GameSalad Viewer Coming to an app store near you

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Now on the iOS store.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Now on the iOS store.

Brilliant ! :) :) :)

Do you know if it's possible to install the latest viewer from the App Store along side older viewers on the same iPad/device ?

Not sure you will have to test

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Socks said:

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Now on the iOS store.

Do you know if it's possible to install the latest viewer from the App Store along side older viewers on the same iPad/device ?

as long as the older viewers you installed manually have a different identifier it should be fine.

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@Socks said:

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Now on the iOS store.

I've often installed multiple copies of the viewer - it's the bundle identifier that defines uniqueness.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@jonmulcahy said:
    as long as the older viewers you installed manually have a different identifier it should be fine.

@tmann said:
    I've often installed multiple copies of the viewer - it's the bundle identifier that defines uniqueness.

Unfortunately I lack the understanding to know what your responses mean :o :)

I suppose the best question to ask here is: is the bundle identifier (whatever they are :) ) for the App Store viewer different from previous viewer's bundle identifiers ?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited December 2015

Awesome! Love the simplicity of previewing games on iOS devices now. Except... it's not working for me :( "GameSalad Creator Not Found" even though I'm using the same version (1.24.38) and I've followed the Instructions... I'll keep trying. iOS 9.1 (13B143) on an iPhone 6 with GameSalad running on OS X 10.10.5.

Wonder how many people are going to see the announcement buried in this thread though... maybe a new thread?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited December 2015

@Socks said:
    is the bundle identifier for the App Store viewer different from previous viewer's bundle identifiers?

In Xcode builds you can set your bundle identifier to whatever you want, it isn't set in stone.

@tatiang contact us through the blue circle with a white question mark on the bottom right of this page and our CS department can help you out.

Thanks, @BlackCloakGS, I'm doing that now.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Holy crud I can literally test my game on my iPhone within 5 seconds! Crazy!

Working for me, @tatiang

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@BlackCloakGS Everything seems to be running fine except for a few minor things:

• It seems that the loading wheel is located in the middle of the screen for portrait games
    • Black invisible actors which interpolate their alpha to 1 do not show up. Not sure why, but it shows up in Creator.
  • HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@BlackCloakGS

iPhone 6+ (both on Creator 1.23.1 and 1.24.38)

• Does not change to Landscape mode
    • Networking features do not work
    • Occasionally images are missing

iPhone 5 (both on Creator 1.23.1 and 1.24.38)

iOS is up to date on both devices. v9.1(13B143)
    Mac is running v10.10.5

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

@tatiang I'm having the same issue except the device that it's happening to on me is my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. It has android OS 5.0 Lollipop and I'm using the latest creator on my mac with OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan. It's weird because the new iOS viewer from the app store works well on my iPhone 6 so far.

@BlackCloakGS I guess I should contact support too. ;)

Update: I tried it on my home iMac and it still doesn't work so I think it has something to do with the iPhone. I'll try another iPhone when I get a chance later.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Socks said:

@jonmulcahy said:

@tmann said:

Unfortunately I lack the understanding to know what your responses mean :o :)

I suppose the best question to ask here is: is the bundle identifier (whatever they are :) ) for the App Store viewer different from previous viewer's bundle identifiers ?

Just use the team ID to sign your viewer and then you can make the bundle ID of the viewer anything com.fart.fart what ever it doesn't matter.

edited December 2015

@Hopscotch said:
    @BlackCloakGS

Mac is running v10.10.5

i have a iPhone6s+ and it rotates to landscape/portrait, but i have not tried it with a game yet. Are you having trouble in a game or with the viewer itself? I'm using 1.24.38 with latest everything.

GS found the iPhone and connected, but instead of overscan like the game was designed to use, it's stretching everything to fit, so it's all skewed. I'm also seeing the loading wheel about 1/3 up from the bottom and 1/4 from the right

edited December 2015

@jonmulcahy said:

@Hopscotch said:
    @BlackCloakGS

Mac is running v10.10.5

i have a iPhone6s+ and it rotates to landscape/portrait, but i have not tried it with a game yet. Are you having trouble in a game or with the viewer itself? I'm using 1.24.38 with latest everything.

GS found the iPhone and connected, but instead of overscan like the game was designed to use, it's stretching everything to fit, so it's all skewed. I'm also seeing the loading wheel about 1/3 up from the bottom and 1/4 from the right

ahh, but now i see there is an overscan option that you set before loading the game, so thats working fine.

it's been years since I've used the viewer :)

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited December 2015

@jonmulcahy said:

I have tried a few actual games, even a small fresh project,

on iPhone6+ the Viewer changes to landscape when loading the game, but the game is then displayed wrongly in portrait mode. Turning the device has no effect.

on iPhone5 the game will change from landscape to portrait according to the way you hold the device, although it is a landscape only game.

Also, would be nice if it remembered the last chosen Stretch/Overscan/Letterbox mode.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Not really used viewer for ages...usually just do an Adhoc test build, but was quite pleasantly surprised at how easy and quickly the new viewer is to install and use from the App Store.

Sadly though, Im experiencing the missing images bug that others are reporting...

But apart from that, it was a completely hassle free install...

any issues you guys fine please file a bug with us so we can address the issue.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

Im having no issues using iPad with retina display and iPhone 5c so far! other iOS devices to follow,

my iPhone and mac are both updated to the latest iOS and OS X

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478

Works fine for me

Here's the bug report I submitted: http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1495.

@tatiang let me know if you have any questions about the comments that i added to that bug.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

FYI, you can bookmark http://www.gamesalad.com/viewer -- it will always be updated with the latest viewer links.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

Thanks, @BlackCloakGS. I'll look into Bonjour access on the router.

Also feel free to rate the apps in the store.

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

From what I read it should be possible to test my game on an iOS device through my PC right? I don't own a mac so I have to borrow my buddy's macbook every time I do an update. I downloaded the viewer onto my ipod but I'm unable to connect to my Windows 7 64 bit PC. I've tried connecting both through wifi and over USB. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere. Any suggestions?

edited December 2015

@Plucked Studios It should work with windows creator. iOS is wifi only. Contact our CS department with the help icon on the bottom right of the page and we will help you our.
    Edit: did you install the view support? Look under the tools menu