Update 1.24.42 is available

Comments

• 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    edited January 2016

@drizzling said:
    @68kStudios i have submitted this bug and they found it an issue in 1.24 series and this bug is absent in 1.23 .

They mentioned that the bug seemed to resolve in 1.25 and so hope they will release 1.25 soon! Hang in there!

Maybe the table cell display issue could be just a lag.. as in it couldn't catch up with the performance in the ad hoc devices (Both in android and iOS) .. So if performance of 1.25 is better/faster .. this will resolve by itself

I hope so! Anyway, I don't think that is just a "display" issue.

In my game, I use table values as condition.
    Example: If you have X gold (value saved in a table) and want to buy an item that cost Y, if X>Y you can touch an icon and buy the item. After the first purchase, you don't have enough gold to buy the item, but the amount displayed doesn't change and if you touch again and again the icon you buy other items. When you change the scene and come back to the first scene, you will see that now you have a negative amount of gold and a lot of items! So, I think that the table management overall is quite slow in 1.24.

• drizzlingdrizzling Member, PRO Posts: 101
    edited January 2016

@68kStudios Hey guess what, My table reference issue is exactly like yours!! Haha.. as in I have carrot as the currency in my game, where gamers can buy items and the display text reference is table cell value! No wonder we have the exact same problem! Don't worry, the team is aware of this issue already.. Since yours is so similar to mine..

But for my case, overtime I change scene/reset, the table cell value will be auto corrected and displayed correctly. So I always tot its a laggy issue... that the table cell value just couldn't catch up as the actor that display this text has Lots of rules.. My case is the rules are calculating in the background.. just only table cell display is wrong..

Hmm Mayb you can file a bug report to game salad team. They do fixed the bug i reported.. But If you file personally, they will be able fix the bug more specific to your game.

Let's keep our finger cross ya ..

@68kStudios ah! My carrot, which is X in you case.. Is a game attribute!! Not a table attribute!
    Maybe that's y my rule is still counting in the background!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Performance.

I know we had much worse versions where you had to re-start game salad every 5 minutes.

Than we had a fixed version. Than there was new updates and back is the progressively decreasing performance within the editor.

Right now I find myself re-starting game salad all 30 minutes because loading between scenes rises up to several seconds between scenes and actors.

Its frustrating for me.
    And it would be great to hear that you guys are aware of it.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@BigDave said:
    Performance.

I know we had much worse versions where you had to re-start game salad every 5 minutes.

Than we had a fixed version. Than there was new updates and back is the progressively decreasing performance within the editor.

Right now I find myself re-starting game salad all 30 minutes because loading between scenes rises up to several seconds between scenes and actors.

Its frustrating for me.
    And it would be great to hear that you guys are aware of it.

I find I go back to creator 13.33. It's so much faster. Those extra seconds between clicks kills productivity.

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

0.13.33 is the performance best version,now.
    Keep your project backup on "0.13.33",this is very important.

May I ask the pros here.. Let's say we are using creator version previous version, am I able to publish it?

I tried using previous version of creator to do my work.. But I realize even when I publish my game, with the previous version, the bugs of the latest creator version surfaces.. As in as if I have updated my creator...?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

I think they support previous versions up to a point, not sure if 13.33 or 13.34 are using engine 1.0 during publishing now or the older engine though. They are about 6 months old after all. @BlackCloakGS ?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I guess I'm just lucky, I haven't seen beach balls or had to restart in a long while.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703
    edited January 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games 64gb ram? Xeon processor? Whats your secret :blush: ?

edited January 2016

@Approw said:
    @Lost_Oasis_Games 64gb ram? Xeon processor? Whats your secret :blush: ?

iMac 5K, 3.5 core i5, 16 GB Ram, ADM R9 with 2G and a fusion drive w 120 Gig of SSD. I keep my machine system maintained, aka permission repairs et. and I keep most files on another off board drive. This leaves only my OS running on SD memory only. Lean mean and fast. Will be maxing out the ram here soon. I can render out a 45 minute video in just over 10 minutes...

@Lost_Oasis_Games Thats a pretty bad ass iMac you got there. I just build a second hackintosh because I killed my mobo (not sure about the cpu) and 2 psu's due to overclocking. It was dump since the psu and the board werent exactly new, so I fried them...

Still tweaking to boot stable into OSX without missing features. Right now I have an MSI p67 and an i7 2600 3,4 Ghz and overclocked it to 4,0 Ghz. A lot of bang for buck since the hardware is quite old so it comes fairly cheap, cpus didnt really got a lot better anyway.

