Game of the Month: May Submissions Thread

Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
edited June 2016 in Announce Your Game!

Hey everyone!

Time for the next Game of the Month contest! We have announced the April winner - check it out here!

We are super excited to see this month's entries and are ready for being impressed; we're always amazed at the fantastic games and applications our community creates!

The panelists for this month will be announced shortly! We ask that if you submit a paid game, that you send each panelist a promo code at the end of the submissions so they can test and play your game.

We will be rotating panelists each month, so if you're interested in judging, please contact @ForumNinja.

The new revised rules for the GotM are below, there are some important changes (I've bolded some of the most critical), so make sure you read them thoroughly!

Reminders about how the Game of the Month contest works:

Submissions are open for approximately 15 days and will close around 10 p.m. Pacific Time Zone. Make sure you get your submission in before then!

This mid-month closure allows us to play all of the submissions, evaluate and post the winner and blog post by the beginning of the following month, just as the next contest gets opened for submissions. We will announce a shortlist of 5 games roughly one week after submissions close to keep the tension high. After making the final decision, we will contact the winner via email shortly after the thread is closed. Each winner will be asked to complete a Developer Questionnaire and we will use this information to create a blog post that promotes your awesomeness! Additionally, we will feature the Game of the Month in dedicated Forum, Facebook, Twitter, and GameSalad.com blog posts!

The panel may also award honorable mentions to games other than the winner. These can be awarded for beautiful graphics, superb gameplay, an innovative concept etc. Not all categories of honorable mentions have to be awarded every month -- this will be entirely up to the panel to decide, and the game to be awarded an honorable mention need not be selected from the shortlist only. The purpose of the honorable mentions will be to draw attention to exceptional apps, even if they might not be perfect in every single way (and thus not cut to be the GotM winner).

If all that wasn't enough, the GameSalad Team has generously offered to provide a $25 Amazon gift card or free month of Pro to the winner!

Submission Rules:

1. Your game must be complete and published to the AppStore or GameSalad Arcade! (We have to be able to play it to know if it is worthy of winning!)
  2. Just to be clear, this is not a post to simply "announce" an upcoming game.
  3. Please limit your entries to 1 app per person.
  4. Apps must be posted within this sticky thread in order for it to be considered for GotM.
  5. You can resubmit your app if you submitted it last month and it got shortlisted, but this can only be done once; you cannot submit it three months in a row. (You can also resubmit an app that's been entered in more than one GotM so long as it has had a significant update. The panel will decide whether the changes are substantial enough, and will disqualify and delete entries that have just had a minor tweak to get around this rule.)
  6. If possible, please include a Youtube gameplay/trailer video that shows the awesomeness of your game!
  7. If your submission is a paid app, we ask that you send a promo code to each of the panelists listed above.
  8. Although we are aware that there are hundreds of awesome games out there, we prefer that the game you submit was published in the last 6 months.

Contacting the Winner:

In order to be featured, winners will have one week to submit answers to a questionnaire (for us to create a sweet blog post about you).

Best of luck!

Braydon

Comments

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Minimal Maze

Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/minimal-maze/id1038091679

Minimal Maze is a minimalist puzzle game which is played by rotating the mazes.

Throughout all 63 levels, you will have to do plenty of mind exercises and think creatively while trying to merge the squares. The further you go up to the next levels, the more you will have to think over them – making it harder for you. Do not forget to think twice before moving into the Minimal Maze!

Let’s take a closer look at the toughest categories that are waiting for you:

Sharp – is a host for sections that has wheels with thorns you must avoid, which starts
    with mid-level difficulty and gets harder level-by-level.

Moon – Now you have more mobility to empower your gaming experience! Gravity has been decreased! One of the ways to pass these levels that forces you to think creatively is to be patient and wait for the right moment!

Up – Forget everything you have learned until now -- even your hand skills! Now that the gravity works upside-down!

What about music? Well-chosen melodies that suit our game with minimalist design are waiting for you!

We don’t know if we should mention; however, you only pay once! We don’t plan to add any in-app purchases absolutely, so you will be able to have the future levels for free!

And 100% INDIE!

