Vectradius is now on the app store!

13»

Comments

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@owen_dennis said:

@Crazybreadman said:
    Wow, #88 in games as of now… right on! I bet that will climb in the next couple days too. Well then, I'm downloading it now so we'll just see how good this game is. ;)

Wow cool! I just looked it up and took a screen cap.

Yeah please download it, check it out, leave a rating and review maybe... ;)

Awesome! I appreciate you sharing some of your numbers, very few people here have been featured so it helps to know what that exposure looks like.

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236
    edited April 2016

@BazookaTime said:

@owen_dennis said:

@Crazybreadman said:
    Wow, #88 in games as of now… right on! I bet that will climb in the next couple days too. Well then, I'm downloading it now so we'll just see how good this game is. ;)

Awesome! I appreciate you sharing some of your numbers, very few people here have been featured so it helps to know what that exposure looks like.

No problem. Being open about experiences can only help others. We're all trying to do the same thing right? I can try and maybe post a screenshot of what the sales trends etc look like next week sometime.

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    edited April 2016

@owen_dennis said:

@Crazybreadman said:

Done and done buddy. Having fun with it too! I'm sorta getting better at it but my god it's frakin' crazy. Best of luck this weekend with sales and hope you get on that top 100 overall app list soon (I think you will)!

Edit: My best so far is 21040 (I got a little buddy!)… well better get back to working on my own game.

@Crazybreadman said:

@owen_dennis said:

@Crazybreadman said:

Done and done buddy. Having fun with it too! I'm sorta getting better at it but my god it's frakin' crazy. Best of luck this weekend with sales and hope you get on that top 100 overall app list soon (I think you will)!

Thanks! That'd be SO crazy. I just saw that it's now 86 in games overall and 32 in the action category. So cool!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@owen_dennis I still cant get the game but from what iv seen its pretty amazing, and i love how its growing you really deserve it ! good luck def going to download it as soon as i get my device! wish you the best

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Super fun game! By the way... Watching Regular Show right now! Love that too lol

edited April 2016

Well it looks like I've gone down the app store rankings a bit. Oh well. It could still go back up with some more marketing maybe. Either way, yesterday's numbers were twice what they were the day before, which is very interesting. This has been so fun!

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@owen_dennis said:
    Well it looks like I've gone down the app store rankings a bit. Oh well. It could still go back up with some more marketing maybe. Either way, yesterday's numbers were twice what they were the day before, which is very interesting. This has been so fun!

Sorry to hear it's going down the rankings, but you got a couple more days to turn that around :)
    Looking forward to your report on the downloads!

Chances are even if your rank is down you're still getting more downloads since it's the weekend. The chart is just more competitive on weekends from my experience.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2016

Yeah man keep at it, I had a game of mine hit number 1 in the action chart last year, not the full chart though it hit like 350 in that, was just an xmas game though so you only get a month of interest, you could do with a cool trailer for the game and stick it on YouTube this would be a different one hat what you would do for the AppStore though

edited April 2016

New tilt calibration just went live! Check it out and leave a star or review if you can. All the stars and ratings get wiped from the first page of your app whenever there's an update. :(

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vectradius/id1095781221

edited April 2016

Hey, yeah I think if you update a review it will show up again on the first page so I can do that for you! Wanna check out how it handles with the update :) btw how were your numbers the past few days? Also if you have an android device could you check out my game, ElectShun Day? I just released it on Amazon App Store today!
    amazon.com/gp/product/B01EFE6HTE

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

congrats bud! always nice to see GS games take off and get the proper exposure. best of luck with sales!

@Crazybreadman said:
    Hey, yeah I think if you update a review it will show up again on the first page so I can do that for you! Wanna check out how it handles with the update :) btw how were your numbers the past few days? Also if you have an android device could you check out my game, ElectShun Day? I just released it on Amazon App Store today!
    amazon.com/gp/product/B01EFE6HTE

Thank you! I don't have an android devices, but I can give you the graph for what happened when I launched the game:

Pretty cool!

Wow, that's great!

Today is the last day to be featured on the app store. Because of the update, that means reviews and star ratings were moved to the second page, making the thumbnail show only a few star ratings instead of the full 50+ that I have. So if you haven't left a review or a rating or even if you HAVE left a review or a rating, please do it! It's today is the last day that it will be the most effective.

Thanks so much for all the support everyone! This forum has been the most incredible, helpful place to get the game where it is now.

edited April 2016

@owen_dennis said:
    Today is the last day to be featured on the app store. Because of the update, that means reviews and star ratings were moved to the second page, making the thumbnail show only a few star ratings instead of the full 50+ that I have. So if you haven't left a review or a rating or even if you HAVE left a review or a rating, please do it! It's today is the last day that it will be the most effective.

Thanks so much for all the support everyone! This forum has been the most incredible, helpful place to get the game where it is now.

It is nice to see someone get some exposure and success, congrats! EDIT-I noticed my review never showed up, just rewrote and sent it again.

• swanyboyswanyboy Member Posts: 38

Did they tell you that a feature was coming before you're app went live?

@swanyboy said:
    Did they tell you that a feature was coming before you're app went live?

Nope. Just happened. I found out because @RossmanBrothersGames posted it in this thread.

• YeezyHypeBeastYeezyHypeBeast Member Posts: 60

Looks like someone was inspired by this game and got featured! Game called Circuroid on the AppStore is almost exactly like this and got featured

edited September 2016

Interesting @YeezyHypeBeast . Thanks for telling me! They've even got the electrical super laser thing. Can't really do anything about it I suppose, except maybe send them an email saying thanks for being fans.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited September 2016

@owen_dennis said:
    Can't really do anything about it I suppose . . . .

There would be no harm in contacting Apple and asking them to remove the copy, they can always say no, I'd say there were grounds for getting the app removed, you have prior art (your app predates the copy) and I'm petty sure copying is against the AppStore's terms and conditions, people seem happy to just left this stuff go, personally I'd get a lawyer to issue a cease and desist.

@owen_dennis said:
    . . . except maybe send them an email saying thanks for being fans.

I wouldn't contact them directly, imagine if their copy of your game takes off over the next few months and they make good money from your idea, I'm sure if you were to then attempt any kind of action your earlier contact ('saying thanks for being fans') would be used by their legal people to establish the idea that you were ok with their game at the time.