Mac Stable Release 0.13.14 Performance Improvements

124»

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Can you file a bug with us with more detailed steps?

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

table's boolean should show "false" or "true",
    but show "0" or "1".

There are any way let me use old version creator?
    this table boolean bug destroy my project :'(

maybe I can change all table's "boolean" to "integer",
    but it's very tiresome work,
    I have to modify all rule.
    It ruined my whole year's work. :'(

Is it possible released a new version fix this problem?
    If not,I have to spend a whole day to change rule,
    Although It works fine in older versions.
    But I have no time stopped.I have to work hard ... :'(

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited June 2015

@kirafu said:
    table's boolean is Abnormal,
    if i set boolean is false,

That is correct. A boolean is a value or either 0 (false), 1(true). They are interchangeable ways of displaying the boolean value.

?Edit:
    Oh wierd, it's actually breaking the rules?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited June 2015

@kirafu said:
    table's boolean should show "false" or "true",
    but show "0" or "1".

In GameSalad, true/false and 1/0 are essentially interchangeable. You can make a boolean and, for example, say "Change attribute game.boolean to 1" and that will set it to true. In the background, that's all a boolean really is - 0 if false and 1 if true. You shouldn't need to change any behaviours, it should just accept things.

I assume you are having problems because you used "Text expression tableCellValue() is true" rather than "Numeric expression tableCellValue() is 1" etc.? If so, then this bug must indeed be very annoying! Your best fix in while waiting for GameSalad to sort out the lack of 1 to true in tables is just to change your conditions to numeric expressions. If there are too many, be sure a bug report is submitted and wait for 0.13.15 I guess :(

yes,I use "Text expression tableCellValue() is true",
    It works fine in older versions.
    but 13.4 is not :'(

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

You can download older versions here:
    http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

I'd suggest you always keep older versions of the installer. And do some thorough tests before committing to a new version of Creator.

I usually stick with a version for about 6 - 12 months, because that's about how often a truly stable version seems to come out, without any annoying or major problems.

• Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206

Can confirm that Creator crashes every 4-5 mins. Not Stable. Always when I have been adding in a Rule.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited June 2015

I'm having repeated crashes when selecting an attribute in the Attribute Browser -- not in the Expression Editor, funnily, but when using the Attribute Browser in its own window, for example in the first space in a Change Attribute action.

How to reproduce:

a) Create new project.
    b) Create an actor.
    c) Create a Change Attribute action.
    d) Attempt to select an attribute in the Attribute Browser by double-clicking it (this can be any preset attribute, like Camera Origin X, or a user-made attribute).
    e) Watch GameSalad crash (this won't happen 100% of times, but quite often, at least 30-50% of times), losing all unsaved work in the process.

Submitting it as a bug. Can anyone try to reproduce this on their side and confirm the bug?

edited June 2015

@Hymloe thanks,I changed back to using 0.13.7,now is ok.
    really really thank you.

@pHghost here is a bug for that issue you found. Thank you for providing steps.

edited June 2015

I was able to reproduce this and am fixing now

Fix since to QA

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Worth mentioning that I'm running Mavericks and not Yosemite.

@BlackCloakGS Could some of these bugs and crashes be related to incompatibilities with Yosemite or bugs in Yosemite?

Yosemite is a memory hog compared to Mavericks. Just running GameSalad 13.14 by itself with Yosemite 10.10.3 uses up 5.65GB RAM.

If some people have 8GB RAM or less, and have a few more things open like Mail, Safari and PhotoShop all at the same time, it could be a problem.

I don't have much choice because I upgraded to a Retina iMac so I can only use Yosemite. My partner now has the older iMac with Mavericks on it!