Mac Stable Release 0.13.20

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Mac Stable Release 0.13.20

Fixes:

• Fixed boolean table values incorrectly displaying as numbers

• Fixed a crash that could occur when hovering over an attribute name

• Fixed expressions and attributes displaying the wrong text when hovering over them

Contains all the fixes from 0.13.19

Get the build now

Comments

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
    edited June 2015

Nice progress.

when hibernate it can be like the second pic, have read a thread about it but cant find it again....is this fixed

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Great stuff! Really pushing close to a bug free release! Honestly can't remember the last time GameSalad was this fast or this stable.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS thanku so much for fast fixes and updates...

edited June 2015

@BlackCloakGS Still having the

Unable to find a team with the given Team ID '2G99HQ7LZZ' to which you belong. Please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
    https://developer.apple.com/support

problem with the viewer for this build. I can build other projects, and put ad hoc games on my phone no problem, but the Viewer just won't build. Redid all my certificates, but since I'm not the only one getting that exact team ID quoted, it makes me wonder if it's not my end. Hopefully it is though so I can fix it nice and quick!

Edit: Okay, I fixed it. I changed the Team under Identity in Xcode. Never had to do that before to install a Viewer.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

I don't want to be "that guy" but since I've updated to 0.13.20, Gamesalad continues to crash unexpectedly.

I'd say, it crashed about 7 to 8 times, within the past 2 hours... :'(

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

I was overjoyed when I saw this announcement, but then I read this:

@As Of Latte said:
    I don't want to be "that guy" but since I've updated to 0.13.20, Gamesalad continues to crash unexpectedly.

I'd say, it crashed about 7 to 8 times, within the past 2 hours... :'(

Please tell me it's not true. :'( or that you are using a PowerPC!

Are you using Yosemite 10.10.3?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@As Of Latte did you submit the crash through bugsplat?

• teamdklteamdkl Member Posts: 12

Hi Guys, very disappointed in the last 2 builds, 0.13.19 and 0.13.20 for Mac. Submitted the crash logs when prompted, back on 0.13.14 now. This was my first GS project and really not feeling good about my choice. Hope it gets better soon.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited June 2015

Nice job!

There is a crash bug that´s been in at least a few of the latest builds. I already explained this through bugsplat, but i´ll put it here too.

GS crashes when using Command + Z to undo in the scene editor. (Also happens through edit -> undo).

Easy to replicate:
    -Create a new project.
    -Create a new actor and put a few instances of it in a scene.
    -Move the actors around in the scene a few times.
    -Start hitting Command + Z to undo the moves.
    -Crash.

@BlackCloakGS

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

OK will look at it tomorrow

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

Awesome! thanks for the rapid fixes

• brockparksbrockparks Member, PRO Posts: 6
    edited June 2015

Hi; with this update, a key attribute in my game no longer updates on any event. It's simply a real attribute, called "KEY", that changes/increments when events happen - i.e. my spaceship overlaps another actor, changes the key, which activates the next event in a sequence. Since the new update, nothing seems to be able to make the change happen. For example, I created a timer to increment the value every 2 seconds, but no change. I created a new project, and can confirm that it works in the new file, and in my original project, I created a NEW version of the KEY attribute (KEYZ), and tried incrementing that, and that works... Any ideas?

My mistake - I went back through older versions, and the error was on my side :) Sorry!

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

@BlackCloakGS does this contain a fix for the change image behaviour not working when you publish to html 5 (arcade) or was I two late getting my bug report in?

(site currently under construction)
  • vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

When deleting an image from the library, another image gets deleted instead of the one selected. I think that's a new one for this build.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@vafurlogi said:
    When deleting an image from the library, another image gets deleted instead of the one selected. I think that's a new one for this build.

That's always been an issue.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Socks said:
    That's always been an issue.

Yup, it's been with GS as long as I can remember.

When needing to delete images: save project, restart GS. In that situation I've never had this happen. But I never delete images if GS has been running for a while.

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

@pHghost @Socks Really ? because this doesn't happen in my projects (GameSalad mac 0.13.14) or is it an intermittent thing

(site currently under construction)
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Bowhill Games said:
    or is it an intermittent thing

Yup.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

I am using a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.3.

I also did the same thing as @teamdkl and switched back over to 0.13.14. That version seems to be more stable for me.

As for bug reports, I was unsure as what to enter because it was so unexpected :( .

@BlackCloakGS I did notice several crashes while switching from different scenes to edit... Hope this helps a little :/

I must be being so lucky with these latest releases. Not a single crash yet with 0.13.20.

Ok I am looking at the bug splat reports today. We may need some video or more details steps. QA is having a hard time reproducing many of these crashes.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Bowhill Games said:
    pHghost Socks Really ? because this doesn't happen in my projects (GameSalad mac 0.13.14) or is it an intermittent thing

It's intermittent, it's more common when you are attempting to delete multiple images at once - but it's common enough even with single images for @pHghost's advice to be standard practice for me, before importing and deleting I always Save As, it's not much use just saving (rather than Save As) because the just saved project can still be effected by what happens to the image assets after you've save it.

GameSalad has been like this for at least 5 years, also importing images can often be buggy, with images being added but not showing up in the image assets window - you know they are added because attempts to add them again ask if you want to write over what is already there. Quitting and restarting normally fixes the issue.

edited June 2015

@Socks said:
    Lots of very true stuff.

Now the ARC changes are done, and once the crashes are fixed (really not many left), I think the Image browser should be where @BlackCloakGS next focuses his energies. The images not showing/deleting wrong image bugs are exceedingly long-standing and very annoying :D

I fixed the set screen shot bug today. I will be fixing the undo crash tomorrow. Thank you every one for sending in the crash report through bugsplat its a big help.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS what about importing images and deleting images problem bug ?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Bowhill Games, @pHghost and @Socks ...et al.

When I want to consolidate a project and eliminate some of the clutter just before publishing, I trawl through the library making a note of everything that needs to be removed, then I Save As, quit GS, then open the project file's Package Contents and delete all the redundant images, music and sounds at the Finder level. Of course, open the new file an test that all works correctly before publishing.

@BlackClaockGS It would be nice if deleting images worked as it should. :)

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

@freneticz yes this always happens as you described. Google Playstore reviewers have also alerted me on this. But there's nothing we can do about it.

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158

@PhilipCC said:
    then I Save As, quit GS, then open the project file's Package Contents and delete all the redundant images, music and sounds at the Finder level.

Doing that deletes the files but you will still have references to them in the xml-files that gs produce which may or may not become a problem for your app now or in the future.

The undo crash effects more people so that is what i am working on next.

Undo crash fixed we will be putting out a new build today with the fix.