Release Candidate 0.12.20 is available with iOS 64-bit Support

QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

Release Candidate 0.12.20

Fixes:

• Fixed a potential crash with the iOS Viewer

Known Issues:

• iAds are only appearing at the top of the screen even if set to appear at the bottom (Bug 688)
  • For iOS 8 devices, if you are unable to connect to the iOS Viewer, try shutting down and restarting the device.
  • Android devices that use ipv6 will not be able to connect to the Android Viewer over WiFi. Please use the USB connection instead for the Viewer.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Getting closer and closer to a stable, good stuff.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• JPGamesFactoryJPGamesFactory Member, PRO Posts: 174

Good Job!!

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited January 2015

If no game breaking bugs are found over the weekend on this release. We will be releasing this as the stable build on Monday.

• iKlazzyiKlazzy Member, PRO Posts: 71

@BlackCloakGS said:
    If no game breaking bugs are found over the weekend on this release. We will be releasing this as the stable build on Monday.

<3 exciting

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51
  • robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

:D

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• metametmetamet Member, PRO Posts: 80

thanks for addressing the crashes I saw so quickly!

• PotatoesAppsPotatoesApps Member Posts: 53

The stable version is going to have android admob?
    Plssss :)

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@BlackCloakGS, how soon will we see Device Locale and Language Attributes?

This is pressing given the new iAP system.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@PotatoesApps said:
    The stable version is going to have android admob?
    Plssss :)

Not yet. It will be in the 0.14 release.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• silverducksilverduck Member, PRO Posts: 20

My game still crashes if I tap twice on the X to close ads between scenes. I'd consider that a game breaking bug.

Regarding the pressing Country Code and Language settings for iAPs, I dug this up from September.

@stevej said:
    After discussing this with the team, we're going to add attributes for: country code, OS being used, and OS version being used. This may come out as a patch to 0.12 if we can't get it out for the initial release.

Please give us a an estimate.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited January 2015

The changes for 64 bit won't be merged into the 0.13 nightly build until we've got them stable on 0.12.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@Hopscotch said:
    Regarding the pressing Country Code and Language settings for iAPs, I dug this up from September.

Please give us a an estimate.

Unfortunately that's been pushed to the 0.13 release.

Also, two of my PNG assets are uncharacteristically darkened when I play on my device. Also, one of my music assets refuses to play on device.

I'm pretty sure these problems were absent in the last release candidate but present in the release candidate before that.

That being said, there was another visual glitch on my device in the last two release candidates that was harder to explain. It's finally gone.

Am I the only one experiencing things like this?

@silverduck, I find that in ca. one out of 6 builds there are artifacts on the edges, or repeating dots in the images. I then rebuild the project and it sorts it out.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@silverduck said:
    Also, two of my PNG assets are uncharacteristically darkened when I play on my device. Also, one of my music assets refuses to play on device.

I'm pretty sure these problems were absent in the last release candidate but present in the release candidate before that.

That being said, there was another visual glitch on my device in the last two release candidates that was harder to explain. It's finally gone.

Am I the only one experiencing things like this?

Are these images png24 with transparency?

If not they should be.

Do they contain only black or white pixel data (i.e. image is white/grey/black graphics only)?

If so add one pixel of color and it should render correctly in GS.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    If so add one pixel of color and it should render correctly in GS.

Thank you. You're absolutely right. These images are completely grey in color. I'll check to make sure they're PNG-24 and add a pixel of faint color when I get the chance. That seems like such a crazy solution but it kinda makes sense haha.

@silverduck said:

I think what happens is during the image conversion process on the server side it detects the image has only greyscale and changes the png accordingly in an attempt to optimize it automatically.

My guess would be that GS is using some 3rd party software to handle image conversion and this is an effect from that.

• AppulocityAppulocity Member, PRO Posts: 46

I'm in the process of publishing a new game; should I hold off on doing so until Monday?

@Zenithax, this version seems fine to publish with, I have 4 in review myself. Do an adhoc test, and if it runs fine then publish.

As there don't seems to be any real problems reported so far, this will most likely be the same codebase as comes out on Monday.

Thanks again for the advice about adding a single colored pixel. That seemed to work just dandy.

Now my only issue is why one of my music tracks refuses to play ever (and I'm not sure but other tracks might be finicky). There's nothing special about this track that sets it apart from others in the project and again, this is only when playing on my device. Everything is kosher in the editor.

Also, tapping multiple times to close interstitial ads 100% guarantees a crash, but that's just out of my hands.

• skottskott Member Posts: 172
    edited February 2015

Having two issues seen in the game we are making with RC 0.12.20

White default image on some of our actors. Transparent png:

Seen it on iPad air and iPhone 6 both iOs 8.1.2
    Not seen on iPhone 5 iOs 7.1.1 and iPad 2 running iOs 8.0.2

Our music file are not playing in ad hoc version. Using .m4a set as play music in GS. Music works and plays in creator and in viewer.

I have submitted a bug report.

@skott, do you get the image problems consistently? Or does a rebuild fix it sometimes?

I have seen the same intermittently, but not found a pattern. It seems more to be a load issue during the generation process on the GS server. Rebuilding the package nearly always fixes it, although it may reappear on subsequent builds.

edited February 2015

@Hopscotch said:
    skott, do you get the image problems consistently? Or does a rebuild fix it sometimes?

I have seen the same intermittently, but not found a pattern. It seems more to be a load issue during the generation process on the GS server. Rebuilding the package nearly always fixes it, although it may reappear on subsequent builds.

I too have seen this intermittently. I thought I was going crazy and accidently deleted some images from my project so they showed up as white boxes. But this doesn't seem to be the case. It does seem to get fixed on a rebuild. Wonder if it is server side.

Edit: this isn't just on RC for me. Even stable does this from time to time. Which again makes me think server side image issue.

• parimalarapolparimalarapol Member, PRO Posts: 6

hey everyone. I have a doubt. I want to add chartboost ads to my game, i am developing my game using windows creator 0.10.4. I read that one should be using a gamesalad version more than 11 to be able to integrate chartboost? Is it so? Need your help.
    thank you!

• natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243

Still crashes when trying to get a screen shot.

Nat Clarke
    Life Cleansing

• skottskott Member Posts: 172

@Hopscotch said:
    skott, do you get the image problems consistently? Or does a rebuild fix it sometimes?

Haven't tried a rebuild, will try.. It "feels" like it's a bug in the build process?.. Kind of glad it's not only me seeing it, then there is a chance of reproducing it and find the bug.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Can I publish today without 64 bit support? There is no stable version of GameSalad supporting that now?