Looking for PRO member to publish with iAds

BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
A few people have blasted GS for not releasing iAds to Express users. I've decided to take a somewhat more civil approach...

Why pay Gendai even more money for their lack-luster attempt at a professional-grade feature set, when I can further support the community instead?

When the time comes for me to release my next app I would like to hire a PRO member to add iAds and "publish for iPhone", then return to me the compiled app.

If anyone is interested, please post here or email me (GSusername@gmail.com) your fee. Thank you.

Comments

• giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    Me too please, offering 20$ per app (i have 33)!
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    xSlamGx said:
    Me too. I'm giving 50$ for each game I have and I will create.

You mean each game Nintendo will create?
    Sorry couldn't help that one :P
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I'm thinking this wouldn't work. The games would be signed with the pro member's certificates, that would in turn not match that of the express dev trying to upload it.
    yeah you would have o give the provisioning profile to the pro.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    @Eastbound, how about publishing to iTunes for me with a profit share agreement?

That or somehow passing my certificate to you, not sure if that is possible.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Eastbound said:
    I'm thinking this wouldn't work. The games would be signed with the pro member's certificates, that would in turn not match that of the express dev trying to upload it.

The pro member would have to send the finished binary to the developer to upload to apple.
    The dev would also have to send the pro member the certificate and add them to their account. Similar to building an app for a client.

...i think lol
    JamesZeppelin said:
    ... Similar to building an app for a client.

From a legality standpoint, that is exactly what it is like; except the "client" has already built the GS resource for you. Easiest "client" job evar! ;-)
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Guys, what you are asking is dishonest. GameSalad has been good to us, don't try to do this, please.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    I doubt any professional developer (Pro) is going to want to get involved with this....

Im pretty sure Gendai would either frown upon it, or even make it a breach of use, under their terms of use.
    barkbark00 said:
    @Eastbound, how about publishing to iTunes for me with a profit share agreement?

That or somehow passing my certificate to you, not sure if that is possible.

I'm not Pro, so I'm afraid I couldn't do it for you, anyway. I'll be waiting to see how some of the Pro users' experiences are, and perhaps upgrade if I think I can stand to make at least $2,000 more a year by upgrading. I'm thinking I could, though.
    @design219, I respectfully disagree. The is business and I am simply asking a professional iPhone application developers to fulfill an iPhone app related service.

You pro's have payed a premium for a product that enables to use GS to create anything it supports. Not just for yourself, but also for clients. I am simply a client.
    @Chunkypixels, For Gendai to "frown upon" this would actually go against the purpose of a "professional" membership...

http://gamesalad.com/terms

Show me in the TOS where it details "acceptable use" in a way which would make this a "breach"?
    They can always add or update the TOS.....

iAds wasnt part of the toolset up until now, so theyre well within their rights to update the TOS to cover such developments.

You guys are simply looking for a way to get around things.... and like Design219 said, be dishonest. its this kind of cheapass attitude that gives GameSalad a bad reputation... by keeping iAds to Pro accounts theyre putting it in the hands of more responsible developers.
    @Chunkypixels, I have remained civil this entire time and you resort to calling me "cheapass". What's more, I AM willing to pay!

My opinion is just that Gendai is charging way too much. This is proven by the seeming near absence of pro users (read: pro users that paid full price).

YOUR attitude is not appreciated!

If you would like to squabble, I invite you to leave this discussion.

Edit: If crappy celebrity reality shows have taught us anything, it's this: `rich <> responsible`
    Im not squabbling.....

...and, if you read my message again, where exactly did I single you out? If you think i was specifically talking about you, then hey, I cant help it if you associate yourself with what i said :)

And for the record, I agree that the cost of Pro membership is too much, especially for an unfinished, buggy dev package. Im currently an Express user, who would like the pro features, but currently cannot justify paying the high price for an unfinished product.

But I still think iAds should be pro only, and I still think its irresponsible, and devious attitude to be looking for a way around it, like being discussed in this topic.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    barkbark00 said:
    Why pay Gendai even more money for their lack-luster attempt at a professional-grade feature set, when I can further support the community instead?

...because maybe it's against the license agreement? I'm not sure that you can use GameSalad in that way. I tossed a similar idea around before. It seems like $25-$50 to remove the GameSalad splash screen would be a popular idea... but that doesn't seem so common around here. Maybe with the iAds situation, things might change.
    I'm not looking for a way. There IS a way, which is perfectly aligned with the current TOS!

