Looking for PRO member to publish with iAds

Comments

• BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    With iAds, every day you wait equates to an exponential deduction in your projected profits.

Let me explain. iAds are new and cool, so ppl actually look at them...for now. The CTR is the highest it will ever be.

That is why iAds being a Pro-only option pisses me off so much! I lose more money every day I wait trying to earn enough money to get a Pro license...!
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    This whole thing is stupid... There should only be one license... With a full and complete program from $99-$250 a year... Much more devs would be attracted to GS... They'd make more money and so would we....

Like this, if well, you like this!
    Give them 3 more years free?
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    barkbark00 said:
    Give them 3 more years free?

Yes... +1
    Nah, you're getting your refund in "market value" dollars. You'd be lucky to get 3 yrs... ;P

* Yeah, my math was off...

Edit: BTW, this solves all of OUR problems. Current pros just get opted-in at the end of their term...
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    How many people have actually paid $1999....very few
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I have read the topic up to "cheapass".

That is cheapass, what Gendai is doing.

They can't wonder if such ideas arise.

GS is a crap as it stands now. The pro is ridiculously expensive with or without iAd in the current state.

Adding a wanted feature to a broken beta crap to cash up IS unethical. Period.
    Yodapollo,

Since the word on iAd is out, can you chime in here? What is the official take on what is proposed in this thread?
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    *listens for the footsteps of a yellow poster*
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Hey barkbark and chosenonestudio I am going to create an app to calculate the amount of years it takes to refund that amount if you divide it by 250 and please use it...(:p
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    tshirtbooth said:
    At 250 a year they would have to give 7 more years for free. I dont think most of us will be doing this in 3 years never mind 7.

Well when they did a limited time sale of $1699 for pro registration, I don't think they gave out refunds for the people who paid full price.

Should they decide to reduce the price, I agree that they should appease the existing pro members somehow. However, there is no reason that they would be obligated for refunds. Perhaps they could give you a pro-rated refund, but even that sounds dodgy.

When goods go on sale, nobody gets a refund, I don't see why this would be any different.
    Well, if Gendai doesn't say "Pro's can't enhance games made by others", then there is no need for a price change. I will just spend my money with a Pro instead of GS. Yoda?
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    Eastbound said:
    When goods go on sale, nobody gets a refund, I don't see why this would be any different.

Actually some places offer you the difference if you've purchased recently within a certain time frame.

but this is all beside the point.

I wish I had a slurpee.
  • PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    I have a Pro account, and I'm not above the idea of publishing apps for others (for the cost of my time, of course).

Contact me at john2kx@gmail.com to work out the details, if you're interested.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Thanks Actswartz. Maybe now people will stop emailing me to ask if I'll do it!

Remember kids, refusal often offends! ;)

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• Hurricane09Hurricane09 Member Posts: 40
    Gendai should act on this and offer unlimited iAds with the pro, and develop a 1-time per app fee that could be charged when you upload/have your game packaged. Pay by paypal, get a code that you enter in during the package process and whamo! iAds. $20/game and I'd go for it. I can't see buying pro though - it's the chicken egg thing. Spend money to make money, but I'm not too interested in forking out $2k right now.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    I like GS, and I think it was only a matter of time before the indie developers would complain when a new feature came out for the pro developers. I'm also surprised the pro developers did not complain more about the lack of additional features from the indie.

I disagree when I here others say, "Well this is for the Pro developers because that want abuse it, because they don't make crap games". The difference between indie and pros is the cost, not the quality of the games they make.

Here is my opinion about GS.

I think GS is a great tool.
    I think the indie price is good.
    I think the pro price is why to high for the lack of features.
    I think the forums, documentation, examples and website has been done rather well.
    I think GS need to loose the beta stamp. Nothing should be listed as beta this long.
    I think if you don't like it then try something else like Unity, Shiva.

I will keep on using GS indie for my iPhone development and I'm looking at using App Inventor for Android (Just came out and it's free).
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    quantumsheep said:

" Remember kids, refusal often offends! ;) "

Yes but just when you are polite and always think about the other...so you can FORGET IT !!
    quantumshepherd is his name and nothing befalls him.....AMEN T_T
  • Hurricane09Hurricane09 Member Posts: 40
    Agree, wife has an Android phone so I can see tackling that one this weekend.

