Windows Creator Nightly 0.12.1 is available

13»

Comments

  • kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11

    Hi Gamesalad, I was wondering when we'll get a release of 12.1. I really like the tools you provided for us to make our own games. In fact, I have a game I'm almost ready to release. I even bough the pro edition because you guys said I will be able to ChartBoost and Rev Mod. I did not realize that only Mac users have access to those functions. I really want to apply those to my game. Please let us know what's going on with the builds.

  • stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

    @kpluong said:
    Hi Gamesalad, I was wondering when we'll get a release of 12.1. I really like the tools you provided for us to make our own games. In fact, I have a game I'm almost ready to release. I even bough the pro edition because you guys said I will be able to ChartBoost and Rev Mod. I did not realize that only Mac users have access to those functions. I really want to apply those to my game. Please let us know what's going on with the builds.

    We're hoping to have a release out late this month/early next month. Incidentally, due to the recent version scramble, it looks like the next release of Windows Creator will be 0.14.

  • FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

    Is there a comprehensive list of everything new added since version 10? The only thing I can remember is that Display Text can now be positioned.

  • stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited March 2015

    @Franto said:
    Is there a comprehensive list of everything new added since version 10? The only thing I can remember is that Display Text can now be positioned.

    Not at the moment. Some features in the nightly: ad support, viewer support, native (Lua/C++ based) previewer. Coming up: joystick support, network support.

  • myke66myke66 Member, PRO Posts: 70
    edited March 2015
  • lukeskywilliamslukeskywilliams Member, PRO Posts: 4

    Do the nightly's have 64 bit support ?

  • stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

    @lukeskywilliams said:
    Do the nightly's have 64 bit support ?

    The Windows nightly builds are 32-bit programs. They will run on 64-bit Windows 7,8, and 10, however. You can also use games you build in it to publish on 64-bit iOS and Android.

  • FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

    @stevej Thanks. The new web previewer works great on Windows 8, I am guessing some of the reports of crashes during preview are due to Windows 7.

  • solacetechsolacetech Member, PRO Posts: 5

    I too share @ookami007 frustration but I do see progress here at GS. I had to rent a mac in order to make my three games. I can't wait for a version of Windows GS that shows what the Mac version shows and have the ability to add Admob ads. My life would be complete then lol.

  • wiltermuthgames@gmail.comwiltermuthgames@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 11

    Hey I very much appreciate your efforts with the updated windows release. I was quite disappointed when i purchased the pro version of gamesalad on my windows platform to only find out i couldn't advertise my games effectively unless i publish games using the nightly version (which is very unstable as mentioned). After hearing this my excitement rose to an all time high. thank you.

  • stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

    @wilter_j@hotmail.com said:
    Hey I very much appreciate your efforts with the updated windows release. I was quite disappointed when i purchased the pro version of gamesalad on my windows platform to only find out i couldn't advertise my games effectively unless i publish games using the nightly version (which is very unstable as mentioned). After hearing this my excitement rose to an all time high. thank you.

    We should be releasing a more stable nightly build shortly.

  • francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48

    Awesome.. Can't wait to work seamlessly between the Mac and Windows Version like I used to a few versions ago. :-) Keep on the good work!

  • stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

    Just a quick update, due to a further rescheduling, the next Windows Creator release will 0.13. We're trying to get a nightly out this week (one more issue to fix), with a official release to follow a week or two (probably the latter) after that. It will be compatible with Mac 0.13, with a couple of exceptions: no networking support, and probably no joystick support in preview (unless BlackCloakGS can get the time to implement it). Joysticks will be usable via the viewer, though. If we don't get joystick preview support in the initial release, we'll look at doing a patch update with it.

  • kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11

    Will it allow for ads?

  • stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

    @kpluong said:
    Will it allow for ads?

    Yes.

Sign In or Register to comment.