Mac Release 0.13.41 is available

2»

Comments

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@QASalad said:
    Doesn't look like it yet. I just tried with an APK that was 65MB. Not sure when they plan on switching it over. Can't find any information online about it.

There was a conference about GooglePlay in London today. This photo was taken there so I think they update it very soon.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• Spalding004Spalding004 Member, BASIC Posts: 89
    edited September 2015

I'm experiencing a table related bug (also submitting a bug report).

I have an issue where:

If you have a rule, say

If tableCellValue([tableName],X,Y)=[anything]
    THEN
    [do something]
    ELSE
    [do something else]

If X or Y is attribute, the rule will behave as if it is turned off. Occasionally, it will TRY to run correctly, but after a second or two it will crash with no warning and without BugSplatter.

Is this a long-standing issue or is it new?

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

@Spalding004 said:
    I'm experiencing a table related bug (also submitting a bug report).

I have an issue where:

If you have a rule, say

If tableCellValue([tableName],X,Y)=[anything]
    THEN
    [do something]
    ELSE
    [do something else]

If X or Y is attribute, the rule will behave as if it is turned off. Occasionally, it will TRY to run correctly, but after a second or two it will crash with no warning and without BugSplatter.

Is this a long-standing issue or is it new?

Your project had logic errors in it (referring to Bug 1417). You had game.test# set to 0 but it's also used as the row number. Row 0 doesn't exist. Setting it to 1 and having the expression look for 1 makes the actor move.

@onelasttime said:
    There was a conference about GooglePlay in London today. This photo was taken there so I think they update it very soon.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/113469#apk

So it looks like it's based off of API Level you support:

APK file sizes
    APK files have a maximum file size, based on the Android version your APK supports:

100MB - APKs that target Android 4.0 and higher (API level 14 or higher)
    50MB - APKs that target Android 3.2 and lower (API level 13 or lower)

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

According to this data collected on September 7th, 2015:
    https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

The portion of the market that uses API 13 or lower is now less than 4.3%. 14 itself is less than 0.1% of the market.

The majority of android devices now have API 15 or above. API 15 to 22 constitutes 95.7% of all android devices, according to that chart.

Would changing minimum API support allow Gamesalad to do more things on android devices now? {I'm guessing trying to support older devices was holding GS back on the android front, but I'm not a programmer.}

@QASalad said:
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/113469#apk
    So it looks like it's based off of API Level you support:
    APK file sizes
    APK files have a maximum file size, based on the Android version your APK supports:
    100MB - APKs that target Android 4.0 and higher (API level 14 or higher)

Ok! Look's like it works now. I was able to upload a 62mb APK. And it's based off of target API level not Minimum so you should be fine to try it yourself.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited September 2015

This is awesome news regarding Android, and certainly takes the pressure off GameSalad to support the expansion files. (Though that's still wanted!) Here's hoping that extra dev time is being put towards custom fonts :tongue:

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Armelline said:
    This is awesome news regarding Android, and certainly takes the pressure off GameSalad to support the expansion files. (Though that's still wanted!) Here's hoping that extra dev time is being put towards custom fonts :tongue:

yea, 100MB gives us a lot more breathing room!

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@QASalad said:
    Ok! Look's like it works now. I was able to upload a 62mb APK. And it's based off of target API level not Minimum so you should be fine to try it yourself

Tagging @BigDave so he sees this

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
  • BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited September 2015

@Lovejoy SEEN IT LOVED IT
    @iamcartez YES, the stars aligned and the universe served

Cheerio Universe

// Orcs update on the way, probably tomorrow //

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

Been running El Capitan with this creator version since the 29th and I must say it's so much more stable! :D I'm not seeing any of the freezing/crashing issues I mentioned in my last post. The only new thing I see is that when your not in preview mode and your just looking at or working on a scene the images look a bit dull. Now I'm only talking about the images on the actual scene not the ones in the library tab because those look fine. But once you enter preview mode everything looks sharp like it should. Strange problem but it's sorta minor since I've gained great overall creator stability. I can't wait for a OS X 10.11+ optimized release :)

I am curious though, are any of you other early El Capitan users seeing the dull/blurry images on scene? :|

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@QASalad said:
    Ok! Look's like it works now. I was able to upload a 62mb APK. And it's based off of target API level not Minimum so you should be fine to try it yourself.

I'm confused. Where do I set the target API?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@33miles said:
    I am curious though, are any of you other early El Capitan users seeing the dull/blurry images on scene? :|

Haven't noticed any dull images, just the weird canvas bug. Creator also seems to slow down a bit faster than it did on Yosemite, but not really noticed any other El Capitan specific bugs.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

can someone try the show banner behavior on android viewer ? the game crashes on every android device i got , but works well when i remove it , is this a known bug ? or is it not a bug at all ?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478
    edited October 2015

@vafurlogi said:
    I'm confused. Where do I set the target API?

You don't, we do. It's specified when we compile the engine.

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

When are you guys going to fix the undo button?