Mac Stable Release 0.13.14 Performance Improvements

Comments

• IndigochickenIndigochicken Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2015

I will look into my router settings. Is there a way to alter the viewer to meet my network requirement setups (For internal security purposes)?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

If you are having issues you will have to change settings in the router.

hmm. I suppose I just won't use the viewer then. I'm not going to rebuild a mainframe of 6 servers to allow a viewer to work. I'll see what I can do within xcode with the viewer build

I fixed the issue. Shut down the SBS and the viewer is purring like a kitten.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@jamie_c said:
    Is this version 'compatible' with the latest Windows update? Can files be shared back and forth again?

I can confirm that I have built a project using a MAC 0.12.20 (still not made the move to 0.13 yet!) and it works fine on a PC running 0.13.14.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited May 2015

@scottharrrules43 said:
    Edit: woops, now it can be veiwed.

Do I see graphene in this video? Why am I seeing it in this thread....why is no one saying anything about it? Am I crazy?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • sebmat86sebmat86 Member Posts: 339

Yepp. Been crashing now and then. Otherwise, the speed is great!

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@lycettebros said:

It's not Graphene. It's a website called parse which has the same colours as Graphene.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Certainly faster. It did just crash on me when scrolling through images within the image library.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS same here crashing ,when scrolling through images within the image library,but not always...and if i scrolling fast ,more chances of crashing.

Ok submit a bug with us along with crash logs and a video showing the crash. I will work on fixing it this week. The video helps QA reproduce it since it only happened some times.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Two issues I've noticed:

1) Crashes ALOT when choosing a keyboard key with the receives key condition in a rule.

2) The animate behavior display (in the rule) is messed up. It disappears visually but is still there. It's mostly annoying since sometimes I have to remove the animate behavior and then drag a new one in to edit the animation.

• Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194

I'm having trouble installing the new ios viewer for the update. I keep getting the error: Unable to find a team with the given Team ID '2G99HQ7LZZ' to which you belong. Please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
    https://developer.apple.com/support

however the last IOS viewer still installs without a hitch, am i doing something wrong?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Cee3pee0 said:
    I'm having trouble installing the new ios viewer for the update. I keep getting the error: Unable to find a team with the given Team ID '2G99HQ7LZZ' to which you belong. Please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
    https://developer.apple.com/support

however the last IOS viewer still installs without a hitch, am i doing something wrong?

I had the same problem trying to install it last night. I had to roll back to an earlier version that I already had the viewer installed on to test my game.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@BlackCloakGS

I think overall this build is amazing! It's so much nicer to work with - however, there are still a few things that seem a little off. One and perhaps the most noticeable for me is how long it takes for preview to finish loading and begin to display my game. My game file is under 50MB and it takes anywhere from 7-10 seconds to finish loading. I am experiencing some crashes, but probably only 2 or 3 since updating. The crashes seem random - I wasn't doing any particular action when Creator crashed.

edited June 2015

I need crash reports and videos of crashes. I have two crash fixes coming in a RC that should be out soon past that i have not gotten any more crash bugs for the community. So if there a things that need fixing please submit a bug so i can fix it. I am glad to here that every one likes the performance of this build. I am not sure why the preview is taking so long.

• Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206

First time I been up today with the software and these are my results. Normally I wait a month or two before updating but this one had been worked on for a while.

Sometimes these occur: Crashes when import images, Crashes when select images for Animation behaviour. Crashes every 5 - 10 minutes in general. Crashes when I hit preview every 10 - 12 time. Sometimes crashes when I open a second project at the same time.

However as much as I want to help improve, I did not pay money to do work on a, stable build. I simply do not have the time to record or report things. All the best getting these fixes sorted.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@BlackCloakGS does any of the two crash fixes include the "hover the mouse pointer above the rules" crash? It happens quite often.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Worth mentioning that I'm running Mavericks and not Yosemite.

@viking nope i need a video and a crash log to fix the bug. No one here at GameSalad can reproduce it.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited June 2015

I've submitted anything I found that I can reliably identify or reproduce, but there are some crashes that happen and I'm really not sure what caused it. I think one has to do with copying and pasting expressions, but it's hard to really pin down. I don't record while I work, so I never have videos of the crashes, and it doesn't happen very often and I can't specifically reproduce it. Frustrating :D

I have noticed that when adding an attribute to a condition it doesn't always bring up the = part, but adding and removing a second condition fixes that.

Overall great upgrade though and a pleasure to work with. Anyone still clinging on to 0.12.20 is mad :D It's been years since I've used a version of GameSalad as fast and stable as this one.

• Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194
    edited June 2015

nevermind got it

@viking we tried again to reproduce you crash and no luck you are going to have to get us a video of you crashing GameSalad. Otherwise we can't fix this bug.

@BlackCloakGS I have a video of the crash and the three minutes leading up to it. It is 260Mb though... How do you want me to upload it?

drop box or something like that and send me a link

Just sent you the link to the crash video and the crash log. Hope you will find it useful.

• Nate_SNate_S Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer Member Posts: 86

Wow great job!

**Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer **

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

table's boolean is Abnormal,
    if i set boolean is false,