There is ‘one more thing’ we should mention; the game is exclusive for IOS

We don’t have publishers or investors. Thank you for all your support!

I’d love if you’d check it out.

Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/minimal-maze/id1038091679

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    edited May 2016

Auto-Bahn - Can you go the distance?

Auto-Bahn is a retro racing game, featuring vertical parallax scrolling roads, crazy power-ups and frantic survival gameplay. Can you be the one to travel the greatest distance?

Submit you're score to the world rankings on Game-Centre to see if you're the top on the Auto-Bahn leader board. Alternatively, you can tweet your score and challenge your friends.

No banners, no video ads, just simple pick-up and play gaming without the ad breaks!

View and download the game here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-bahn/id1073419971?mt=8

@Braydon_SFX, @SOUS CHEF, @BOWLBOY SIDEKICK msg me for promo codes.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@Toby said:
    Auto-Bahn is a retro racing game, featuring vertical parallax scrolling roads, crazy power-ups and frantic survival gameplay. Can you be the one to travel the greatest distance?

You forgot the link to the store(s)

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478

fixed

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Like the look of your game @onelasttime :)

• OrvilFoxOrvilFox Member Posts: 67

Woah, two neat games out there already.
    Nice graphics both of you! @Toby @onelasttime :)

• quattroquattro Member Posts: 66

Jump. Now!
    Jump. Now! is a one button platform game. Trust your instincts and reflexes to pass each levels. The only thing you need is to tap the screen and jump over obstacles. Beware! Completing the levels will require your skills and attention! While playing, collect coins and unlock new balls. Compete with friends for top scores!!

It's free on the App Store!
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1071727161

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

These submissions are looking really strong already!

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

I'd like to resubmit Vectradius:

Vectradius is a fast paced, tongue-in-cheek, circle based shooter! Tilt to swing your Vectradian ship around the edge of the circle while blasting Vectovillians back to the 1980’s! NO IN APP PURCHASES. This is an old school style game. Your skill is what takes you to the top of the leaderboards, not your money.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vectradius/id1095781221

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674

In ElectShun! play as Trump or Clinton to compete in a contest of skill and hard-headedness. Swipe left or right to whack away opposing ballots with your head. But don't go all crazy and whack away your own votes. Build up your combo meter to unleash your special laser attack. Rack up the most votes and you can haz presidency!

• Play as ridonculous bobble head versions of Trump or Clinton
    • Develop important life skills like shooting lasers from your eyes
    • Frantic gameplay that tests the very limits of human ability

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/electshun!-trump-vs.-hillary/id1109033170?ls=1&mt=8

• Pasttaga-KunPasttaga-Kun Member, PRO Posts: 8

A horde of strange cyborgs-cats with surprising capacity would devour the poor Granny's goldfish... But Grandmother and her impressive arsenal is decided well to repel the attack by massacring and disintegrating all the invaders !
    Do you squeeze of size in front of devil bat-cat androïd ?

Good luck, and get ready to live a nightmare ! A game for skilled gamers !

This game is called "1000 Machines", An arcade shoot game, available on the Appstore : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1000-machines/id835915037
    There is a trailer on this link ;)
    If someone want to try it, please give me a 5 star review on the appstore even if you don't like my game, that would be nice ^^

Thx everyone !

• raciukas22raciukas22 Member, PRO Posts: 47

My new game. Its for small children again. There are many tasks to explore!!

Link to itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/safari-park-counting-numbers/id1107421790?mt=8

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Brick Breaker Farm Rescue

Trouble is brewing down on Candy Creek Farm - the water is polluted and the animals are becoming crazed mutants! It's now the job of one brave chicken to save the day, clear up the farm and breakout all of his farmyard friends!

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brick-breaker-farm-rescue/id1112558531?mt=8
    Google: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chopperkhan.brickbreaker&hl=en_GB

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

@DigiChain said:
    Brick Breaker Farm Rescue

Trouble is brewing down on Candy Creek Farm - the water is polluted and the animals are becoming crazed mutants! It's now the job of one brave chicken to save the day, clear up the farm and breakout all of his farmyard friends!

