Release Candidate 0.13.11 Mac ARC with performance improvements

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited April 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Release Candidate 0.13.11

Fixes:

• Fixed crash when closing the Expression Editor

• Fixed crash when clicking "Show In Finder" or any of the other post-app signing buttons.

Known Issues:

• Copy Table behavior does not copy over row and column names. The workaround is to reference the actual row and column numbers instead of the name.

• Changing table column type removes the column header

• Creator may crash when moving an actor from one layer to another.

• Table Boolean values will not change if they're on the first row.

• You may experience a crash when logging into GameSalad Creator from the Dashboard.

• An occasional crash may occur when loading a project while an Android device is plugged in via USB.

• The Animate behavior will currently not show its images until you back out of the Actor and re-open it.

• Moving from Actor Editor back to the Actor pane can cause a memory spike (memory leak is being investigated)

Includes all the fixes and features from 0.13.10 RC

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

Get The Build Now

or

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

nice, closer & closer to 0.14 and hopefully admob banner/fullscreen.
    The creator is so fast and nice to work with, great job GS team.

• nottiffanyleenottiffanylee Member, PRO Posts: 13

I'll be trying this out later today!

• CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97

Will give it a spin. Thanks.

Looks like this build can't be used with iOS Viewer. If I try I get:

GameSalad Viewer Update Required
    Please download and install the latest version of GameSalad Viewer.

I'm using iOS Viewer is ver 0.13.7

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Very nice. I just threw a couple of current projects on the Macbook at it, no problem. I'll play with animations of various sizes and purposes later to see what's what.

Yosemite has not given me too much grief with the current release, but when it does, it's ironic that is always when I have not saved my project for a bit.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@RP said:
    when it does, it's ironic that is always when I have not saved my project for a bit.

Don't blame GameSalad for that, blame Murphy. ;)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@CobraBlade said:
    Looks like this build can't be used with iOS Viewer. If I try I get:
    I'm using iOS Viewer is ver 0.13.7

Each build comes with its own build of the Viewer. They are on the download page linked in the first post.

http://gs.release.candidates.s3.amazonaws.com/ios-viewer/0.13.11/GameSalad-Viewer-0.13.11-beta.zip

@BlackCloakGS said:

Known Issues:

Copy Table behavior does not copy over row and column names. The workaround is to reference the actual row and column numbers instead of the name.

[...]

I'll wait for this one to be fixed in the next RC before doing more testing, since this issue will most likely override anything else that could be going wonky in my project.

I see, thanks @Armelline.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

@pHghost said:
    Don't blame GameSalad for that, blame Murphy. ;)

Ain't that the truth.

Now tossing it onto my Mini with Yosemite. Gonna toss some old projects at it tonight and maybe build some stuff in it over the weekend.

Man you know what I'd love? is a screen record with alpha. I know I know....

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@pHghost we fixed that today should be in the build tomorrow.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    pHghost we fixed that today should be in the build tomorrow.

Woo, perfect!

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263
    edited April 2015

So I'm getting this error when trying to submit my app with 0.13.11 - "this package does not contain an info.plist." Anyone know what this might mean?!

Edit: made an error on my behalf! All resolved :expressionless:

• PotatoesAppsPotatoesApps Member Posts: 53

I have the a crash, after a first preview, every time I try to move one actor from one layer to another.

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

i have crash when trying to import images, and when try to delete an image it delete the image next to it .. ( a bug that has been fixed in the past ), sometimes when u import an image u can not see it and u import it again and it tells u that the image is already there do u wanna replace or rename ( that leads to duplicate the images and increasing teh file size) if u go to the content folders u can see the duplicate images but not in the gamesalad game viewer tab..

• mc99093mc99093 Member, PRO Posts: 133

@PotatoesApps

Known Issues:

Copy Table behavior does not copy over row and column names. The workaround is to reference the actual row and column numbers instead of the name.

Changing table column type removes the column header

** Creator may crash when moving an actor from one layer to another.**

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

First, great job on the release! The performance improvements are very noticeable and creator is once again a pleasure to work with.

Second, occasionally when playing a project in the preview window, the window is cropped to a small square, about 100x100px's. See attached. I'll submit a bug report as well.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@marcgreiff said:
    First, great job on the release! The performance improvements are very noticeable and creator is once again a pleasure to work with.

Second, occasionally when playing a project in the preview window, the window is cropped to a small square, about 100x100px's. See attached. I'll submit a bug report as well.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Thats a old bug just hit reset.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@marcgreiff This has happened to me a few times way before this release. I remember seeing this bug almost a year ago.

I think there was a discussion about this somewhere on the forums.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• TitanFuryTitanFury Member Posts: 55

Works flawlessly for me! Why can't this release candidate be made into a stable release so we can actually publish using 0.13.11?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited May 2015

@TitanHimself see current ARC bug list. Also you can publish with the RC.

@TitanHimself said:
    Works flawlessly for me!

Then you can use it to publish! The reason it is RC and not stable is because there are known bugs that need ironing out. If none of the bugs affect your project, publishing with an RC and stable build is exactly the same thing.