game does not load on android

When I test my game on my samsung galaxy s5, the game doesn't load. But when I test my game out on my iPod Touch 4th generation the game loads. How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited July 2015

Does the app crash, or just takes a long time to load? In previous versions, if a level had actors with tiled isntead of stretch attribute, it would crash. I'm gonna test later tonight to see if this is still true.

Does it take a long time to load? Try tapping the screen to keep the device from falling asleep. My game meant for Fire TV takes 45 seconds to load on a smartphone, so I have to tap the screen to keep it from sleeping.

EDIT: Nevermind, it must have been a crash then, because the game progress stays saved even if the device falls asleep on android, never seen that before, going to test the tile thing now.

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

@Franto said:
    Does the app crash, or just takes a long time to load? In previous versions, if a level had actors with tiled isntead of stretch attribute, it would crash. I'm gonna test later tonight to see if this is still true.

Does it take a long time to load? Try tapping the screen to keep the device from falling asleep. My game meant for Fire TV takes 45 seconds to load on a smartphone, so I have to tap the screen to keep it from sleeping.

Did you know you can change the sleeping time to a longer interval? On The Google Nexus 5, it's under settings/Display/Sleep, it might be under something similar on your smartphone.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

No I didn't, I've only owned a smartphone for 3 months, despite the fact that I've been developing this game for 1 year 8 months.{And back then, I had a flipphone}.

It looks like tiled actors still cause a crash. But I don't know if this it he posters prob in his game. I don't know of anything else that causes a crash in android, but a few other users may know

• http_gamesaladhttp_gamesalad Member Posts: 1,340

@franto & @tintran here is what I have set up. It's just me telling it to load all the saved attributes & changing the scene in 0.5 secondsImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Is your Android device connected to the internet? Mine won't load on iOS or Android if networking is off.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

I also has problem with Android and to get the game to start , i had a custom loading image (a black img) and then a splashscreen with a timer to go to menu.
    But its got stucked at splash often, but when i remove the custom loading image its worked ....... you then got "powered by gamesalad" for .2sec and then splash which is not so fun......please remove the text "powered by gamesalad"
    And that was a game with tiled actors so that can be the problem then.

• dapiondapion Member, PRO Posts: 353

Hi,
    I started this thread here two weeks ago.
    I have the same problem. On devices, Samsung S4, S5 and touch my app does not start.
    I have started a Suport ticket and had contact with Alexandra from GS. Unfortunately, we could not solve this problem until today.
    Alexandra told me to use "logcat" to find the issue, but I have at home only a Samsung S3 for testing and on this the app runs perfectly.

It seems like I'm not the only one with this problem...
    @BlackCloakGS
    Can you help?
    Is this problem known to you?

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88360/android-crashes-in-startscene-on-some-devices-s4-s5-note#latest

Daniel

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

This might be the issue:
    bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275

Although like @freneticz mentioned, it might be the custom loading image that Is causing it.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

Yes, but i have tested my project over 4 month, started in february, with 6 tester on Android.
    In this time I work with the RC Version 13.17...and all fine.

edited August 2015

For me the problem was having RevMob checked when publishing and not having network connectivity or location permissions granted. Are you using RevMob? And if so, is there anything blocking your network connectivity or location data from being sent in your settings or are you behind a firewall? The network connectivity affected both Android and iOS for me while I have yet to test the location data for Android.

edited August 2015

No RevMob or other iAds are integrated in the app.
    In the Start Screen is only a background...when touch is pressed the scene changes to the menu. But here is the issue...you can touch and nothing happens.
    Only on Android, iOS works perfectly!

try it...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dapion.wulfrath

I see.. so it is not that the game doesn't load, it is that on Android your rule doesn't behave the same as on iOS.

Do you have an actor that you are touching or just the screen itself? To touch anywhere on the screen itself I have used if game.touches.Count > 0 and that seems to work on both iOS and Android.

Yes, it´s the same rule on iOS and Android. (Only one project)
    The actor is my background...if pressed, change scene.

Ok, i forgot...if the start screen is load a timer is working.
    After 1 second a small Info (Display Text) Behaviour is interpolate to the middle of the screen. On Android the Text doesn´t interpolate...the app ist still not working.
    Here is the iOS Version on iTunes...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wulfrath-meine-stadt-der-cityguide/id1022952264?mt=8

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

I've also had apps crashing on load-up recently, specifically on Galaxy S6 if that's any help.

And what do you do?
    My tester have this problem on Galaxy S4 and S5...