Edit: Has anyone actually read the TOS. There is noting in there that says this (or Photics thing) is against the rules.
    barkbark00 said:
    I'm not looking for a way. There IS a way, which is perfectly aligned with the current TOS!

Are you sure? I thought I read something in there that suggested you could only make games for yourself.

It's a touchy situation. If you're a Pro, can you not make games for your clients? If you can, could iAds and splash screen removal be a service?
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I have to say that as much I love GS, I'm loving it a whole lot less due to the iAds BS.

While I wouldn't do this, I certainly understand those who would.

Some of us had to work hard to get the money to buy a license, and with the funds we'd buy PRO, but can't - if people think they stand a shot at making enough with iAds to buy PRO, then I'd wish them luck and hope they achieve that.
    Photics said:
    If you're a Pro, can you not make games for your clients? If you can, could iAds and splash screen removal be a service?

That is the definition of Pro! lol

Found this...
    Excerpt from TOS:
    Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that your interactions and dealings with any third party in connection with your use of the Site and/or Gendai Games Services (including, without limitation, Apple and other users of this Site and Gendai Games Services) are solely between you and such third party.

I think you're looking at the wrong legalese. That's the GameSalad.com legal jargon. I'll go look for the part I'm thinking of.
    I'm pretty sure that the GameSalad.com TOS extends to the GS app as well. Both are mentioned enough...
    Chunkypixels said:
    ...and, if you read my message again, where exactly did I single you out? If you think i was specifically talking about you, then hey, I cant help it if you associate yourself with what i said :)

Just noticed this...

Are you blind? I'm the OP with the bright idea to pay a pro for iAd help, a stance which you think is "cheapass".

I wasn't "singled out", but I am a member (dare I say leader? *wink*) of the group sharing my opinion!
    I don't have the Pro version, but here's what the 0.8.7 installer says...
    GameSalad End User License Agreement

This temporary license is limited to the personal use of the games and software by User. No license is granted for any business, commercial, resale or proprietary use.

If Gendai Games is OK with Pro users providing iAds / custom loading screens / hyperlinks services to Express users, I think I can offer such a service through Photics.com.

If they're not OK with Pro users offering such a service, is it really a "Pro" version?
    That statement really just limits the transferability of the license. If it is licensed to me, not my company, anyone buying my company would have to buy a new license of GS.

To limit Pro users from doing what we have described they would have to define "personal use". It obviously does not mean "Non-commercial"...
    I don't see any yellow boxes confirming or denying this.

If Gendai Games is OK with it, then I should probably go Pro and offer the Pro customizations service. I'd probably charge like $50 for the addition of iAds, adding a custom loading screen and adding up to five hyperlinks.

Setting this precedent would be very bad for Gendai Games, as users wouldn't even need to be Express members. The main software is free. How many games can you make in a year? 4-5 really good ones? That means $200 for me and zero for Gendai Games.

Perhaps they're rethinking their stance, as the update notes are no longer available on the wiki.

Pro would be like AdMob, for when iAds are not available. I think it's harmful to the community to completely exclude Express users.
    @photics, id be your first customer. only need addition of iads!!!
    giacomopoppi said:
    @photics, id be your first customer. only need addition of iads!!!

Heh, that's awesome. I'm not sure how Gendai Games feels about this idea though... and I'm not even sure it's going to be an issue. I think there's an obvious uproar about iAds being Pro only... so it might end up as an Express feature too.

Also, I'm waiting to see how Photics: Revisions "lite" does with iAds...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=332511745&mt=8

If I don't see some decent earning, then I probably don't need to pay $1999 for iAds.
    Photics said:
    ...because maybe it's against the license agreement? I'm not sure that you can use GameSalad in that way. I tossed a similar idea around before. It seems like $25-$50 to remove the GameSalad splash screen would be a popular idea... but that doesn't seem so common around here. Maybe with the iAds situation, things might change.

I would pay $100 per app to simply remove the GameSalad loading screen. It's not that I don't ant people to know my game was made with Gamesalad, I would gladly credit them. I simply despise the look of it, and feel it makes my games look unprofessional from the initial load.

As for this whole iAds debacle, I'll watch from the sidelines (and probably interject my opinions quite a bit :p) and see how it goes over.
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    would be nice to get a couple of apps out there with iAds working from GS...and see really how it is?? John