I will keep my Express of GS - can't really complain for the price. I've made my money back in less than 2 months, 3 apps later...
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    JamesBoucher said:
    I like GS, and I think it was only a matter of time before the indie developers would complain when a new feature came out for the pro developers. I'm also surprised the pro developers did not complain more about the lack of additional features from the indie.

I disagree when I here others say, "Well this is for the Pro developers because that want abuse it, because they don't make crap games". The difference between indie and pros is the cost, not the quality of the games they make.

Here is my opinion about GS.

I think GS is a great tool.
    I think the indie price is good.
    I think the pro price is why to high for the lack of features.
    I think the forums, documentation, examples and website has been done rather well.
    I think GS need to loose the beta stamp. Nothing should be listed as beta this long.
    I think if you don't like it then try something else like Unity, Shiva.

I will keep on using GS indie for my iPhone development and I'm looking at using App Inventor for Android (Just came out and it's free).

James I completely agree with you on that.

I do think the cost of Pro should be much lower, but hopefully that is a decision that they will make in the near future as to changing the price. It's not worth the steep 2K price, and I certainly wouldn't put that much money down on a program with very few features at this point in the game.

If people don't like the program, or what they have to offer, then there are plenty of other programs you could use.

There are new ones like "App Inventor" on the way that I'm looking very much forward to testing out.

And it looks like programs like Corona may be pursuing the drag and drop system as well.

iAds is overrated, and while it will make you a bit of extra income, it's not going to change your income that much from what it is now.

Pretty soon, people will get sick of ads in their games, and the novelty (If I can even call it that) of it will wear down.
    no drag n drop with corona
    Rob2: There has been word that Corona is working on something like this for "non-programmers"
    where? I think people are mixing up what GS does with an IDE for Corona which is a completely different kettle of text
    http://www.anscamobile.com/faq/

Scroll down and look at the heading that says: "What if I've never written any Code before"

It eludes to the fact that they may be coming out with a drag and drop type Game Creator

I never said it was out, but sounds like it's in the works
    Well I hadn't seen that and it does look interesting but it doesn't really elude to anything but we can all hope for things...at least they have respect for members over at Corona.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    I will add

-iADs
    -In game url forwarding

for 10$ each!!!!

if you are interested email me
    magic101hi@yahoo.com
  • vegasmike1vegasmike1 Member Posts: 192
    GS has the business model they want to follow and for some reason they feel that these two things, iad and direct link to the web world are vital for their biz model to charge for them at a higher rate. I dont agree, but then I guess I did agree when I got a base version of GS. I could buy the other one, but so far no one who is a PRO developer has come out and said, oh heck I am making tons of cash with these features and I recommend it to everyone.
    I would like to know how many users there are, 100, 500, 1000, multiply that times 100 bucks, and you have the total revenue for GS, I suppose that if they have x pro users the same math works just a bit bigger. With the basic announcement from apple that they are going to open the doors a bit more and be less critical about where the code comes from, if I were at GS, I would be putting everything in the base code, and kicking the butt out of other dev systems. I still think that there are very few folks over at GS and they have a huge task on hand to try and survive, or prosper.
    I would never do the find a pro thing, just not right, my 2 cents.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Pro users helping out Express users...I don't see that as a crime at all. Express users are people too. They just can't afford pro quite yet. and it would be a really nice thing for a pro user who has those cool features to help out an express.

I was wondering if any pro users want some extra cash and would be willing to remove the splash screen off my current app. I always had a problem with the GS splash screen for some reason...

Email me at artonskyblue(@)gmail(dot)com, if you're interested. You don't have to respond on the forums if you don't want to, you can just email me directly. Im also not gonna call your name out on the forums and try to make you look bad or anything, we'll keep this just between us two :)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    It's basic economics. If the price is too high, it results in a loss of business. Would a thread like this exist if Pro was $250-$500 a year?
    Would a thread like this exist if it were a violation of the TOS/EULA? Probably not. Gendai's silence speaks volumes...