One More Game Jam? ONE MORE GAME JAM!

dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
edited December 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen

Because the feedback from you guys AND from our development partners was so outstanding, we thought we would end 2014 with a bang and do one final Game Jam. You guys asked for a classic game jam style event where all the games had to be original -- well, here it is. The STUFF YOUR STOCKING SPECTACULAR!

Starting right now and ending Monday at 11:59 GMT, earn $10 and one entry into the sweepstakes for every original Arcade game you submit with the theme "Winter Wonderland"!

Full details:
http://www.gamesalad.com/blog/one-final-jam-for-2014-the-gamesalad-stuff-your-stocking-spectacular

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

It would be a shame not to! These Jams Rock!

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    edited December 2014

Cool, I love these jams :smile: I do wish this jam was a couple weeks ago so that they could be polished and released for Christmas season though.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited December 2014

I'll try to join,great jam.

By the way,I read the all rules.

let's say we create a totally original game and we submit it, can we publish it other store,after the submit date?

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Yep! The only thing we need is the ability to feature it on a GameSalad channel on the Kindle, but you can do whatever else you want with it!

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited December 2014

Hi this is great, one question, I understand that we can't use a previously published game but! can we use "art assets" from a previously published game! as long as the game is different! etc

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Cool.. more jammage... and with stricter entry requirements :)

Still a bit strange that the top 3 winners still get worse prizes than the sweepstakes though? Is that due to some legalise technicality? Just seems odd that the best chosen games don't get the best rewards again.

Still... definitely worth a go, as the previous Jams were great fun :)

• AppTacoAppTaco Member Posts: 125

Shweet!! Pumped for this one.

@Chunkypixels said:
    Cool.. more jammage... and with stricter entry requirements :)

Still a bit strange that the top 3 winners still get worse prizes than the sweepstakes though? Is that due to some legalise technicality? Just seems odd that the best chosen games don't get the best rewards again.

Yes, there are differences between sweepstakes and skill contests, and there are implications for international users, etc.

The upside is we're giving away moar prizes! :)

@jay2dx said:
    Hi this is great, one question, I understand that we can't use a previously published game but! can we use "art assets" from a previously published game! as long as the game is different! etc

Existing assets are fine, you just can't republish existing games.

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

I really like the jams, even if i dont win any price i have a lot of fun and i like that theres a specific theme and see how each one have different ideas and approaches of that theme, so good luck everyone!

• ucornucorn Member Posts: 12

Quick question - what are the implications for non-US participants, @dgackey ?

Just wondering...

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

@ucorn said:
    Quick question - what are the implications for non-US participants, dgackey ?

Just wondering...

Nothing. We can still enter, just remember that currency conversion rate.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

Unfortunately, my residents of my country can't receive money trough PayPal :(

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Sounds great guys!

• jlbrown9jlbrown9 Member Posts: 18

shoot!! I'm in AZ, away from my computer and I've been waiting for a game jam!!! Will there be more??

• chimartinchimartin Member Posts: 2

@dgackey , i have a question concerning the Winter Wonderland is it that the GAME is supposed to have a winter fill in it or what those that mean

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@chimartin said:
    dgackey , i have a question concerning the Winter Wonderland is it that the GAME is supposed to have a winter fill in it or what those that mean

the theme is winter wonderland, so you need to make a game that best fits that theme. it can be anything you think of.

• chimartinchimartin Member Posts: 2

@jonmulcahy thanks for your respond . i am new at GS. I will be happy if you could give me and idea or a hint about that thanks in advance

@imGua said:
    Unfortunately, my residents of my country can't receive money trough PayPal :(

Sorry about that! We try to be as inclusive as possible, but PayPal is (for now) the payment system we use for marketplace payments and this sort of thing.

• diegocsdiegocs Member Posts: 531

Nice! one question! By winter wonderland do you mean that it only has to have snow and all that, or that it is also "cheerful". For example, can I make a game where i have to escape an avalanche or something?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@diegocs said:
    Nice! one question! By winter wonderland do you mean that it only has to have snow and all that, or that it is also "cheerful". For example, can I make a game where i have to escape an avalanche or something?

It's means you can build a game with you own interpretation of the words "winter wonderland" so yes you can build a game that involved an avalanche!

Best of luck.

• ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/127209

here is my first entry, started this one yesterday afternoon, finished tonight. I might try to come up with one more before monday night.

-Ash

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited December 2014

After crazy 72 hours, I finally finished my game^^ I have to rest my back and neck:)

The Elixir Of Life

Once upon a time in a land far far away, there was a robot sent to search for the elixir of life and this is his story in wonderland...

And game;

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/127224

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited December 2014

Here´s my entry, Hats For Snowmen.

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/127225

It´s actually the first thing i´ve published. For some reason the "instructions"-text is a little off screen, and the sound effects doesn't seem to work.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: Fixed the instructions text location, but sound still not working

UPDATE2: Seems like it´s my browser (safari) causing the sound bug. Tried with my Galaxy Tab Pro and everything works fine.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• alexmakovskyalexmakovsky Member Posts: 1

Hey guys! I haven't any US taxpayer ID. Is there a chance to entry for me?

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674

@ashtmj - high score was 42. Man it gets crazy tough when those brutes of snowmen appear! :#

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@ashtmj‌ - great game! Got to a score of 150 and decided to stop. It was taking too much time away from me. :D That's a good sign though!

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Victory Condition? That means no endless...?

• diegocsdiegocs Member Posts: 531

I've never participated in one of this? Are the winners carefully chosen, or is it a random draw?