Designing level is not the same as Preview

tintrantintran Member Posts: 453
edited August 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

check this out, in the designing view of the level the lava looks like it lines up to end where land starts.
but in game play it's completely off as you can see the 2nd lava covers a whole extra chunk of land.
Also if you look at the third piece of land from the left, in design view it has about 7 triangles of green grass but in game play it has more.
I wonder if this is happening on MAC as well or is it just a Windows thing.
When i tested on Android viewer, the lava seem to end where land starts properly but the third piece of land from left still has more than 7 triangles.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited August 2015

Here's how it looks on a Mac. The land piece you mentioned has 10 triangles when previewed, just as it does when editing.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

@tatiang said:
    Here's how it looks on a Mac. The land piece you mentioned has 10 triangles when previewed, just as it does when editing.

Thanks I tried it on HTML preview and the lava doesn't overlap the land but the 3rd piece of land still has more triangles than when editing.
    Do you think I should bug report it?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@tintran said:
    Do you think I should bug report it?

What's interesting to me is that your third piece of land shows seven triangles when editing the scene. But when I edit the same scene on a Mac it shows ten triangles. That leads me to think it's some sort of platform or resolution issue but I'm not really sure. So you might want to report it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited August 2015

@tatiang said:

Okay I'll report it.
    EDIT: http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1287
    I wonder if this bug is related to http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88243/runner-falls-through-platform-near-the-end-windows-users-please-vote-for-reported-bug
    since if the collision is being correct and graphics is showing wider land mass than it should.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

do you have land and lava actors set to movable and collidable and the lava and land are reacting to each other

edited August 2015

@FINNBOGG said:
    do you have land and lava actors set to movable and collidable and the lava and land are reacting to each other

they're all unmovable as if they were to move they would drop when my actor lands on them.

What about layers. Could starting the preview be forcing something to jump a layer. Giving the illusion longer or short actors.

@FINNBOGG said:
    What about layers. Could starting the preview be forcing something to jump a layer. Giving the illusion longer or short actors.

I made sure my actors meet at the edges...so it shouldn't matter which layers they're on if they're displayed correctly they should meet. In fact, i purposely put lava layers on top so i would see this incorrectness sizing.

I am not a GURU like some of the better known guys in here. Im just trying to think of things that has hit me in the past. I would ask "THE" Gamesalad Guru. Ill still refer to him as "THE" Gamesalad Guru.

@The_Guru can you help this fella out?

@FINNBOGG said:
    I am not a GURU like some of the better known guys in here. Im just trying to think of things that has hit me in the past. I would ask "THE" Gamesalad Guru. Ill still refer to him as "THE" Gamesalad Guru.

The_Guru can you help this fella out?

I don't think this needs help other than actually fixing the bug. :D

You are probably right. But it wouldnt hurt to get a more official opinion.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Unfortunately the windows version sucks. They are trying to fix it. But the windows version is also holding back the mac version as they are trying to bring the two in sync feature wise and so they are holding back on adding features to mac.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@The_Guru said:
    Unfortunately the windows version sucks. They are trying to fix it. But the windows version is also holding back the mac version as they are trying to bring the two in sync feature wise and so they are holding back on adding features to mac.

Not exactly true.

Yes, we want to bring the product features into sync, but that requires changes to both. There are areas where Windows Creator has more features than Mac Creator. The main issue is getting the runtime engine used for native preview and on devices in sync between the two products since having it out of sync adds needless complexity when planning releases and fixing bugs.

@GeorgeGS said:
    Yes, we want to bring the product features into sync, but that requires changes to both. There are areas where Windows Creator has more features than Mac Creator. The main issue is getting the runtime engine used for native preview and on devices in sync between the two products since having it out of sync adds needless complexity when planning releases and fixing bugs.

Okay that is a more detailed answer then. all that was said before when a question about a feature was asked was the two we're trying to be brought in sync first. I stand corrected.

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@Lost_Oasis_Games You Sir are a shape shifting, Guru confusing, alter ego defying, groove spinster :)

@tmann said:
    Lost_Oasis_Games You Sir are a shape shifting, Guru confusing, alter ego defying, groove spinster :)

My partner @RP said let's stick to just making our games. This is our game company

edited August 2015

what is a confirmed bug mean? does it mean it's being pushed through the work pipe? :D

EDIT: Never mind found my answer: We are currently working on getting the Preview and Editor matching with Mac Creator so this may get resolved in an upcoming update (if not this week, then next)