Mac Creator 1.0.0 is available

Comments

• App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

@kyleknauer said:
    I'm having a download error when I attempt to update.

I'm also receiving a download error when trying to update. Trying to update from version 13.41 and to stops at 30.7 MB of 30.9 MB.

"An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later."

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

1.0?! Nice

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@freneticz said:
    is it time to update from 13.30 now?

There's been an argument for staying on 12.20 but it's been time to upgrade from 13.30 for aaaaages now :D

• patateChaudepatateChaude Member Posts: 8

Beta is over! Wow
    Now, can we have POLYGON collision please!!!!!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

Can you anyone confirm what FPS is like in this version? I know some have brought up issues with build 0.13.47, so curious to know if performance is back to normal?

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

Hi guys. Just posting to see if anyone else has seen this lately.
    photo Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 3.59.10 PM_zpsdnrmnf2g.png

I was getting this in 0.13.41 and am still getting it after updating to 1.0.0 last night... The weird thing is that I'm not even trying to use the android viewer or any viewer for that matter when this pops up, I'm just coding inside prototype actors. This really interrupts my workflow because it freezes the creator for a bit until it gives me this message and one of the times I had to restart GS because this caused it to lock up permanently. Please help @QASalad or any of you devs because this causes loss of work and time. Thanks for listening. :)

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@Armelline said:
    There's been an argument for staying on 12.20 but it's been time to upgrade from 13.30 for aaaaages now :D

Probably. but 13.30 has been so xtremely stable and fast for me, i dont dare to update

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited October 2015

@supafly129
    FPS still drop.

@kirafu said:
    supafly129
    FPS still drop.

@kirafu :( sad to hear that. @BlackCloakGS @GeorgeGS @QASalad any update on what the cause may be?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited October 2015

Gamesalad used to be so fast on Yosemite , I updated to Capitan and to this build and its much much slower than before with everything, and the android viewer still doesnt display anything , all the digits are zero framerate performance memory etc. , even scrolling the scene to the right is slow and laggy. I hope the next build is faster than this one.

• GameAlchemistGameAlchemist Member Posts: 106

@patateChaude said:
    Beta is over! Wow
    Now, can we have POLYGON collision please!!!!!

I think coming out of beta means that they might now be focusing the bug tracker requests(hopefully) which includes polygon collision/reward video ad/custom fonts, and I just pointed out the most important features.

• een2drieeen2drie Member, PRO Posts: 30

:)

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

ONE! You could have warned me for that. Now I don't have a bottle of champagne in the house. A high five will have to do then: ✋
    Congratulations GS team!

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

The worlds longest beta is over ... Congrats guys, well done!

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49

Will FPS issues be addressed in the next update?

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited October 2015

Hey.. I didn't hear any fanfair or get a note to put some fizz in the fridge.

Congrats on reaching the 1.0 milestone..

Amazingly happy to see that number appear..

(oh and this is my comment number 4000)

Loving the milestone but Creator is slowing down at near early-Yosemite levels again. Having to restart every 15 minutes or so to have a usable environment.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@Armeline I noticed the same. Creator hardly ever crashes, but is slowing down after 15 minutes or so of use.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2015

@ShoutingAtHorses said:
    Will FPS issues be addressed in the next update?

They should address a lot of problems really fast. 1.0 of all things is the worst version of GameSalad in a long time for me personally. People reporting FPS problems (haven't noticed them myself yet), terrible app loading times and Creator performance is once again getting worse with every new update. I find it highly disturbing that a lot of problems keep reappearing, how little feedback there is even after they've been reported by many people and how many months it takes for them to get fixed just to reappear again a few versions later.

Personally I think it's time for some sort of information about the next months and the future in general. We were always told that we have to vote on features that we want. Now we've seen the introduction of html5 which is great in and of itself but it wasn't even on top of that feature list.

I'm at a point now where I won't invest any more money in this software without knowing where things are heading (even if I said so in the past, I was more optimistic at that time). The mobile market changes incredibly fast nowadays and times when you could just throw out stuff on iOS and make a living are over. Android is more important than ever before, the way ads are used has changed a lot. With every new generation of devices new features get introduced that could potentially be used to attract attention in an ocean of daily game releases.

But with GameSalad I feel completely crippled nowadays. There's nothing but one positive thing left and that's the ease of use. No support for Google Play Services (which single-handedly kills a great deal of Android games), no rewarded Ads, no support for new platforms, no support for new device features. At the same time the mac creator and its workflow are still one of the worst software experiences I could possibly imagine.