Bad**** means "freaking sweet", just in case you read it the wrong way haha.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119
    edited January 2016

I have to agree that working with GS is slower and slower with each new release again. However, definitely not so bad as with spring 2015 release.

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited January 2016

I dont know but my game is not going well with this version, the gs viewer shows no bug during testing but during publish testing, my actors stop spawning after certain level, and never resumes.. I couldnt release my game as this issue is still there.. hope they fix this issue soon as it has been 1 week still no success.. And also I see performance issue..

• quattroquattro Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2016

@Nabbo said:
    I dont know but my game is not going well with this version, the gs viewer shows no bug during testing but during publish testing, my actors stop spawning after certain level, and never resumes.. I couldnt release my game as this issue is still there.. hope they fix this issue soon as it has been 1 week still no success.. And also I see performance issue..

My game is also have performance issues... It was working smooth and 60 fps in older versions but in 1.24.42, my game still works on 60 fps but keep stuttering randomly... Cant release like this either. Hoping for fix asap. :/

edited January 2016

@quattro said:

@Nabbo said:

My game is also have performance issues... It was working smooth and 60 fps in older versions but in 1.24.42, my game still works on 60 fps but keep stuttering randomly... Cant release like this either. Hoping for fix asap. :/

I've noticed stuttering but I thought I was just seeing things.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523
    edited January 2016

@kirafu said:
    0.13.33 is the performance best version,now.
    Keep your project backup on "0.13.33",this is very important.

Hi @kirafu, I need this version! where I can found it? :(

• @quattro said:

@Nabbo said:

You are right I see that same random stuttering and sometimes worst!! I think I will wait till they fix these issue Donno when

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Anyone know if there will be a 1.24.42 version of the GS Viewer?

1.24.41 does not allow my flippers to detect collisions with the ball in my pinball game although Creator 1.24.42 does.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Is there no easy way to open in a older version?

• skottskott Member Posts: 172

@gattoman said:

@quattro said:

@Nabbo said:

I've noticed stuttering but I thought I was just seeing things.

Ill join the "stuttering" club. Have been driving me crazy.. Glad i'm not the only one. My game also run at 60 fps and random stuttering happen. Looks and feels bad. Can't release a game with that.

Happen both at gs viewer and ad hoc build.

@skott said:

I've noticed stuttering but

Ill join the "stuttering" club. Have been driving me crazy.. Glad i'm not the only one. My game also run at 60 fps and random stuttering happen. Looks and feels bad. Can't release a game with that.

Happen both at gs viewer and ad hoc build.

I noticed it at the same point in the game. But been back on13.33 lately so can't really help with specifics.

@freneticz said:

I use the fix to the CoM that is specific to creator 1.24.42. :(

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    edited February 2016

I 'm not experiencing this at all? (Stutter/Collision issues)
    What tool are you using to generate the poly shape?
    I use PhysicsEditor (the paid for version) as the other free tool had issues.
    https://www.codeandweb.com/physicseditor

@Valan said:

@freneticz said:

It is fixed in 1.25. Be patient they are working out many issues and are on the case. 1.25 is going to be a great build they just need time to sort out all the bugs. It's not easy to debug software like GS. Some bugs need a new technique to be implemented code wise.

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@Valan said:

@freneticz said:

It is fixed in 1.25. Be patient they are working out many issues and are on the case. 1.25 is going to be a great build they just need time to sort out all the bugs. It's not easy to debug software like GS. Some bugs need a new technique to be implemented code wise.

Thanks for the info. It's ok.

Not rushing, just wondered if I needed to wait a day or better to download and build in Xcode.
    Downloaded already.

• skottskott Member Posts: 172

@Toby said:
    I 'm not experiencing this at all? (Stutter/Collision issues)
    What tool are you using to generate the poly shape?
    I use PhysicsEditor (the paid for version) as the other free tool had issues.
    https://www.codeandweb.com/physicseditor

I also use PhysicsEditor. But are seeing the stuttering without using any custom collision.

It mostly look like a ram emptying or something like that, as it happen very random. Sometimes the game runs smooth and suddenly it all goes in stutter mode..

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

Is this during a scene or right after a scene change? Is there anything particular in your projects that seems to make it worse? We're always working on general improvements, but if there's a specific issue that we don't know about and don't have test projects that will allow us to duplicate it we can't be sure we'll catch it.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

To me it seems the stuttering started when the "slow motion" bug was fixed. Almost like the slowmo was replaced with the stuttering.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter