Monthly GameSalad Meetup Thursday May 7 at 7pm CST (01:00 GMT)

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@BlackCloakGS thanks for organising these!

I have not missed a single one, but usually only sign up minutes before.

Only drawback for me is that its 2am here and cutting into my creative time. :)

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited May 2015

Just a friendly reminder this months meet up is Thursday. If you know a GameSalad user that does not know about the meetup spread the word.

@Hopscotch you are welcome glad every one enjoys that meetups.

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Just a friendly reminder this months meet up is Thursday. If you know a GameSalad user that does not know about the meetup spread the word.

Hopscotch you are welcome glad every one enjoys that meetups.

Be ready prepping up those questions.

I am ready to answer what i can of question you guy have at the meetup.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2015

@BlackCloakGS @ForumNinja

Thanks for the reminder email with the Calendar links.

However, I clicked on iCal link to add the appointment and a Zip file of an App was downloaded?

Edited: Ignore the rest of the original post guys.

I had a dirty trackball and everything I tried to click was off by a few pixels... and a few pixels in native display mode on a Retina iMac is barely discernible.

I thought you had sent me a free app :D which is why I said in the original post:

"What’s up? A free App? Wow, thanks. :p "

We really need an emoji for forehead slap. It would get used a lot in this forum... by me.

• lkmadlkmad Member Posts: 117

It's 3am for me unfortunately so I will be unable to attend. Will look for the recorded video when I wake up! ;)

• apitlekaysapitlekays Coventry, United KingdomMember Posts: 67

Wait, just to confirm, for people who are in the UK, this meetup will start at 1am or 2am? This is my first GameSalad meetup. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Dat GameSalad Research Guy :D

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,333

@apitlekays said:
    Wait, just to confirm, for people who are in the UK, this meetup will start at 1am or 2am? This is my first GameSalad meetup. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Pretty sure it's 1am. I may be mistaken though, it's been a whole month since I last had to know :tongue:

I now just need to work out what questions to ask now that I can't nag about creator speed...

7 pm CST is 1 am UK time

@Armelline and @Socks should think about presenting a talk next moth. There is so many good guide and tips you two have posted on the forums any of them would be a good talk for the meetup.

edited May 2015

I'd forgotten it's the General Election today (don't worry, I voted!), so there's a good chance I'll be watching election coverage when this talk starts, so please be certain to record it!

My questions I'd be asking if I do turn up are these, so someone please ask them:

1. Any progress on custom fonts? Still itching to get those impelmented.
    2. Any chance of getting the 50 table limit removed? Not hard to exceed that. Since I've successfully added additional tables by editing the XML files, I assume the limit is arbitrary?

And I have a few short topics I could present next month if needed. But same proviso - 5-10 mins, along with one or two or more other speakers.

edited May 2015

@Armelline said:
    I'd forgotten it's the General Election today (don't worry, I voted!), so there's a good chance I'll be watching election coverage when this talk starts, so please be certain to record it!

Don't worry I will record it like always

My questions I'd be asking if I do turn up are these, so someone please ask them:

1. Any progress on custom fonts? Still itching to get those impelmented.

yes the engine now supports it. Now if i can only find time to put it into creator. Currently we are swamped by other things like ARC.

1. Any chance of getting the 50 table limit removed? Not hard to exceed that. Since I've successfully added additional tables by editing the XML files, I assume the limit is arbitrary?

Yes this limit is imposted do to some poor code in our tables lib. We hope in the coming months to optimize the lib an lift that limit.

And I have a few short topics I could present next month if needed. But same proviso - 5-10 mins, along with one or two or more other speakers.

You could alway put all the shot topics in to one longer talk call it Tips From a Seasoned Pro.
    I am still looking for a presenter for June. I really liked you post on how to use the display text behavior.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I'll be joining! I heard via email that there will be a special announcement?

edited May 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Don't worry I will record it like always

I look forward to watching it!

yes the engine now supports it. Now if i can only find time to put it into creator. Currently we are swamped by other things like ARC.

ARC definitely the top priority, and every second you've spent working on that has been worth it. It's literally a night and day difference! Looking forward to seeing this implemented though!

Yes this limit is imposted do to some poor code in our tables lib. We hope in the coming months to optimize the lib an lift that limit.

Sounds great!

You could alway put all the shot topics in to one longer talk call it Tips From a Seasoned Pro.

I am still looking for a presenter for June. I really liked you post on how to use the display text behavior.

I'd be happy to do that for a later talk but I'm so absurdly busy right now that I couldn't do that for June. My offer of a 5-10 min segment still stands though. (Custom fonts would save me something in the region of 50 hours of work on current project, though, so I could always put that time to use on a talk or two ;) )

edited May 2015

Does some one want to do a talk about how to do custom fonts with GameSalad 0.13 for June?

@Socks do you have any good GameSalad math talks?

edited May 2015

@Braydon_SFX glad you will be attending and the surprise is totally worth attending the meetup.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Braydon_SFX glad you will be attending and the surprise is totally worth attending the meeting.

Well now I have to come. Election be damned!

@Armelline you can always watch on your phone in line to vote ;) Gotowebinar has a mobile app.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Armelline you can always watch on your phone in line to vote ;) Gotowebinar has a mobile app.

I've used it before, it's actually pretty nifty :D

I'm all voted already, it's just going to be a VERY interesting result (we're looking at a hung parliament for sure with the likelihood of neither major party being able to form an easy coalition and a real chance of a minority government or another election forced. So I'll definitely have the TV on in the background, but I'm sure I can watch the meetup too :D

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2015

A Midnight start in the UK is a little late for most, I'm fast approaching 45 and need my beauty sleep :)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@DeepBlueApps said:
    A Midnight start in the UK is a little late for most, I'm vast approaching 45 and need my beauty sleep :)

I don't think beauty is the right word to use in a sentence about yourself. :D

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Haha :)

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Braydon_SFX glad you will be attending and the surprise is totally worth attending the meetup.

Uh, now I want to attend

1 hour before the meetup starts

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Socks do you have any good GameSalad math talks?

Mmmmm . . . . maybe ! I'm a little busy right now, but maybe for a future Meetup ?

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

Go to meetup or do homework?

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Here is the file for the "Mind Reading" demonstration.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Wohoo ! I'm ready!

• delleyntardelleyntar Member, PRO Posts: 9

Hey at the start of the webinar you said you had a sample of the program to download? Where would I find that?

edited May 2015

See @RThurman attachment two post up