Stable Release - Macintosh GameSalad Creator 0.12.20

Comments

• parimalarapolparimalarapol Member, PRO Posts: 6

hey everyone, i have a doubt. I am a pro user and i want to add chartboost/revmob ads to my game, but it says that only version more than 0.11 supports it, but i cannot find anything more than 0.10.5, i am working on windows platform to publish on android. Please help! Thank you

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

So we can publish today with this??
    Thanks

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Hmmmm I may have spoke to soon...there are...issues. In the inspector...actors overlap the actor/attribute/scene area...not centered. In images...of the 30-35 images I have in my project, I was able to see only one....and now...since I cant click the close GS pop up...the issue only goes away if I logout...

Its happened only a couple of times.

Also...it takes for ever to be able to scroll down lines of code.

AND...sorry theres one more issue...my 1.2MB project published adhoc as a 10.3MB download.

1.2MB...publishes to 10.3MB ? Thats bad.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

@parimalarapol said:
    hey everyone, i have a doubt. I am a pro user and i want to add chartboost/revmob ads to my game, but it says that only version more than 0.11 supports it, but i cannot find anything more than 0.10.5, i am working on windows platform to publish on android. Please help! Thank you

Windows is behind right now. Download an RC build, which will bring Windows up to Mac version but its still in testing

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Second, Can't close the gamesalad pop menu.

• Xtian80��Xtian80�� Member, PRO Posts: 2

@QASalad said:
    There is also an issue currently in Web Publishing where iPad and iPhone targets are not saving the Minimum OS Version. Until we get the fix in, use iOS Universal Binary or else you'll get rejected by Apple for not setting the version to 5.1.1.

EDIT: This is now fixed. Minimum OS Version is now saving for iOS Universal, iPad, and iPhone.

I just got this from apple, after i generate my app with the GS update..Any help on this.? thank you guys..

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for ""xxxxxxxx". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Missing 64-bit support - Beginning on February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Shouldn't DTSDKname be set to iPhoneos8.0 instead of iphoneos7.0? Same for DTPlataformVersion?

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@jigglybean : I am sorry, i didn't get you.So do you mean that there is no version of gamesalad right now which supports adding chartboost and revmob on windows???

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited February 2015

@parimalarapol There is no stable version of GameSalad Creator for Windows that support ads. However we have a nightly build of GameSalad Creator for Windows that does.

@BlackCloakGS , hey tq for the information but i really couldn't understand how does it work and all that. Could you please elaborate it?

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2015

Third, Can't close the gamesalad pop menu. I also can't sign my apps from the GS website. I click the "Begin signing process" and nothing happens. I have attempted the signing process on both safari and chrome. The issue didn't occur until I updated to v12. Coincidence?

Partially Solved

Clicking the sign app button makes the Gamesalad Program seem as if its running. This is not the case. I had to open the project I was working on then attempt to sign the app. This fixed the problem.

• maurice_murphymaurice_murphy Member Posts: 15

@Xtian80�� which version of xcode u using ?

@parimalarapol not sure what you are not understanding. There is a bleeding edge build call a nightly build. We have a windows nightly build that has the ad behaviors it in. The current windows build 0.10.5 does not.

@BlackCloakGS , so, is it that if i am using 0.10.4 or 0.10.5 in windows, i can't put ads? And also i want to know what is the latest version for windows.

the latest stable version of GameSalad Creator for Windows is 0.10.5 no ad support

the latest unstable version of GameSalad Creator for Windows is 0.12.1 ad support

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

Hmmm.... iAds not even showing in my game that was released last night. Normally they show up same time game is released. I'll give it another day or two. Apple didn't reject it though. Published with version 12.10 last week.

• Xtian80��Xtian80�� Member, PRO Posts: 2

@maurice_murphy said:
    Xtian80�� which version of xcode u using ?

Thanks Maurice, but i think the problem has been fixed, .. Ill try it tomorrow and see if it works. Thank you anyway.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

When will we get Google play leaderboards?

• Kernel AppsKernel Apps Member Posts: 9

Great!

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Anyone else having problems closing the startup screen (with the red button) on the creator?

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@BlackCloakGS Amazon is getting more strict now in the review process and are rejecting apps as during game play if you press the back button the app exists then starts from the beginning when you relaunch it ... Here is the official reply from the Amazon app review team.

FAILED TESTING
    Observation:- Others :
    Steps to reproduce:
    1.Install & launch the app.
    2.Tap on "Play" & start playing the game.
    3.During playing tap on device back button.
    4.App exits to device home screen, once again launch, app restarts.

Do we have to program the back button to preform a specific function like we did with Tizen or is this something that the GS team can implement a fix for ? Thanks for your help in advance.

edited February 2015

@LumpApps said:
    Anyone else having problems closing the startup screen (with the red button) on the creator?

Yes. I have to Force Quit GS...now THATS stability right thar! So stable you cant shut it off. Lol

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
  • MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

I am having problems when I click on the home button. It takes a couple of minutes to react and sometimes I just have to force quit it. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. All the same issue "seem" to be persisting as before this release. And even a few new ones. Im really anticipating a VERY polished 13 please.

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

@Thunder_Child I agree, the previous version may have been more stable than this one..

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@neoman said:
    BlackCloakGS Amazon is getting more strict now in the review process and are rejecting apps as during game play if you press the back button the app exists then starts from the beginning when you relaunch it ... Here is the official reply from the Amazon app review team.

FAILED TESTING
    Observation:- Others :
    Steps to reproduce:
    1.Install & launch the app.
    2.Tap on "Play" & start playing the game.
    3.During playing tap on device back button.
    4.App exits to device home screen, once again launch, app restarts.

Do we have to program the back button to preform a specific function like we did with Tizen or is this something that the GS team can implement a fix for ? Thanks for your help in advance.

@QASalad or @BlackCloakGS I would really appreciate it if someone can provide me with an answer for the above question? My app has been rejected multiple times. I am not sure where to go from here. Cheers in advance.

• djdeedjdee Member Posts: 180

Why does the images with 16 bit rate doesn't support transparency when dropped in GS creator. And can i know when is the iAds bug b fixed??