parrallax scrolling background

raciukas22raciukas22 Member, PRO Posts: 47

I know there are tutorials how to make parrallax and scrolling backgrounds in gamesalad. My question would it would it be possible to make it where if I click or scroll on ipad or iphone it scrolls to the side I swipe and touch instead of following an actor? are there any templates or tutorials that available? Many thanks.

Comments

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Instead of using an actor (and a control camera behavior inside of that actor), you can directly control the camera's origin with a change attribute behavior (or a constrain attribute behavior).

You might want to search the forums for an any tutorials on using camera origin.

• raciukas22raciukas22 Member, PRO Posts: 47

@RThurman said:
    Instead of using an actor (and a control camera behavior inside of that actor), you can directly control the camera's origin with a change attribute behavior (or a constrain attribute behavior).

You might want to search the forums for an any tutorials on using camera origin.

Thanks, I managed to do a parralax background. My questions would be if I include buttons forward and backward how do I make them fixed so they are always visible in the screen in the corner, because now when I start scrolling they stay behind and become invisible.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@raciukas22 said:

now when I start scrolling they stay behind and become invisible.

Go to layers create a layer and remove the tick to make it not scrollable . Add the actors that you want to keep on sceen to that layer

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Here is a tutorial that demonstrates what @Icebox says if you need it:

@Icebox said:

@raciukas22 said:

now when I start scrolling they stay behind and become invisible.

Go to layers create a layer and remove the tick to make it not scrollable . Add the actors that you want to keep on sceen to that layer

Thanks again !! that really worked!!

@jamie_c said:
    Here is a tutorial that demonstrates what @Icebox says if you need it:

Thanks for this video link!