Features like collision shapes or joints always lead to the same argument being made: integrating them into the editor would take more time than the actual code itself. But so what? You're telling me that we won't see this stuff for years to come because they'd take time to implement?

As a mobile developer I no longer feel like being addressed by the GameSalad team. But they take a premium price and now even ask people to pay for them learning their software.

Now everybody please forgive me for raining on this parade. Congratulations to the GameSalad team of course for getting out of beta. It's just that soon my subscription will end and I've spend the last weeks weighing my options. Maybe my thoughts are of any use or at least offer some insight into the mind of a customer.

• GameAlchemistGameAlchemist Member Posts: 106

@Hoodloc true! But still when I joined GameSalad I was amazed by its ease of use and after using it for months only I feel like moving on to another engine until Graphene is released, or if they at least fix the loading time problem. And there won't be any point of Polygon collision/Custom fonts/etc as long as we don't have quicker loading time so that we stop making games in one scene and use GameSalad to it's full potential.

• ggappleggapple Member, PRO Posts: 1

New Game (Super Crab) Just Uploaded in iOS and Android Market:

Hi Best Wishes For Everyone,

We have just created a new game “Super Crab”, and we would like to introduce to everyone. We will be grateful if someone willing to have a go with our game and give us some comments.

The game just uploaded on “iOS and Android” platform. Just download with “No Mind”, “Just Do It” and “Have Fun and Enjoy”.

The game will be keep updating.

No worried be happy!

Many thanks, cheers.

@Hoodloc said:
    Now everybody please forgive me for raining on this parade. Congratulations to the GameSalad team of course for getting out of beta. It's just that soon my subscription will end and I've spend the last weeks weighing my options. Maybe my thoughts are of any use or at least offer some insight into the mind of a customer.

@Hoodloc Very true. I also think we really need a consistently updated roadmap. I hate sounding like a pest and asking about the decreased FPS and increased loading times multiple times, and most times it's because I never get a response. With an updated roadmap that even includes estimated timelines and what not, we won't have to wonder as much where things are headed next.

It sounds like a handful of people have reported decreased performance so I'm worried that these latest releases aren't even worth the update. If it's being worked on then fantastic, but if it's not being worked on, I think we all should be aware of what is.

edited October 2015
    • Faster Creator performance (was so good for a while!)
    • Faster loading times
    • Smaller generate app file size
    • Custom fonts
    • Polygonal collisions
    • Better layout tools
    • Intelligent automatic universalising (I have lots of ideas about how to do this but that's for another time)
    • Lots of little things too numerous to list

This is my current wishlist and a clear roadmap would be amazing.

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49
    edited October 2015

@supafly129 said:
    It sounds like a handful of people have reported decreased performance so I'm worried that these latest releases aren't even worth the update. If it's being worked on then fantastic, but if it's not being worked on, I think we all should be aware of what is.

For me, the big issue is FPS simply because GameSalad could have all the bells and whistles in the world but if the games don't run smooth enough then all of that is for nothing.

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236
    edited October 2015

@Armelline said:

• Faster Creator performance (was so good for a while!)
    • Faster loading times
    • Smaller generate app file size
    • Custom fonts
    • Polygonal collisions
    • Better layout tools
    • Intelligent automatic universalising (I have lots of ideas about how to do this but that's for another time)
    • Lots of little things too numerous to list

This is my current wishlist and a clear roadmap would be amazing.

I sure would love nearest neighbor style scaling, but that's something they said would likely have to wait until the 0.14 graphics handling stuff. Even then, I still view it as secondary to custom fonts.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Yes creator is running slow but it runs slow from the first minute in my case , then goes slower and slower. It was really really fast, stable and good before. Dont know what happened I hope you solve this issue , you have invested so much time in improving the creators performance and the creator was really great , it would be a shame to leave it this way now.

I agree! and that's why I hope FPS and loading times are the main priority right now. Unfortunately without an updated roadmap, it's hard to tell what's being worked on.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2015

@Armelline said:

Totally forgot to mention that.

Making stuff universal in GameSalad is harder than in any other engine i've used. One of them for example has an anchor behavior which lets elements keep a proportional distance to the boundaries of your scene no matter the aspect ratio - a button in the upper right corner will always stay in the upper right corner with no adjustments to the x or y values needed. Just the first thing that sprang to my mind, bigger competitors have whole tools for designing universal UIs.

For an engine that targets newcomers making stuff universal is simply to complicated right now.