Help with graphics and images

2»

Comments

• Triangularity GamesTriangularity Games Founder/Owner MarylandMember Posts: 140

@Socks said:
    I'm not sure how you are using the word 'distort' in this context it could mean many things.

Thank you. I'm just too inexperienced to know exactly what im doing, so im trying new things and asking a lot of questions. I'm just too much of a perfectionist, so I feel my graphics don't live up to the player's standards (but they do :wink: ) again, thank you all so much for the help and support!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@stephenriska123 said:
    Thank you. I'm just too inexperienced to know exactly what im doing, so im trying new things and asking a lot of questions.

The process is actually very simple, I think you might be complicating it a little.

A Retina iPad screen is 2048 x 1536.

A GameSalad iPad project for a Retina iPad is 1024 x 768 (this relates the number of 'touch points' on the iPad Retina's screen).

Therefore if you have a 100 x 100 pixel actor in your GameSalad iPad project, you should (ideally) have a 200 pixel x 200 pixel image.

If you have less 200 x 200 pixels in your image asset the quality will be sub optimal - for example if you have a 150 x 150 pixel image, that image will need to be stretched across 200 x 200 pixels . . . the same is true of a larger image asset, if you have a 300 x 300 pixel image, that image will need to be mapped across 200 x 200 pixels - both will produce interpolation artefacts to varying degrees.

• Triangularity GamesTriangularity Games Founder/Owner MarylandMember Posts: 140

@Socks That makes so much more sense. THANK YOU so much!!!