Windows Creator preview release!

2»

Comments

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

Unless that isn't how to make text on the next line and I'm just derping

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@jdlcrater said:
    There is still a glitch where \n doesn't put the text on the next line. It all just stays on a straight line with \n in between the text

But that isn't a new issue is it? I assume you're using this in a DisplayText?

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@GeorgeGS said:
    But that isn't a new issue is it? I assume you're using this in a DisplayText?

Yes. I use display text for a lot of things and the \n doesn't work

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@josephusvdelaserna@gmail.com FYI, we found and fixed the issue that was locking up the tool regularly. Enjoy!

• GreenHavenGamesGreenHavenGames Member Posts: 62

If I upgrade my current version of GS to this build will it overwrite my current 13.40 build? Is it advisable to work on my current build with this? Will it upgrade properly as new builds come out to the current 13.4+ builds? Will it cause problems if I need to go back to 13.40?

Questions, questions! I am not doing a good job of getting out the core of my question, I hope this makes sense.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@GreenHavenGames Yeah, you're safe to use this version. As a matter of fact all new users are getting this version now. In fact, this new version is more stable and safer than 13.40!

It also auto-updates when you run it. So, you always have the latest. We pushed out some fixes today even. :)

• GreenHavenGamesGreenHavenGames Member Posts: 62

WONDERFUL!

• NicrisNicris Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2015

Great to see the long-awaited freedom from beta! v. 1.0.0 for the win. And finally it's easy again to grab-and-drag the Backstage and Attributes pane since the cursor changes to a double arrow! And the same for Behaviors, but with a move hand! THANK YOU!

However, the 2 main bugs that bog down basic use of GameSalad and cause problems in the lab are still present:

1) The blue highlight that shows when you're dragging a Behavior into an actor still stays visible and clutters up the Backstage, as well as making it very hard to tell where it's going to be dragged to. (http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1072)

2) The expression editor will appear offscreen (seemingly not opening) if the Backstage is on an external monitor. (http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=820)

Will these be fixed in this version's public release?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

I'll try and take a look at those soon.

• NicrisNicris Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2015

Thank you. It will be a big help, especially for the new learners!