Mac Creator Release 0.13.47 is available

2»

Comments

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Alright thanks. Got it!

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Really pleased you've stopped Android devices sleeping whilst apps are open ;)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Now that the Creator is pretty damn stable (I've managed to crash it once in weeks) any chance some of the long-standing minor interface bugs will be looked at next?

Things like new attributes not showing up in the attribute picker if the attribute picker was opened before the attribute was created.

And I'm missing undo :(

Hopefully there's no new spanner thrown in the works now that stability is getting to where you want it to be!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

This build runs a bit slow with me , I don't know if anyone else experienced the same things , but the bugs that were there before came back all of a sudden , although it doesn't crash at all , but sometimes when i click on a prototype actor , and go back to the scene the lock picture stays until i quit GS or unlock the actor , and the rules sometimes get into each other as i scroll down , it gets stuck i have to leave the actor and click on it couple of times , the viewer loads slower than before , but only takes 2 seconds so not much of a problem really although it used to be fast. android viewer does not show the performance and memory usage it gets stuck to 0 , and the images/behaviours panel sometimes disappear, i didn't experience all of this in a really long time, but maybe cause i didn't update, still on Yosemite. I don't mind these bugs as long as GS doesn't crash.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Icebox1910 said:
    This build runs a bit slow with me

Agreed. Not pre-ARC Yosemite slow, but noticeably slower than a few versions ago.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

This is what i mean with the lock and unlock + the behaviors

even as i go back to the scene

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    • Android back button now throws Esc key (connected gamepads will throw SELECT) if you don’t check “App quits on controller back button” during Web Publishing.

Finally! This is one of the things that bugged me and prevented my games from being featured on google playstore. I hope GS team will focus more on Android issues because google playstore is on the rise. Don't leave us hanging!

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

hey so the redo controls are fixed and you can redo when you mess up?

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2015

@izam said: Finally! This is one of the things that bugged me and prevented my games from being featured on google playstore. I hope GS team will focus more on Android issues because google playstore is on the rise. Don't leave us hanging!

I agree. My company makes a lot more money on Android than on iOS and the difference is getting bigger by the day (we don't use GameSalad there). And we're still sitting here without support for Google Play Services which is absolutely mind-boggling.

And while I'm at it, rewarded ads are a standard by now for most small games that come out - still nowhere to be seen in GameSalad. Right now it isn't even possible to call an interstitial ad in an optimized one-scene-game without killing the user experience because you have to use the horrible pause behavior which lags like hell (everything continues to run before the game is actually unpaused).

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49

Apologies if this has been covered already but are people noticing that their FPS is lower than normal with the current version, or is it just me?

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@ShoutingAtHorses said:
    Apologies if this has been covered already but are people noticing that their FPS is lower than normal with the current version, or is it just me?

This has been brought up a couple times. FPS does seem to be slower in some situations. Read older posts here.....

Kirfu had a work around... Building in older version but publishing with this build........

• GameAlchemistGameAlchemist Member Posts: 106

@Hoodloc said:
    And while I'm at it, rewarded ads are a standard by now for most small games that come out - still nowhere to be seen in GameSalad. Right now it isn't even possible to call an interstitial ad in an optimized one-scene-game without killing the user experience because you have to use the horrible pause behavior which lags like hell (everything continues to run before the game is actually unpaused).

Agreed, reward video ads are a must now.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@GameAlchemist said:

Not agreed, they're annoying as manure.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@GameAlchemist said:

As well as Google leaderboards... GS might be the only game engine that's missing this feature.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49

@gattoman said:

Thanks, I did see something but just wanted to be 100% sure is all.

Does anyone know if this is something that will be improved in future updates (if possible)?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Yes, reward ads are raking in the money now whether or not they are annoying.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2015

@vafurlogi said:
    Not agreed, they're annoying as manure.

You don't have to put them in your games but an engine with that much of a focus on mobile games should have supported them long ago.

Personally I don't really like ads but I find rewarded ads a lot less annoying than the normal ones. But our personal opinions on ads in games have nothing to do with them being supported in GameSalad. They are a standard for making money right now and a great many of developers use them.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited October 2015

@BlackCloakGS here is one for the books. So GS has issues matching text specifically comas et... the reason is, the game salad fonts are Helvetica New while the keyboard input is Helvetica.

Edit: Solution = in keyboard settings turn off "Use smart quotes and dashes" works

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@Hoodloc said:
    Personally I don't really like ads but I find rewarded ads a lot less annoying than the normal ones. But our personal opinions on ads in games have nothing to do with them being supported in GameSalad. They are a standard for making money right now and a great many of developers use them.

Your fancy, long explaination has persuaded me, sir. I agree.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Is fonts for android working on later version, what ever i program its still arial.
    Is push notification something that coming?

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

@BlackCloakGS - Wondering if we can get the default platform on new projects to be set to iPad. Right now new project platforms are set to iPhone 5. If we're building with universal in mind, we know iPad is the best option.

Having the default platform set to iPad would not only save clicks for users to create lots of projects, but also probably save some time for new users who download GameSalad and don't know which platform to select. If they build their first game on iPhone, it's more work for them to adjust to iPad and will probably annoy them a bit.

Just a thought. Not high on my priorities, but just thought I'd mention it.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

has the lower FPS been officially addressed/identified as a bug?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Braydon_SFX said:
    BlackCloakGS - Wondering if we can get the default platform on new projects to be set to iPad.

Hell yeah !

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Having the default platform set to iPad would not only save clicks for users to create lots of projects, but also probably save some time for new users who download GameSalad and don't know which platform to select.

Hell yeah !

Ideally the project size would default to your last selected size, or even better it would exist as a preference.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Socks said:
    Ideally the project size would default to your last selected size, or even better it would exist as a preference.

Agreed!