Mystic Equine Vagabond

13»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Super cool !! :)

• frdfrd Member Posts: 191

@fmakawa @pHghost @Icebox @imjustmike @BigDave @Socks
    Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate them. I think it will be a while yet before the game is really playable again, but I'll post here when there is a working demo. Here's a glimpse of one of the later, unfinished, regions.

Thanks again, it's a big boost!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@frd I played the version that is available on arcade , may i suggest you add a down/up animation.It would make alot of difference , but more work offcourse. Its really nice , wish you the best

Hi @Icebox thanks for checking it out. I'm going to take the old version offline now, as it doesn't feel like a good representation of the game anymore. Back when @pHghost mentioned about the up/down animations I spent a while adding them in, and the new version also has a jump function -

This looks much better now , I hope you release it soon :)

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@frd said:
    I spent a while adding them in, and the new version also has a jump function

Impressed!

Thanks!

Rather than take the old version offline, I've put up the very first build, which was to test the animations and look of the game right back when I started. At the time I wanted it to be a walking game, but looking back it is painfully slow. And it's quite difficult to work out what to do too. There are two other builds in between this one and the one I posted before, but I had a quick play of them and they are very buggy. These older versions seem more serious than the build I have now, but also very dry. The current version has no talking, like this original build, but I am coming up against the same problems with it being confusing for the player to know what to do. At the moment the solution is a glowing aura around the actor which changes colour to suggest how you can interact with the environment, but I suspect I may still have to put in some dialogue to make sure it's clear.

Here's the original build for anyone that's interested.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Don'l lose all the dialog.

With the style and everything, it would work well with some mythical storyline.

Morning,

Here is some gameplay footage from Solstice. This all takes place in the River World. I have four more Worlds to complete, but I need to take a bit of a break again for the moment as work is busy for a few months.

Apologies for the low quality of the video, hopefully you can still get an impression of how the game plays. I am determined to get a crisp video next time!

Still going with this, although I've stripped it down a lot and removed unnecessary levels. Aiming now to get a simplified version of the whole story completed. I've realised that I'm definitely more interested in completing the game as a narrative experience rather than making loads of levels and getting the playing time up.

Here's a shot of a dream space where you talk to oracles.

And a screengrab from the opening sequence

Love the art , looking forward to see a gameplay video !