Game of the Month: February Submissions Thread

2»

Comments

• Terrellort_GamingTerrellort_Gaming Member Posts: 93

@slacker bob said:
    Pandora's Heroes - An easy PvZ style game with lots of different strategies and ships!! And this month only it is free on the App store, hope you enjoy it!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pandoras-heroes/id1067707522?ls=1&mt=8

Great game and graphics. This should win.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840
    edited February 2016

Best of luck this month.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

@gattoman
    interesting that apple approves religious / fun games
    its definitely a "setting" where we could take a lot of interesting narratives from

• dlaimdlaim Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2016

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Lycan said:
    Hi guys, I would like to submit our game Candy Bear for iOS. Hope you like it :)

@Lycan, you submitted Candy Bear in November. I'm afraid it cannot be submitted again, per the contest rules (point 5).

• NalycanNalycan Member, PRO Posts: 96

Hmm... don't think they mean literally last month, a later date would not do any difference would it? We´ll ask the judges o:)

Just got a word back from Braydon_SFX and he says that as long as this is our second time submitting "Candy Bear" its all good, a third time is a no go. So its all good ;)

edited February 2016

@Lycan said:
    Hmm... don't think they mean literally last month, a later date would not do any difference would it?

No, it doesn't mean literally last month -- it means in the previous GotM. I was partly the one who wrote the text of the rules -- at that point we weren't aware that we would be skipping a couple months, hence the wording.

That said, the important bit in point 5. is that you can only resubmit if your game was shortlisted.

@Lycan said:
    We´ll ask the judges o:)

What might be in your favour is the fact that the shortlist in November wasn't published, hence it is an open question, to be decided by this month's panel, what they want to do. That's ultimately by whom the decision will be made, so take what Braydon_SFX said with a grain of salt until confirmed by the panel. Just because it's the answer you want to hear doesn't make it true.

I only commented on your submission because I'll probably be on the panel this month, as I was in November, when you submitted first time, and so I remember playing it.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Right - Assuming your game was shortlisted, @Lycan, you can resubmit if this is your second time submitting. You also mentioned that you updated the levels and graphics (significant update), which is also another option for resubmitting under point 5. Sorry if that was not clear.

edited February 2016

@Braydon_SFX said:
    You also mentioned that you updated the levels and graphics (significant update), which is also another option for resubmitting under point 5.

If that is the case, then there is no problem, of course. The panel will consider these things once it gets together. I think we'll need to make that a bit clearer in the submission rules that in the case of such a re-submission it should be clearly identified and pointed out, so there are no misunderstandings. Also, it might be worth changing 'last month' to 'last GotM,' so it's a bit clearer from next month onwards.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited February 2016

@imjustmike said:
    @RabidParrot that feels, a bit, well, you know. Feels like you're really ripping off Dudolf

Who cares? I've never seen Dudolf. :D

@Braydon_SFX Oops! I wrote that before I saw that you asked them to take it elsewhere. :blush:

Good to hear. Just for the record our first submission was a Candy Bear halloween special edition named AngryBear. So technically it was not even the same game or code. Different characters, levels and gameplay, all halloween style. That makes this Candy Bear submission our 1-1/4 time :p

Anyway, great games everyone and may the best game win!

• DevirosDeviros Member, PRO Posts: 87
    edited February 2016

Since it doesn't appear to be closed yet, I'd like to submit Testament Creative's latest game: Dem's Bomb Bounce (hopefully @Braydon_SFX, this is ok with you =D), available for free on the ios app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dems-bomb-bounce/id964554770?ls=1&mt=8

Bombs! Bouncing! Explosions! Scores! Platform! Music!
    Dem’s Bomb Bounce has all these amazing things and more!
    How high can you – yes, you! – score in Dem’s Bomb Bounce‽ Score high and PROVE it in Game Center! Bounce away the hours while riding the subway, hailing a taxi, getting a haircut, or waiting for soccer players to get off the field after they’ve pretended to get hurt!
    Bounce, bounce, bounce… but if one bomb falls, it’s game over! Fortunately – trying again is as easy as pressing a button – no perma-death here!
    Dem’s Bomb Bounce – for all your bomb bouncing needs!

