Your app is using an unsafe implementation of the X509TrustManager

Comments

• dipenambaliadipenambalia Member, PRO Posts: 12

totally effed! have made some 90 apps and now this trouble :(

• pfff and what do we do now!
    your software is the worst I've used, what's the solution for this problem ???????
    2 pages and no solution !

• me too, i cancel my suscription, it's not possible to work with this software......
    Big scam !!! 29$/month for what ...only to get your app delete on the store after few weeks ......many bug on windows...many problems on windows....I do not understand why I paid for buggy software

• diogoredindiogoredin Member Posts: 50

GS still a good software. Although it should have evolved much more to keep up with competitors. It was state of the art 5 years ago.

I just hope this doesn't kill GS...

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited February 2016

dont panic that hard guys i am sure they have an official solution/statement quickly

also google play gave us 2.5 months time to fix it

We would anyways need to update them once a while to get the newest advertising sdks up to date

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

@GEHMR
    You did just update your game a couple of days ago with the newest build.
    Did you do an update or a new game launch?
    Do you still have no warning for it? (as you mentioned it doesn't got it anymore)

• Triangularity GamesTriangularity Games Founder/Owner MarylandMember Posts: 140

POSSIBLE TEMPORARY SOLUTION...I republuished all of my apps old and new and the error has not shown for the new versions. I dont know if this will change but 24 hours without the error has been relieving.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited February 2016

For everyone coming to this thread late, we think we have a solution to this problem:

This is an issue with the APK generated for your apps so we can't automagically fix the issue retroactively for you. You will need to republish your apps.

Publishing your app with any version of 1.24 and regenerating should fix this problem.

On the app generation servers we tie all version of 1.24 to the same 1.24 binaries. We patched 1.24 to get rid of this error by removing some third party libraries that we no longer need.

As @Triangularity Games noted, please clear out the notifications before updating your binary as they seem to stick around even after you update.

If you are not currently a Pro member, you need but subscribe to Pro for the month and update your app.

The reason GameSalad is a subscription software / SaaS is because of this very situation. Between sudden changes to store policies, new OSes, and new devices, developing and updating the GameSalad engine is a continual process.

Our general policy is to only patch the latest version of GS. In this case, we know that there are many users that can't upgrade to 1.24 for various reasons, so we are also patching versions 0.13.33 and 0.13.47 with the same fix.

"clear out the notifications"?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@diogoredin

@Triangularity Games said:
    UPDATE: After republishing all of my games, the error was still there, but for the previous version of the apps. I went to the alerts page and dismissed all instances of the error. With the newly published versions, SO FAR, the error doesn't seem to be there. I will update if the error comes back with the newly republished versions. (I did not change anything within gamesalad; I just re-generated the same exact app and republished it to google play) Hopefully this helps :smiley:

Thanks. But Google Play must run checks as batches on cron.

• ghermans1ghermans1 Member Posts: 23

@adent42 said:

The reason GameSalad is a subscription software / SaaS is because of this very of situation. Between sudden changes to store policies, new OSes, and new devices, developing and updating the GameSalad engine is a continual process.

It is because of this very situation that I stopped using GameSalad... no control over my apps should there be sudden changes to policies or upgrades. Having to rely on your team to fix my problems was tedious and after months of trying there was no resolution or recommendation for solution. I would keep telling my users that a solution was in the works... but I was really just waiting on you guys. I couldn't get my apps to work on older iOS and Android versions without crashing... nothing I could do to fix it. I just finished recreating my GS apps with other solutions, so I guess the timing of this worked out.

• GEHMRGEHMR Member, PRO Posts: 6

So I received an email stating I had the issue blah blah blah at 12:30pm eastern today so when I got home I checked it out and it still looks ok? So maybe the email was referring to yesterday. Just to be clear ...I did an update of a game previously in the google store not a new game.

• aimer_s19aimer_s19 Member, PRO Posts: 10

@adent42
    Sir, I'm using windows creator v 1.0.0 If I update my app will this warning be removed?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@aimer_s19 said:
    @adent42
    Sir, I'm using windows creator v 1.0.0 If I update my app will this warning be removed?

