GameSalad Viewer Coming to an app store near you

124»

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Also feel free to rate the apps in the store.

Done!

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Thanks, we could really use some Google Play love

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@BlackCloakGS said:
    @Plucked Studios It should work with windows creator. iOS is wifi only. Contact our CS department with the help icon on the bottom right of the page and we will help you our.
    Edit: did you install the view support? Look under the tools menu

Thanks for the quick response @BlackCloakGS. Yes I've installed viewer support. I will get a hold of customer support to get my issue situated. How is the Android lag update coming along. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can't wait for the next update.

We are in the testing phase. It will most likely not be till early next week until we can get a build out.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited December 2015

Works great for me !

:)

iPhone 6+ iOS 8.3
    OS X 10.9.4

• RCT_GamesRCT_Games Member, PRO Posts: 97

@BlackCloakGS my viewer and gamesalad is not working ether. Using current mac release and the app store viewer. Tried running it on both my iPad mini 4 and my iPhone 6s. Sometimes it will show up long enough for me to start the preview, but the app never changes to connected to gamesalad. The if I try to preview it just freezes the app.
    Have tried it on a fresh game also just to see if it was a logic error.

@RCT_Games contact CS (blue button with the question mark on the bottom right of the page)and they will help you.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

I am loving the convenience of this, thanks for releasing this!!!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I did finally get it to connect at home after moving my router closer to my iMac. Maybe I just needed a stronger signal?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited December 2015

Great to see this GS Viewer app on the App Store.

Will this GS View have its own section on Bugzilla? Because I'd like to make a feature request to have the ability to save the selected ratio option.

I always make my games with the ratio set to Overscan and it would be really convenient to have the selected option saved each time I launch the app, and not have to keep (or remember to keep) selecting it every time. Or have some kind of user saved preference settings area in the app which you can grow with future features.

Would love to see this added at some point in the future.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Thanks, we could really use some Google Play love

Rated 5 Stars! Thanks for putting this out... what would also help, is some work on the GS Android engine. Android is turning out to be a good market for our games, but they are suffering from performance which is less than the iOS version GS produces.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@FatFish said:
    Great to see this GS Viewer app on the App Store.

Will this GS View have its own section on Bugzilla? Because I'd like to make a feature request to have the ability to save the selected ratio option.

I always make my games with the ratio set to Overscan and it would be really convenient to have the selected option saved each time I launch the app, and not have to keep (or remember to keep) selecting it every time. Or have some kind of user saved preference settings area in the app which you can grow with future features.

Would love to see this added at some point in the future.

No need to submit that -- we have a pretty huge featureset planned for the viewer that will include that ;)

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited December 2015

@dgackey That's fantastic! Looking forward to more features with the viewer. Thanks guys.

• J's JunctionJ's Junction IllinoisMember, PRO Posts: 81

Much more convenient! Thanks!

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

No viewer for Windows?

edited December 2015

The viewer works GameSalad Creator running on Mac or Windows.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    edited December 2015

This was working great for me but now it comes up as GS Creator not found. I have my Mac and device on the same wifi, nothing has changed on my end, not sure what the issue is. Ideas?

Edit...Had to force quit the GS Creator and seems to be working now.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

@BlackCloakGS: Tested for a while... ;-)

• Viewer said "No GameSalad Creator found". Both devices are on the same network (Mac El Captain + iPad mini 2 with latest iOS). GS is also updated.
    • Tried to restart everything many times. I finally see the green bulb in Viewer after some attempts. But GS is still freezing during "compressing assets".
    • Another tons of restarts... game is finally running on the iPad.
    • Some textures are missing (Change Attribute -> Image probably does not react in Viewer properly).
      = AdHoc testing is still more trustworthy...
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@tatiang said:
    I did finally get it to connect at home after moving my router closer to my iMac. Maybe I just needed a stronger signal?

Try switching the channel on your wifi. If others in your neighborhood are on the same channel it causes issues. If you download a wifi sniffer on your phone or tablet you can see the other frequencies and adjust away from their numbers. Most routers come default to channel 6. Stay two steps away so if six go to eight or four.

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48

Simply awesome! Make testing so much faster.... Great Job

@BlackCloakGS I mean is there no viewer for Windows devices. All I see is iOS, Kindle and Android. There are those of us who would like to test on Windows.

we currently do not support windows phones sorry

edited December 2015

shame. thanks. @BlackCloakGS is it ever going to be in the works?

edited December 2015

we don't have any short term plans but there is a feature request in our bug database you can vote for.

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@fmakawa I expect you can package the HTML5 version of your GS project to support Windows Phone.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@tmann said:
    @fmakawa I expect you can package the HTML5 version of your GS project to support Windows Phone.

AFAIK HTML5 does not support multitouch, so that'd be another requirement.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Chapeau for the Gamesalad team. This is one of the things that is making gamesalad much more pleasant to work with. Good job!

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@BlackCloakGS

The Networking behaviors on the appstore Viewer are not sending or receiving anything.

I just posted this bug:

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1519

I reported it on the 3rd but must have failed to post a bug report at the time.

@Hopscotch said:
    @BlackCloakGS

iPhone 6+ (both on Creator 1.23.1 and 1.24.38)

• Does not change to Landscape mode
    • Networking features do not work
    • Occasionally images are missing

iPhone 5 (both on Creator 1.23.1 and 1.24.38)

• Networking features do not work
    • Occasionally images are missing

iOS is up to date on both devices. v9.1(13B143)
    Mac is running v10.10.5

edited December 2015

We are working updating the iOS Viewer in the stores. So far out side of test flight the network behaviors are working.

• F3RRYF3RRY Member Posts: 2

Is the iOS viewer currently working correctly?

I see that hasn't been updated since May 2016.