"This application is not recognized by Game Center" any ideas?

2»

Answers

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@metamet said:
    This issue is affecting my apps as well. Has anyone received a followup with Apple's support team?

They are currently working on a fix. If you don't feel like waiting, you contact support and they put your app on the list to fix it manually.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• metametmetamet Member, PRO Posts: 80

@raycur09‌ thanks for the reply. What would be your suggestion for someone who is planning on submitting app today... should remove GC features and submit, or should I wait for Apple to fix my games first?

edited November 2014

I find it a little frustrating when my new game comes out and Game Center throws out that error. Im sure my customers think of it the same way and its probably making them delete my app. If i was to release another game right now, i would take Game Center out of my game and release an update with it after it is fixed.

edit:
    @metamet‌

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

agreed with @raycur09‌ , its better to have one less feature than one more error!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited November 2014

This is 100% confirmed to be an issue on Apple's end? As I have downloaded plenty of games in which GC works fine, including ones released in the past couple of days. Apple are really sucking at getting this sorted :(

@Armelline said:
    This is 100% confirmed to be an issue on Apple's end? As I have downloaded plenty of games in which GC works fine, including ones released in the past couple of days. Apple are really sucking at getting this sorted :(

It seems that not all apps are being affected by this bug. Some apps work fine, others get the not supported message, others their leaderboards and achievements don't show, etc. Im currently in direct contact with Apple on finding out what the issue is.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

If this is still an issue with your game please open a support ticket with Apple. With out that i have know way of helping with out submitting my own game and hoping it has the issue.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I would also suggest the you REALLY check out the apple dev forums. They have a thread that lights up when GameCenter is down . Apple even posts in the apple dev forum and they would have a better idea of what is going on with the servers we would.

• sandman12sandman12 Member, PRO Posts: 23

Hi Guys,
    this might be stupid answer and you all know it but I got the same problem with my game adhoc : "not recognized by Game Center"
    I found out that in the new iOS 8...if you go to setting....>Game Center....>at the bottom you will find developer....>turn on sandbox....>then Game Center worked for adhocs

@sandman12 said:
    Hi Guys,
    this might be stupid answer and you all know it but I got the same problem with my game adhoc : "not recognized by Game Center"
    I found out that in the new iOS 8...if you go to setting....>Game Center....>at the bottom you will find developer....>turn on sandbox....>then Game Center worked for adhocs

We are talking about games already live on the App Store having this problem. Sandbox mode is only for testing, the regular joe does not have this setting on their non developer devices.

• sandman12sandman12 Member, PRO Posts: 23

@raycur09...thanks man for clearing it up...though I never had this problem with my games...only adhocs...also when u turn setting-->developer on...my live games on my mobile will login to Game Center sandbox...when I turn it off....logs to normal Game Center...weird

• metametmetamet Member, PRO Posts: 80

It seems like an apple issue because my buddy's app built on something else is throwing him a similar error (although not the big UI that says not recognized; but in his logs apple game center is returning that error). There are gamesalad games in the store that are working fine, like Tiny Touchdown which I just played.

• dapiondapion Member, PRO Posts: 353

I just post already written in another post ...

Yesterday two of my apps have come through the Review. After I loaded it from the store, I got the same error in both. "This app is not recognized by Game Center"

Then I just tried to manage the leaderboards iTunesConnect, without success. I received another error message that the leaderboards are not open and included errors.

My two apps I have created with RC12.9, but think that the error is on the part of Apple site. Have already made ​​contact to the support.

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98

I have the same issue with my app update that was released yesterday, anyone had a response from Apple?

• isamu isamu japanMember, PRO Posts: 21

My game center is not functioning, either.

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158
    edited November 2014

@isamu said:
    My game center is not functioning, either.

@Back2Code , @isamu have you contacted apple support about it?

@Back2Code‌ Since Two days no response from apple...

Since a cause cannot understand clearly, an apple has not been connected with yet.

game center motion appearance was carried out

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158

@isamu said:
    game center motion appearance was carried out

= the issue has been solved for you?

...for a few minutes the GameCenter Option works in one of my two apps.
    No more error message ...

In the other the app the error persists.
    I´ll be waiting :-)

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98

@MarcMySalad said:
    Back2Code , isamu have you contacted apple support about it?

I contacted them through contact us for game centre and the forum and it has magically started working today

edited November 2014

If anyones live game is experiencing this game center problem post a reply on this thread https://devforums.apple.com/thread/241761?start=125&tstart=0 with your game's app ID and App Store link. It should get fixed promptly.

EDIT: If link doesn't work then

Go to Apple Dev Forums, then click on iOS Development -> Connected Technologies -> Game Center -> find the post " Is Game Center down?" Post a reply in there.

@raycur09‌
    When I open the link I get in the Developer Console but then I see only a blank screen.

@dapion said:
    raycur09‌
    When I open the link I get in the Developer Console but then I see only a blank screen.

Go to Apple Dev Forums, then click on iOS Development -> Connected Technologies -> Game Center -> find the post " Is Game Center down?" Post a reply in there.

ok, best thanks for this information!