Check the About box to verify the actual version you are using. Help->About

The Windows version automatically updates so you probably have 1.24.x.x

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited February 2016

Once APK is updated (and processed) log out and log back in to see the Warning Notifications in the Android developer window disappear.
    Sorted. (thx GS staff)

• Triangularity GamesTriangularity Games Founder/Owner MarylandMember Posts: 140
    edited February 2016

I believe my solution has worked, at least temporarily. I know it sucks to have to republish all of your games, but its an opportunity to get the latest sdk's into your build. Everybody has been very supportive on resolving this issue. :smile:

I've build my games on 0.10.5 - all works fine.

Loading on the new 1.24... all fail.

Clicks don't work

Images don't load...

Lua erros, "attempt to compare string with number", etc

Well, nothing seems to works...

$%&/"#$%

• drizzlingdrizzling Member, PRO Posts: 101

My game experiences some bug issues in 1.24. Was wondering if republish my game with 1.24, will my game be having theses issues?

I'm actually waiting on 1.25 to come out so that I can publish without these current bug issues in 1.24.

Really appreciate if 1.25 wouldn't come out in May... Mayb game salad can release 1.24.3 that fixed some major bugs...if 1.25 is gonna take long...At least to get rid of the the buggy issues of 1.24.2..

I wouldn't want to republish my game now.. Am worried the current bug will actually 'spoil' my game..

Not even "actor overlap or collides" was working.
    Changed boolean on "movable". Now works.
    First error solved.

Is there any list of things we have to change when upgrading?

Anyway, this should be compatible BY DEFAULT! :(

Second error found: previously we could use text from tables as numbers, now we have to declare the col as integer.

I will be here all night...

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
    edited February 2016
  • ElectroFoxElectroFox Member, PRO Posts: 22

@adent42 said:

Our general policy is to only patch the latest version of GS. In this case, we know that there are many users that can't upgrade to 1.24 for various reasons, so we are also patching versions 0.13.33 and 0.13.47 with the same fix.

Is windows version 0.13.40 be fixed too? Or it has to be 0.13.33 or 0.13.47
    If windows 0.13.40 gonna be fixed, please let us know when patching is done.

Thanks

• omiwebdesignomiwebdesign Member, PRO Posts: 69

So weird. I have the same issue and did what @GeorgeGS said above. I just updated my GameSalad to the latest version and generated and uploaded a new build. Still I get the same error in Google Play :( Any real solution already? Or should I just try again?

• omiwebdesignomiwebdesign Member, PRO Posts: 69

Sorry, my mistake. It still gives the warning (for APK version 1). But like @Triangularity said, you can dismiss these alerts on the alert page and the warning symbol next to your app will disappear.

• 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    edited February 2016

@adent42 said:

Publishing your app with any version of 1.24 and regenerating should fix this problem.

but that adds new problems: in the current version of 1.24 tables write/display behavior doesn't work, so pretty much all my games are broken...

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited February 2016

When it gives the warning, my games used 1.24.40, I republished it with 1.24.40. Warning goes away with new apk but -but- fps performance decreased, it is big disappointment.

Also I didn't republish amazon version of this game and it use 12.24.40, its performance is great.

How is it possible? What did you change it?

I can send you googleplay apk(or gs file) and amazon. You can see the difference. Both of them use 12.24.40

@GeorgeGS

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• 7brownjack7brownjack Member, PRO Posts: 24

Can anyone tell me if I republish using the new software it's going to affect my game in the way @68kStudios has said?

@adent42

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@7brownjack it might stutter and the performance might drop , but id say try it first , publish an apk and test it if the performance is really affecting your game , wait for the next release , you have till may I think

• drizzlingdrizzling Member, PRO Posts: 101

Just a reminder and update to user who may not use gamesalad/quit gamesalad..

The latest version of gamesalad has got issues with tables cell value and when update your game using 1.24.2, ur release game have a high possiblitly encountering these issues. (I tried adhoc n experience this issues in android and iOS)

I agree with @Icebox1910, if possible, to wait a new game salad version(they are working hard to release this new version..) Especially if your game uses a lot of rules from tables..you wouldn't want a perfectly fine game to have bugs just because of this google play warning..