Mac Stable Release 0.13.26

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited June 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Mac Stable Release 0.13.26

Features:

• New pricing plan:
  • Free Trial: fully-featured, limited time use.
  • Basic: web publishing only
  • Pro: publish to all devices
  • All plans support GameSalad Viewer use. All behaviors are available to all users.

Fixes:

• Peter was bad with money, so we fired him.

Contains all the fixes from 0.13.24

Get the build now

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@BlackCloakGS have you been getting lots of bugsplat reports of the creator crashing? I've been using it pretty heavily over the past few days pushing out updates to a lot of my legacy apps. I'm seeing random crashes every day, and most of the time it tells me it's been fixed in 0.13.22.

Most of the crashes are coming when entering a scene, or clicking on the expression editor. I would say a good portion of the time i have multiple projects open at once, sometimes 3 or 4.

Side note, I've noticed that having screenshots assigned to each scene slows down the opening of the scene dropdown. I have a project with 100+ scenes in it, in one copy of the project I have no screenshots, in another I have one for every scene, and the difference is very noticeable, almost instant vs 30-40 seconds.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

This week now that this big release is out. We will be focusing on squashing as many mac bugs as we can. I take a look at bug spalt ever day.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@jonmulcahy said:
    BlackCloakGS have you been getting lots of bugsplat reports of the creator crashing? I've been using it pretty heavily over the past few days pushing out updates to a lot of my legacy apps. I'm seeing random crashes every day, and most of the time it tells me it's been fixed in 0.13.22.

Most of the crashes are coming when entering a scene, or clicking on the expression editor. I would say a good portion of the time i have multiple projects open at once, sometimes 3 or 4.

Side note, I've noticed that having screenshots assigned to each scene slows down the opening of the scene dropdown. I have a project with 100+ scenes in it, in one copy of the project I have no screenshots, in another I have one for every scene, and the difference is very noticeable, almost instant vs 30-40 seconds.

+1 on all of these points.

Although I most often see a crash when importing images (still see in expressions too), and it can be days before a crash. But same bugsplat page saying it's fixed.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

Yep the image import is the first one on the list to fix.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Yep the image import is the first one on the list to fix.

Awesome, thanks!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Are these new plans still a 1 year commitment?

edited June 2015

There are no more 1 year commitments for monthly plans.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

You can now go month-to-month, but if you cancel your subscription, you will no longer be able to use the tool.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

@BlackCloakGS said:
    There are no more 1 year commitments for monthly plans.

Interesting change then! Very interested to see what the response to this is! Will definitely make things cheaper for a good few people, more expensive for a few.

I guess if we assume you'd finish a game and publish it to iOS, purchasing Pro to remove the ads and include IAP (which most people seem to), it makes things cheaper for you.

It appears only those people who would make a game and publish it to iOS without buying Pro to remove the ads will end up paying more.

see this post for more information on new plans and pricing

• WebWarriorWebWarrior Member, PRO Posts: 62

@Armelline said:
    Interesting change then! Very interested to see what the response to this is! Will definitely make things cheaper for a good few people, more expensive for a few.

Yes, the math certainly works out well for PRO users!

One quick correction: There's no more mandatory ads now; iOS publishing is just PRO-only.

@WebWarrior said:
    One quick correction: There's no more mandatory ads now; iOS publishing is just PRO-only.

Sorry I wasn't entirely clear there - the people who accepted those ads are the only ones really losing out here. Wasn't suggesting there still are ads (though really glad there aren't :D)

I'm all in favour of this change!

• revelmo2revelmo2 Member Posts: 3

@dgackey said:
    You can now go month-to-month, but if you cancel your subscription, you will no longer be able to use the tool.

That doesn't mean permanently, does it ? For example, if you're a pro member and you miss paying for a month or two, can you start paying again and still use Gamesalad Pro? Just want to make sure I'm clear on this.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@revelmo2 said:
    That doesn't mean permanently, does it ? For example, if you're a pro member and you miss paying for a month or two, can you start paying again and still use Gamesalad Pro? Just want to make sure I'm clear on this.

You can absolutely continue using the product if you renew.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• WebWarriorWebWarrior Member, PRO Posts: 62

@revelmo2 said:

No, you won't be banned for canceling your subscription. :smile: Pay for the months you need!

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@revelmo2 said:

Yes, that is correct.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited July 2015

This is something I noticed. It might have been mentioned before but in case it hasn't here it is. The green preview button is greyed out when you double click on a project file to open it. After Creator authentication it will turn green but sometimes it doesn't. You have to close the project file then start it up again. If you start Creator first then open a project file this does not happen as Creator has already authenticated you. This is not a big deal but I thought I should let you know. Cheers and thanks for the great work.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@CodeWizard when that free trial period starts...i mean after update to Mac Stable Release 0.13.26 . or is it already started

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@NimbleBug said:
    CodeWizard when that free trial period starts...i mean after update to Mac Stable Release 0.13.26 . or is it already started

I'd like to know this too. I won't update if so. I'm not intending to sign up to any plan (if at all) until after my holiday in August so would be gutted if I lose access before then >.< I think I have 13.23 installed still.

• itachi23itachi23 Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2015

hope peter will get a better job

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@KevinCross said:
    I'd like to know this too. I won't update if so. I'm not intending to sign up to any plan (if at all) until after my holiday in August so would be gutted if I lose access before then >.< I think I have 13.23 installed still.

Someone from the GS staff answered this question in the state of gamesalad thread, it started when you first opened up GS.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@KevinCross said:

Unfortunately I think you might find you have to update. I was just forced to go 13.26 from 13.24 as GS would not let me sign in otherwise. This was about an hour ago and I already seem to be down to 14 days !! No worries... what will be etc :) but sorry if this messes with your plans Kevin

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

@BlackCloakGS the creator seems to crash if I let it sit running on my computer. For example if I launch GS and load a file then get up to do something when I come back to my computer GS has crashed.

Odd thing is it seems to work fine as long as I keep working.

I've submitted crash reports for both times it has happened.

@BlackCloakGS small update... I restarted my system and it still happens. The trigger seems to be when I press the "Preview" button then exit back into the creator and walk away. 3-5mins later it crashes.

I think I know what is happening. I put a fix to QA today.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    I think I know what is happening. I put a fix to QA today.

Very cool!

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@BlackCloak

@neoman said:
    This is something I noticed. It might have been mentioned before but in case it hasn't here it is. The green preview button is greyed out when you double click on a project file to open it. After Creator authentication it will turn green but sometimes it doesn't. You have to close the project file then start it up again. If you start Creator first then open a project file this does not happen as Creator has already authenticated you. This is not a big deal but I thought I should let you know. Cheers and thanks for the great work.

Is there a reason this bug/comment keeps getting ignored @BlackCloak ? I've posted and tagged you asking this question and so has @Lovejoy and now I see @neoman asking the same question and and 3 times/threads you have skipped past the question (hopefully unintentionally) yet still answered someone in the same thread so it seems like it's being ignored.

The preview button fails sometimes and greys out. The only way to preview when this happens is to navigate to another part of creator and hope it's not greyed out (which normally solves it). Are you aware/fixing this bug?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

The best way to bring repeatable issues to our attention is to create a bug for them in the bug database.

@GeorgeGS said:
    The best way to bring repeatable issues to our attention is to create a bug for them in the bug database.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1186 cough ;)

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

It's on the list, we've obviously been a little busy in the last week.