Yes, this does look weird

SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

Hello all,

This morning I was wondering does this look weird? And should I change it? Please tell me what you think it is and if you like it.

Comments

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

Haven't the foggiest.
    Zoomed it down and it looks like a dog in a mortar board hat to me.
    Then again my eyes ain't what they used to be. :D

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

I feel It's slightly out of context. Tell us what it's suppose to be and we'll tell you if it looks weird...

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797
    edited May 2015

:lol: lol Okay. Thanks for responding @ogreofwart and @JimmyMesser . I am definitely going to change it. It is supposed to be a bad guy boss. LOL A DOG!!!

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

Really, zoom it right down and you'll see what I mean. The cross is its nose ;)

@jdlcrater said:
    :lol: lol Okay. Thanks for responding ogreofwart and JimmyMesser . I am definitely going to change it. It is supposed to be a bad guy boss. LOL A DOG!!!

@jdlcrater said:

try sketching a concept out then ask your self "is this big enough?" And add to it until it's right then convert it to pixel art.

I find that bosses are huge monsters that seem impossible to pass. Bare that inind when sketching.

OH MAN! You are right @ogreofwart! :lol:

What exactly are you trying depict?

edited May 2015

@ogreofwart It is supposed to be a boss guy with a cannon on his head

@FallingBoxStudios is doing 1 free pix art for forum members at the mo until the 15th.
    Might be worth asking him :)

I wanted him to be ratty and disgusting looking. But looks like I'm going to go make him cool instead of a... dog with mortar hat!

@ogreofwart said:
    FallingBoxStudios is doing 1 free pix art for forum members at the mo until the 15th.
    Might be worth asking him :)

Nah, I like to do most of my own stuff. PLUS, it is a great learning experience. I will be back later with what I have come up with. Thanks for now!

looking forward to seeing it :) No dogs this time though :D

OH MAN! Now I have to maneuver my game mechanics around! That stinks. But better than having to kill a dog boss.

edited May 2015

Just sketched this on the train feel free to use it.

I don't know you could have made it into a "hellhound" >:)

edited May 2015

That is pretty cool @JiimmyMesser. But I am working on one right now. Mine looks a lot better than before(to me, will post it in a few). Thanks though

20 seconds of my life down the drain lol

I'm not saying mine is better than yours! Please do not take it as that! I am saying the one I am working on is better than the one up at the top.

Haha I was joking :)

edited May 2015

@JimmyMesser You are a great artist! Wow! Looks like that thing is real!

@JimmyMesser that would look good with vivid yellow highlights with red/pink body and organic looking green cannon.

Haha, those 20 seconds and ALL that ink!

Lol maybe I'll Pixel it up.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@jdlcrater don't be afraid to create weird stuff, thats the greatest thing we have as indie's:)

@Approw I know, but I was reading a book on design, and it said as indies we usually create what we want. BUT, is it what the general public wants? So that is why I asked. And I was told I have a dog for a boss :lol: So yes, somethings are acceptable as weird but that dog with a cannon head? Nah, it just looked funny

Okay @Approw, @ogreofwart, and @JimmyMesser. Here is what I have come up with. Look better? Or like Exterminator?

Nasty!! in the right sense of course :+1:

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's a snail on wheels with a bazooka strapped to its shell.

Did I win?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@jdlcrater Well, it really depends. one persons says it looks like a dog, I say it looks like a strange robot, why not just refining your first design? the second one looks forced to be a cool character, so I stick with the first one;) however, I have no clue what your game is about, so maybe the second one fits better:)