I think we have the winner :)
    Very awesomely polished and cool game

@gamevicci said:
    Very awesomely polished and cool game

Thanks @gamevicci.
    I've just been alerted to an issue with iOS version of the game so that'll be pulled until I get a fix through!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2016

WHATS GOING ON HERE
    The level of quality of this submission all across the board is really high to excellent.
    It feels like this competition just stepped two or three levels up.

edited May 2016

@DigiChain said:
    I've just been alerted to an issue with iOS version of the game so that'll be pulled until I get a fix through!

iOS version is now live again. Orientation bug fixed!
    Brick Breaker Farm Rescue iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brick-breaker-farm-rescue/id1112558531?mt=8

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Fantastic looking submissions this month! GameSalad really need to start showing off more of these games! There have been some amazing looking games submitted since GoTM restarted!

• 8bitninja8bitninja Member Posts: 367

Great looking games everyone. I don't envy the judges this month.

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited May 2016

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle is an easy to play but challenging, action driven puzzle platformer That embarks you on an exciting rolling journey. Help Daddy Turtle to save his baby in 5 fantastic worlds! That's Rolling!

Here is the preview video that will appear on the Appstore (30 seconds)

Roll Turtle will be released on Thursday, May 19, 2016 on the iTunes AppStore, as a premium title at the price of $2.99.

when iTunes app store Link is available, it will be here.

Roll Turtle

game features:
    • Casual gameplay combining platformer, puzzles, and challenging with innovative level design.
    • 5 different worlds with 100+ truly unique levels and boss level.
    • Intuitive and Easy to understand controls, Touch then roll!
    • Super cute characters, but beware of the progressive difficulty that has a challenge for everyone!
    • Memorable, fun and unique soundtrack, with a different theme for each world!
    • No iap, No ads, with the progress of the game to unlock everything.
    • Universal app optimized for iPhones, iPods and iPads.
    • Achievements & Leaderboards.

Awards and Exhibitions

• WINNER of the 4C Digital Design Award
    • WINNER of the Bahamut Indie Game Award
    • Selected at Taipei Game Show Indie Game Award Top 10 Game
    • Selected at Tokyo Game Show Indie game area
    • Selected at Casual Connect Asia Indie Game Prize

Here are some animated gifs (iPod Touch 5) & screenshots (iPad)

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

Roll Turtle

You can get more info from Roll Turtle website.
    web site: http://rollturtle.strikingly.com
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RollTurtle
    twitter: https://twitter.com/kirafuRyu

--
    Kira Fu

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Game Over

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

... no point in anyone submitting now til next month...

Congrats Kira Fu :)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

And we have a winner. :P

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

Easy there guys :)

It's one thing to bow at the temple of Roll Turtle, but another to discourage all of the other great entries this month. I think the real winner here is GameSalad because this is a super strong month of entries.

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278

I will not submit any game here when Roll Turtle is here :) great work @kirafu .. Well but others I appreciate the level of work and quality of games.. they are getting better and better..

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Do remember, you can get shortlisted and then resubmit next month. Think of the honor having been shortlisted (and mentioned!) next to Roll Turtle! All the random people coming to the Forums once Roll Turtle gets famous will see your own game right next to it! ;)

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

I think that the great quality of games that have been popping up lately is not just a reflection of the awesome developers that have made (kudos!!!) but also the strides GS has made in the last 6 months to a year! There was a time that GS was in a but of rut and if you look at games made then and compare them with general quality of games now there has been a marked change. Its that the community has changed, it hasn't I think and support within here is amazing but rather that GS an engine has made improvements and there is greater support and feedback from GS itself. It makes a world of difference and it is beginning to show! GREAT WORK GUYS!

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

Thank you guys for your positive comments.

I'm sorry I can't update my post,
    Roll Turtle is officially released on the App Store,
    it's an easy to play but challenging, action driven puzzle platformer That embarks you on an exciting rolling journey. Help Daddy Turtle to save his baby in 5 fantastic worlds! That's Rolling!

Available on the App Store now:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id985077390

Once again,thank you

This discussion has been closed.