Share on Facebook, SMS, Email, Twitter and Google +. Free Templates by Gs Extras

RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot.Member Posts: 956
edited December 2015 in Community Tutorials

Hi everyone,

We at GS Extras have a new FREE Custom Social Tool. Come try it out!

Our goal is to create an easy to use tool that allows users to share your content through social media, for free!

With this easy to use tool you can really get the most out of GameSalad.
Share on Facebook, SMS, Email, Twitter and Google +.

Simple integration into any project. Includes a FREE template! http://www.gsextras.com/home/?product=gs-custom-social-template-gamesalad-template

Here is our new website (link is in the signature):

How to use GsSocial,

Steps to use custom social behaviors.

1. Download the free template that I have attached
  2. Head over to our website
  3. Register for an account
  4. Head over the Membership packages.
  5. Sign up for a basic account
  6. Soon after you should see a notice that your files have been created. You should be redirected.
  7. Click on the GsSocial tab.
  8. Find the social extension you want to work with. (ie. SMS, Facebook, Email...)
  9. Enter your message and hit "Update"
  10. The page should refresh with your message visible
  11. Grab the URL that is provided according to your message
  12. Insert the url into the template's GsSocial table
  13. Test to verify that the link is working.

That's it. Updates are real time. No worrying about if you set up the correct message or not.
Add whatever messages or links you want.

Comments

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

Looks great! Nice work!

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2015

@zweg25

Thank you!

@Two.E said:
    This and Appformative are really providing great services. Never heard of this until now. Thanks.

Thanks! We just released it this week.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Nice!

Free Template!

Spin By Dragging.

• RhiannonSaladRhiannonSalad Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 69
    edited December 2015

Keep in mind @RabbitParrot Threads are supposed to be kept to one template/theme at a time. You have your custom social template and then another for drag to spin. Please keep threads to one subject per GameSalad Forum Guidelines.

• olivertheracerolivertheracer Member, PRO Posts: 10

Hello,

I do not understand how it works.
    I have download the free template, but what is the URL I have to insert in the table ?
    The URL of MY Twitter and of MY Facebook page ?
    And what about the SMS ? which URL should I have to insert ?
    Sorry for being stupid, but I am lost with your explications :(

About this, it means when people will click on the icon it will share my app content to their Facebook or Twitter ?

Olivier.

edited January 2016

@olivertheracer said:
    Hello,

I do not understand how it works.
    I have download the free template, but what is the URL I have to insert in the table ?
    The URL of MY Twitter and of MY Facebook page ?
    And what about the SMS ? which URL should I have to insert ?
    Sorry for being stupid, but I am lost with your explications :(

About this, it means when people will click on the icon it will share my app content to their Facebook or Twitter ?

Olivier.

Thank you for your question! Please take a look at this video,

edited January 2016

Update -01/11/2015-

Added more fields to the basic version of our tool

Basic version includes:
    1 SMS
    1 Facebook
    1 Email
    1 Twitter
    1 Google +
    1 iOS review link (Takes you to the review page of your app)

Check out our online tool and free template! (Link in the signature)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@RabidParrot The Custom Social tool is really awesome!

Because the word "awesome" has been thrashed I rarely use it.

Maybe I should have said "Supercalafraglisticexpealidocious!" Not that I am a Mary Poppins fan. :D

@PhilipCC said:
    @RabidParrot The Custom Social tool is really awesome!

Because the word "awesome" has been thrashed I rarely use it.

Maybe I should have said "Supercalafraglisticexpealidocious!" Not that I am a Mary Poppins fan. :D

I appreciate it!

edited January 2016

Update 1/20/2016

It looks like the internal browser is having some issues running the php. If you have an issue you might want to open the GsSocial link in an external browser.

Testing done on iPhone 5, GameSalad Creator version 1.24.42.

Also updated the files. When you log in please make sure you hit the sync button on the GsSocial Page

title

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112

Look like a great tool!
    But, maybe I´m a bit stupid - if you have several games you would like to implement this tool on, how can I differentiate them; I´d need to have different links in each game, but as far as I understand, if put into different games, there are only one link let say for Facebook that can be used at a time? Am I right og wrong?

...and I can not find the "iOS review" option in the template downloaded from GSextras....Any suggestions? Very eager on this one...

edited January 2016

@johnnymagne said:
    Look like a great tool!
    But, maybe I´m a bit stupid - if you have several games you would like to implement this tool on, how can I differentiate them; I´d need to have different links in each game, but as far as I understand, if put into different games, there are only one link let say for Facebook that can be used at a time? Am I right og wrong?

