edited October 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Mac Release 0.13.41 is available

Fix:

• Fix iOS code signing not working with Xcode 7

Download the build here

Previous Release Notes: https://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator

Comments

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

Awesome, thanks for this quick fix. Apple always making tiny changes. I know its annoying but its some good job security. :p

• Nice work. Also things are running smooth on iOS9 except for one bug that I did not experience (at least not nearly as often) on iOS8. With iOS9 it seems that pretty often when you leave the game then come back in later all the sound effects are off and just music is going. I rarely experienced this on iOS8 but have multiple times in the last two days on iOS9.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank you! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

Tried to do an upload to Apple and got this error immediately during the analysis check, I'll create a ticket if needed.

• PreschooluPreschoolu Member Posts: 52

Can you fix the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities issue which prevents the updating of older apps? We have an app with over 100 ratings and it would be a shame to lose all of those and start over with our gamesalad update.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@Preschoolu I am not familiar with that issue. Have you file a bug with us.

@iamcartez I am looking into the issue. I am still trying to figure out what the error message is referring to.

edited September 2015

@iamcartez what version of application loader are you using?

I think this is an issue with what version of application loader you are using. Make sure you are using version 3.2.

@Preschoolu go a head a file a bug with us and let me know what keys you need in the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities to fix your issue.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    iamcartez what version of application loader are you using?

I think this is an issue with what version of application loader you are using. Make sure you are using version 3.2.

Thats probably the issue, I have 3.1. I'll update and follow up.

@BlackCloakGS Issue resolved! My loader was still 3.1 because I failed to restart the app after my update.

@iamcartez glad to hear that fixed your issue

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Nice work. Also things are running smooth on iOS9 except for one bug that I did not experience (at least not nearly as often) on iOS8. With iOS9 it seems that pretty often when you leave the game then come back in later all the sound effects are off and just music is going. I rarely experienced this on iOS8 but have multiple times in the last two days on iOS9.

+1 This a bug that I experience from time to time as well

Thank You BlackCloakGS. I'm not completely familiar with how it works but according to another IOS developer the problem is created because the plist file gamesalad generates has Required device capabilities 1 item armv7.. The error that pops up when submitting the app on itunes connect it "The app's Info.plist can't contain values for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key that would prevent this app from opening on any iOS device. For more information, see Understanding the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities Key."..

I can also submit a bug report like you suggested.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Nice work. Also things are running smooth on iOS9 except for one bug that I did not experience (at least not nearly as often) on iOS8. With iOS9 it seems that pretty often when you leave the game then come back in later all the sound effects are off and just music is going. I rarely experienced this on iOS8 but have multiple times in the last two days on iOS9.

This has been around for ages, it's always the sound that stops working while the music plays with no issues.

• @Socks said:
    This has been around for ages, it's always the sound that stops working while the music plays with no issues.

Yeah I usually notice it every once in a while testing. But now with iOS9 I am experiencing it all the time

• vernr1vernr1 Member, PRO Posts: 5

We have issues with the viewers being out of sync with windows creator now. I just installed all the new updates, didn't realize until too late :( Windows creator is 13.40. Both Android and iOS viewers are now 13.41.

Just a fix to WinCreator Version number would probly do it?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@vernr1 said:
    We have issues with the viewers being out of sync with windows creator now. I just installed all the new updates, didn't realize until too late :( Windows creator is 13.40. Both Android and iOS viewers are now 13.41.

Just a fix to WinCreator Version number would probly do it?

You can still download the 13.40 viewers here: https://gamesalad.com/download/releases

They are next to the Mac 13.40 release or the Windows 13.40 release farther down.

• vernr1vernr1 Member, PRO Posts: 5

Just what I needed, thanks!

@Preschoolu if it is just adding that one key i can try to do that next week please submit a bug so i don't loose track of the issue.

• een2drieeen2drie Member, PRO Posts: 30

@BlackCloakGS Any news about the "Rejected Mac App Reason 2.31" bug?

• BaDDAppleBaDDApple Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2015

@iamcartez said:
    Issue resolved! My loader was still 3.1 because I failed to restart the app after my update.

Where did you find 3.1. Going to Apple it's still downloading 3.1 for me. Thanks.

I did a system update from the App Store to get the latest Xcode and I think it was wrapped in that download... I had to restart to get 3.2 to load up instead of 3.1.

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

I guess I should have mentioned this awhile ago, but it's just a small annoyance for me. I'm not sure if others are seeing it because I don't think I've seen it posted. The issue is that when mousing over code the mouse pointer icon jitters between the enter text icon and the arrow rapidly. This has been going on for several versions but it has gotten slightly better I suppose. Sorry for not speaking up earlier. Thanks for listening and keep up the great work. :D

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
  • blagdonappsblagdonapps Somerset, EnglandMember, PRO Posts: 37

Is anyone else having problems with the latest version of creator (13.41) crashing when adding new attributes to an (biggish) existing project. Tried with a new project and a fairly small project and no problems, but when i try to add an attribute to the project I am working on, creator just freezes then crashes. Been happening to me all night. Not sure if BugSplat is managing to send bug or not.

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

I've had some crashing and freezing in this version. When it freezes for me I can't do anything but force quit and there's no rainbow beachball or anything the creator just won't respond. These happened after I had worked with it for a bit and either tried to preview or went to save. Also this version has had some random crash issues more so for me than in some previous versions and I'm noticing BugSplat is not opening to report these. Thanks GS dudes, I look forward to the next version! ;)

edited September 2015

Thanks BlackCloakGS.. Yes the bug report has been filed. I'm not sure you need to add a key or remove a key to fix the issue. I think removing the required device capabilities key will handle it yet I don't claim to be an expert on this error.. Looking forward to the next version :smile:

PS: Bug filed is 1404

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited September 2015

google changed download warning limit.

so can we do that too?

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=188

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• RCT_GamesRCT_Games Member, PRO Posts: 97
    edited September 2015

@BlackCloakGS I got a iPad mini 4 and was trying to use the viewer to preview one of my games, but when I have it running along side gamesalad it's not seeing it. They are both running 13.41 and are on the same network. The iPad is on iOS 9 and I'm using the mac creator so not sure if it's a bug or maybe I'm just doing something wrong

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

@onelasttime said:
    google changed download warning limit.

so can we do that too?

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=188

Doesn't look like it yet. I just tried with an APK that was 65MB. Not sure when they plan on switching it over. Can't find any information online about it.