Release Candidate 0.13.12 Mac ARC with performance improvements

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited May 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Release Candidate 0.13.12

Fixes:

• Fixed Copy Table behavior not copying over row and column names.

• Fixed changing Table column type causing the column header to be removed

• Fixed Table Boolean values not changing if they're on the first row.

• Fixed a crash that may occur when loading a project while an Android device is plugged in via USB

Known Issues:

• Changing Table column type will remove all data in that column.

• Opening a project may still cause creator to crash (different crash than ADB thread).

• Creator will sometimes crash when moving an actor from one layer to another.

• Logging into Creator from the Dashboard may cause a crash.

• The Animate behavior will currently not show its images until you back out of the Actor and re-open it.

Includes all the fixes and features from 0.13.11 RC

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

Get The Build Now

or

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS Thanks for the update :) , Eagerly waiting for Stable release and .14 RC with new render engine and admob .

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Wohoo!

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Great job guys! Getting better and better every week :smile:

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank You! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Great! My project 'magically' works again!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the next stable release is 0.13.13? Anyone taking bets?

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@PhilipCC said:
    Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the next stable release is 0.13.13? Anyone taking bets?

I bet it is going to 0.2005387.47380

• basonliewbasonliew Member, PRO Posts: 5

Hi, the actor overlapping another actor during acceleration and crash GS still occurs from 13.10 till now, is anyone having this issue?

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

That was pretty snappy. Will have to update to this one.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

I upgraded to 10.10.3 Yosemite a few days ago and I am noticing a lot more crashes with Creator 13.12. I am not sure if it is because I updated the OS or if it is because of 13.12. Anyone else with this issue? 13.11 and 13.10 were much more stable for me when I was running on the previous version of Yosemite though.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited May 2015

@viking have you file bugs on the crashes?
    I am down to about 3 or so bugs before a stable build. So if you are getting crashes i don't know about please submit a bug so i can fix them before the stable build.

Here is what left to fix besides some memory leaks.

If there are any bugs that are not on this list that are related to the ARC change of please let me know.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Added a couple more for you :D Enjoy! :D

• Chr0nosChr0nos Wondering Vagabond AustraliaMember Posts: 113

I just updated to this and its amazing! So fast!
    But it says its not for production down the bottom. What happens if you produce a game in it now? Are you likely to run into trouble?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Chr0nos said:
    But it says its not for production down the bottom. What happens if you produce a game in it now? Are you likely to run into trouble?

No.

@BlackCloakGS here is the crash log. Let me know if you have any problems looking at it.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Chr0nos said:
    I just updated to this and its amazing! So fast!

As long as you test your game on a device and it runs as you would expect, you are fine to publish a build. but make sure you do some extensive testing!

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited May 2015

@viking the crash log does not have enougth info for me to make a fix can you open an bug here and please put any information you might have for steps to reproduce. Thanks

@BlackCloakGS I didn't find a way to reproduce these crashes. I will keep looking, but they seem almost random. I just noticed because Creator was almost never crashing on my MacBook Pro until this latest version.

• TomvnTomvn Member Posts: 47

hello can gamesalad handle a game up to 70MB, my game 58MB it crash when loading to another scene.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@Tomvn said:
    hello can gamesalad handle a game up to 70MB, my game 58MB it crash when loading to another scene.

The file size should not affect the game performance. There is probably something else causing the crash.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• TomvnTomvn Member Posts: 47

@NipaDidIt said:

ok Thank you.