For the pro membership you get unlimited fields. For the basic you get one of each.

@johnnymagne said:
    ...and I can not find the "iOS review" option in the template downloaded from GSextras....Any suggestions? Very eager on this one...

It's usually best to make your own button for rating.

The prexisting buttons are made to represent the native sharing feature in iOS

Although, if you look at every app they normally have a different rate button.

Just make a button that opens the url and you have a rate button
    Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks for using our tool!

edited January 2016

comment deleted

Ah, silly me - all makes sense now. Thanks!

Hi RabidParrot, are there some news on the internal browser issue?

@johnnymagne said:
    Hi RabidParrot, are there some news on the internal browser issue?

The internal browser works for the sms and email social sharing links. For the twitter, facebook and google + it's best to use the external browser.

The external browser usually recognizes your social login.
    The internal browser usually requires a login.

edited February 2016

Strange. It all works in GS viever, but just released new version of my game Animal fart on the App store, and it just stops after opening a white initial window after hitting any social button...Nothing! Had all social buttons set to internal. Will try on Test Flight now....

Tried a direct install via iTunes to my iPad with a new build - I changed all social buttons to use external browser...but no luck. The same white window...

I have also tried my restore/purchase buttons in the game, and they all connect to the apple server.

With the social buttons: I see that when I leave the app after having pressed any social button, the "internet connection wheel" is running for at bit, suggesting that it tried/is trying to connect to the server.

Any suggestions?

@johnnymagne said:
    Tried a direct install via iTunes to my iPad with a new build - I changed all social buttons to use external browser...but no luck. The same white window...

I have also tried my restore/purchase buttons in the game, and they all connect to the apple server.

With the social buttons: I see that when I leave the app after having pressed any social button, the "internet connection wheel" is running for at bit, suggesting that it tried/is trying to connect to the server.

Any suggestions?

I'll look into the files and let you know.

@johnnymagne I need a little more information. I sent you a PM.

Thank you for all help on sorting out this issue @RabidParrot.
    There is some problems with the internal browser on GS, using external solves it all :-)

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@RabidParrot I seem to be having the same issue as @johnnymagne :# ...Any luck in solving this?

Update - 2/08/2016

If you are using version GameSalad 1.24.42 use the external browser. The internal browser isn't playing nice in this version.

If you use version 1.24.41 or below, the internal browser will work for SMS and Email.
    It is best to use the external browser in 1.24.41 or below for the Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Reason being is that the external browser can recognize if you are already signed into Facebook/Twitter/Google+.

If you use the internal browser for Facebook, Twitter, and Google + you might be asked to sign in. This might deter users from sharing your content. The goal is to create the smallest amount of steps to get your content shared.

@As_Of_Latte said:
    @RabidParrot I seem to be having the same issue as @johnnymagne :# ...Any luck in solving this?

Just made an update on the forums. If you have anymore issues feel free to pm me.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@RabidParrot Awesome! Yeah, I am using 1.24.38 still...I'll change things up to what you've recommended and give it a test tonight. Thanks!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@RabidParrot is there a way to change the default url of the redirect when the player hits the "x" to cancel out of the shared post? Currently it goes to gamesalad.com so curious if we can change that to the url of our game

@supafly129 said:
    @RabidParrot is there a way to change the default url of the redirect when the player hits the "x" to cancel out of the shared post? Currently it goes to gamesalad.com so curious if we can change that to the url of our game

Unfortunately that is a global attribute that is required for the script to be successful. Changing the final url will affect all users. I found Gamesalad.com to be the best end url for the facebook app.

Yes, it can be set, but it will be set for all users. To keep the url unbiased I set it to Gamesalad.com

If you were to create an app on facebook you can have it send the user wherever you want. You will have to create your own server that can run php.

https://developers.facebook.com/apps/

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@RabidParrot said:

@supafly129 said:

Unfortunately that is a global attribute that is required for the script to be successful. Changing the final url will affect all users. I found Gamesalad.com to be the best end url for the facebook app.

Yes, it can be set, but it will be set for all users. To keep the url unbiased I set it to Gamesalad.com

If you were to create an app on facebook you can have it send the user wherever you want. You will have to create your own server that can run php.

https://developers.facebook.com/apps/

@RabidParrot Ah I see, thanks for clarifying! How about Facebook.com instead as a universal end url since it'd be consistent, or do all social scripts redirect to the same page?