Mac Release 0.13.44 is available (OS X 10.11 El Capitan Fixes)

QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142
edited October 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

13.44 Fixes:

• Fixed a UI issue when backing out of viewing a Table in Creator

13.43 Fixes:

• Fixed Recent Projects list clearing on any file interaction in OS X 10.11 El Capitan. It also now works correctly in Yosemite and below as well.

• Fixed scene editor canvas not displaying correctly until the window is resized on El Capitan

• Fixed a crash when clicking HTML5 Preview in El Capitan

• Fixed an issue where clicking on the Images library caused the scene to stretch in El Capitan

• Fixed not being able to scroll in HTML5 Preview

NOTE: This build still uses 13.41 as its publishing version as it only updates Creator itself. The iOS and Android viewers have to match Creator so they are set to 13.44

Get Build: Here

Previous Thread for 0.13.41: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89095/mac-release-0-13-41-is-available

Previous Mac Release Notes: https://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator

Comments

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

when will you guys fix the undo button?

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

FYI: We have a build coming to fix the issue with backing out of a table view. Should be available in the next couple of hours.

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

13.44 is out with the table view fix. See above for 13.43 changes.

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206

For some reason it wont let me update. It starts and then an error message pops up. Also, I am getting a lot of error when I try to upload an app through application loader for testflight. I uploaded 10 builds yesterday with no trouble but all of a sudden with little code change it gives me Error itms-90474 "invalid bundle." , Error itms-90529 "invalid package", and Error itms-90339 "info.plist contains an invalid key" ?

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

Me too! Yesterday all was alright. Today with the 0.13.44 version I got the same three error codes:

ERROR ITMS-90474, ERROR ITMS-90529 and ERROR ITMS-90339

I downgraded to the 0.13.41 version and the error is the same so I guess it's a Gamesalad server side error.

• ErnstKErnstK Member, PRO Posts: 24

I'm also getting those errors with version 0.13.44..

I am still getting the error when I try to upload through the application loader. Anyone know what the issue is or how to fix it?

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

What version of Xcode are you using and what version of Application Loader?

Xcode 6.4 but it wasn't working with the previous version either. When I experienced the errors (which were not present,2 days ago) I updated my xcode. The Application Loader is 3.1.

You need application loader 3.2.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    You need application loader 3.2.

Thanks, I can't find how to update application loader. I have the latest version of xcode. Do I need to start running el capitan? Or is there a way to update application loader on its own?

It is part of Xcode 7

• ErnstKErnstK Member, PRO Posts: 24

I'm having the same issues as above.. I'm using Xcode 7.01 and Application Loader 3.2
    See the report below:

ERROR ITMS-90474: "Invalid Bundle. iPad Multitasking support requires these orientations: 'UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait,UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown,UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft,UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight'. Found 'UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait' in bundle

ERROR ITMS-90529: "Invalid package. Applications built with sdk 9.0 or later must be packaged as proper IPA files."

ERROR ITMS-90339: "This bundle is invalid. The Info.plist contains an invalid key 'CFBundleResourceSpecification' in bundle

ok let me look into this it may not be till Monday until I get back to you

• PreschooluPreschoolu Member Posts: 52

Hey BlackCloakGS. Were you able to fix the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities issue? Is it possible to remove the armv7 from required device capabilities in the plist?

Note: we are also filing a bug report with apple for this issue and they are looking into it, so hopefully it can be solved from that end too.

I can, but I am pretty sure that is what you ask for in a previous post. What do you what the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities to have in it? We don't support armv6 devices.

edited October 2015

Is it possible to remove the required device capabilities from the plist? (in other words have nothing there instead of 1 item armv7) That was a suggestion of another IOS developer. I submitted a bug but it isn't there for some reason now. We tried updating the IOS deployment target to 6.0 and resubmitted it (re-submitting the older nonGamesalad one). I believe above 6.0 also doesnt support armv6 so i imagine it would go through if something was changed.

Ok i think i have got a fix please regenerate you binaires @Preschoolu this also removes UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities from the plist. It looks like the wrong binaries got uploaded on Friday. I have reverted them to the correct binaries for the release. Please regenerate your published app. Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks BlackCloakGS I will regenerate the binary with the new release.

I tried regenerating the app but the Required Device Capabilities is still in the plist when checking. Did i do something wrong or did i update too soon?

@Preschoolu said:
    I tried regenerating the app but the Required Device Capabilities is still in the plist when checking. Did i do something wrong or did i update too soon?

I uploaded via application loader and it worked with no errors for a TestFlight build.

I tested the first rebuild with 0.13.41 and it worked fine. Later I'll test the 0.13.44 version and report the results.

I updated now to 0.13.44 and rebuild another game and uploaded without any problems.

Many thanks to the Gamesalad team for this fast help over a weekend. You make always a good job!

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited October 2015

I updated gamesalad 0.13.44,
    and I found performance is drop,
    scene performed in 0.13.33 can be FPS 60,but in 0.13.44 FPS is 35~45,
    I'm the first to discover the problem?

I wasted a whole day to find out why,
    This problem may be improved in the next version?

*iPad mini2 Remains FPS60,iPad2 and iPod touch5 sometimes is FPS 35~45

• stannystanny Member Posts: 26

"When converting audio to .ogg, we no longer strip one of the channels."

Do we need to re-import music to get a better quality? Just replace them again with the same file name would do?

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@stanny said:
    "When converting audio to .ogg, we no longer strip one of the channels."

Do we need to re-import music to get a better quality? Just replace them again with the same file name would do?

yes

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

I can't find a lot of information about Windows publishing and GameSalad. I'm wondering if publishing to Windows will be a Universal build? ie. Support Windows 10? Are there plans for that? Just curious. I know there's not a lot of demand for it, but I figured I'd have a look. Has anyone published to the Windows 8 devices?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@clee2005 said:
    I can't find a lot of information about Windows publishing and GameSalad. I'm wondering if publishing to Windows will be a Universal build? ie. Support Windows 10? Are there plans for that? Just curious. I know there's not a lot of demand for it, but I figured I'd have a look. Has anyone published to the Windows 8 devices?

right now it's windows 8 only, not Windows 8 phone and not Windows 10.

I've published a number of apps to the store, using the guide attached. not all the links are still valid, but the versions are, using the wrong version of the SDK or Visual Studio will result in errors, or it did the last spring the last time I used it.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@stanny said:

@JSproject said:
    yes

MediaHuman Audio Converter ( http://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/ ) is good (and free) if you want more control over audio quality, especially when using Ogg files - I'm going to guess that the reason GS used to strip out the right channel (summing the two channels would have been a much better approach) was because mono files are less of a strain on a processor, so it's good to have the option to import mono files if you have a game with a ton of sound in it.