Thanks everyone! (And @Braydon_SFX and @pHghost for keeping the GOTM feature alive!)

App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dems-bomb-bounce/id964554770?ls=1&mt=8

• OrvilFoxOrvilFox Member Posts: 67

Thanks for keep GOTM open! @Braydon_SFX We were looking forward to participate but the waiting on review for the AppStore really took a long time. Now it's up there!

AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/huan-xiang-guo-jia-fantasy/id1050853585?ls=1&mt=8

Exciting national strategy game, the collection of political, military, diplomatic, scientific research, and cross-border story!

Features:

• Based on the real Europe with mysterious!
    • 10 featured main countries !
    • More than 20 regions can be conquered !
    • 7 major military units for every country and unique super-weapons !
    • 8 different characters commander !
    • 11 developments !
    • 10 national ultimate weapons !
    • Includes political, military, diplomatic, and many other topics, not limited to a single nature of the game !
    • Data calculated relatively close to the reality, parts of the national report have valuable information !
    • Cross-border story ! Not only the players could reproduce the historical moment, but also the unknown novelty !
    • No qualitative outcome, the future of the new Europe in your hands !

Background:
    The game is developed and wrote entirely by a 17 years old indie developer and his team with an average age of 16, mainly high school students, from all around the world- United States, China, Philippines, Japan. With more than 6 months of hard works, the game was finally released.

The updates:
    We understand, Fantasy Nations as our first game, we might have some bugs need to be fixed and, this is not a "solid" game. The updates will come with new characters, countries, stories and even more!

Public donation:
    We are wishing for that, using part of our revenue that made by advertisements, donate to international organizations, helping to solve the problems of refugees all around the world. To provide them better living and homes. We are also wishing to donate part our revenue to Red Cross to help the people who need it.

"You save the world of Fantasy Nations, we will save the real world together."

Hi everyone,

The panelists for this month will be @pHghost, @ForumNinja, @alex9876, @dgackey, & @Hopscotch! If you submitted a paid game, please be sure to send each panelist a promo code if you want it to be considered for GOTM. I've also added this information to the original post of this thread.

We will close this thread tomorrow (2/18/16)! Make sure you get your submissions in by then!

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

All Squares is the second of my neon themed games....

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app/all-squares/id1024143495?mt=8

Thank-you

Hey everyone,

Lots of great entries this month!

A couple of notes for entrants:

Most of the panel usually has only one mobile device to play on (usually iOS). Because of this, it is very helpful to create a gameplay video showcasing your app the best you can, especially if your game is Android only. While games on one platform are not disqualified (that wouldn't be nice), it still might put them at a disadvantage if there isn't an in-depth video -- and really it should be straight gameplay, rather than a standard promotional video, we're trying to see what your app plays like, not your advertising skills. The other option is to (even temporarily) publish the game to the Arcade for us to try. @RedHand @pokapola

@zweg25 We're closing the thread today, so if Apple approves your app, make sure to submit it! Otherwise, no worries -- there'll be another GotM next month.

@Smite What is the difference between the two versions? Without promo codes we will likely be testing the Lite version. If it's the same in gameplay, but with ads, no need to worry about it, but if the full version had more functions etc. it might be worth sending the panel promo codes (by PM), so we review the best version out there.

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to this!

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

@pHghost it is in review! My fingers are crossed!!!!!

• RedHandRedHand Peterborough, onMember Posts: 17

@pHghost my game would be a huge pain to play in the arcade because of the way the game plays. So I'll just have to post a video of game play, should I just post the video in this discussion?

• RedHandRedHand Peterborough, onMember Posts: 17

Barricade Z addicting gameplay
    warning this game can make you very angry at times

Arcade/action

@pHghost , @ForumNinja , @alex9876 , @dgackey , @Hopscotch

Cheers for that!

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

Still in review, my fingers are still crossed

• DevirosDeviros Member, PRO Posts: 87

Here's a full gameplay video of Dem's Bomb Bounce in case any of the judges don't have an iOS device! Please ignore the 'email received' notification that just so happened to go off right as I started recording the screen =/

I'm bring this month's submissions to a close. Thanks for all of the fantastic games submitted! As always, keep your eyes peeled in early next month when we announce the winner!

This discussion has been closed.