• Free Custom Pixel Art! •

13»

Comments

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822

@myu699 There's a ton of free pixel art makers online, but I'm not sure if they support vectors.

one thing i heard you can do with photoshop is get an image from the web and past into a file, then making the images smaller but using hard edges and then making it bigger still with hard edges which will give you a pixel look

That's one way. I personally wouldn't recommend it; Nothing will look as good as actually drawing each pixel by hand, it sounds boring and difficult but it's surprisingly easier then you'd think.

Also does anybody know any good vector drawing programs out there for free (either online or download)

Here's a really good one for pixel art (does not support vector) - http://www.piskelapp.com/

thanks! and special thanks to @FallingBoxStudios for taking all this extra effort for us!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to help ;)

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

Yup @Lovejoy, its what I use and Gimp, instead of Photoshop and Illustrator.

• Art of PixelsArt of Pixels Art of Pixels Studio Purple Pixel PlanetMember Posts: 2

@myu699 said:
    Also does anybody know any good vector drawing programs out there for free (either online or download) thanks!

While I now use photoshop for my pixel art, you can also use any simple drawing program and zoom in. I used to use this program: [paintbrush.sourceforge.net/downloads/](http://paintbrush.sourceforge.net/downloads/ a"paintbrush.sourceforge.net/downloads/")

Just zoom in 1600% and switch the brush size to 1 and you can make pixel art.

As for the vector part, I don't think I have seen any usable vector pixel art programs :/.

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281
    edited March 2015

I don't think vectors and pixel creating software mix.
    To define the differences pixels are the basic building blocks vectors are scalable and can be any size.