GameSalad

parrallax scrolling background

raciukas22raciukas22 Posts: 47Member, PRO

I know there are tutorials how to make parrallax and scrolling backgrounds in gamesalad. My question would it would it be possible to make it where if I click or scroll on ipad or iphone it scrolls to the side I swipe and touch instead of following an actor? are there any templates or tutorials that available? Many thanks.

Comments

  • RThurmanRThurman Posts: 2,755Member, Sous Chef, PRO

    Instead of using an actor (and a control camera behavior inside of that actor), you can directly control the camera's origin with a change attribute behavior (or a constrain attribute behavior).

    You might want to search the forums for an any tutorials on using camera origin.

  • raciukas22raciukas22 Posts: 47Member, PRO

    @RThurman said:
    Instead of using an actor (and a control camera behavior inside of that actor), you can directly control the camera's origin with a change attribute behavior (or a constrain attribute behavior).

    You might want to search the forums for an any tutorials on using camera origin.

    Thanks, I managed to do a parralax background. My questions would be if I include buttons forward and backward how do I make them fixed so they are always visible in the screen in the corner, because now when I start scrolling they stay behind and become invisible.

  • IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,400Member, PRO

    @raciukas22 said:

    now when I start scrolling they stay behind and become invisible.

    Go to layers create a layer and remove the tick to make it not scrollable . Add the actors that you want to keep on sceen to that layer

  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,314Member, BASIC
  • raciukas22raciukas22 Posts: 47Member, PRO

    @Icebox said:

    @raciukas22 said:

    now when I start scrolling they stay behind and become invisible.

    Go to layers create a layer and remove the tick to make it not scrollable . Add the actors that you want to keep on sceen to that layer

    Thanks again !! that really worked!!

  • raciukas22raciukas22 Posts: 47Member, PRO

    @jamie_c said:
    Here is a tutorial that demonstrates what @Icebox says if you need it:

    Thanks for this video link!

Sign In or Register to comment.