GameSalad

Free Level Editor

1235»

Comments

• firaxofiraxo Posts: 11Member

Awesome amazing, and enjoy

• Twayne2Twayne2 Posts: 125Member, PRO
    edited December 2017

So what exactly does this do in comparison to the GS creator? Is it a separate download? Has it been integrated in the GS creator? And why did this topic rise up to the top of the announcements section? Lol. :smile:

• JapsterJapster Posts: 542Member, PRO
    edited December 2017

@Twayne2 said:
    So what exactly does this do in comparison to the GS creator? Is it a separate download? Has it been integrated in the GS creator? And why did this topic rise up to the top of the announcements section? Lol. :smile:

@Twayne2 - It's simple! :smile: It's a GREAT tool (yep, a separate downloadable desktop app), by a dedicated user @Manto , for EASILY creating and modifying GS levels / layouts in existing projects - uses your GS project file to show actors, levels, etc, and modify / copy levels and actors to your heart's content - then writes directly back into your project to update it!... ...it has ZOOM, SNAP TO GRID, copy / paste, lots of great functions that should really be in GS - fantastic and FREE, a great community tool, and hugely appreciated!

Oh - and a fresh comment will always bring a topic to the top of the list, as this one will now do! :smile:

• Twayne2Twayne2 Posts: 125Member, PRO

Ok, thanks! :smile:

• jay2dxjay2dx Posts: 604Member, PRO

I love this level editor, just saying :) it’s a god send guys, been using it for the last 6 months

• MantoManto Posts: 790Member

@jay2dx said:
    I love this level editor, just saying :) it’s a god send guys, been using it for the last 6 months

Woah, that's a long time! :smiley:

Any feedback? What do you like/hate the most? Is something missing?

• jay2dxjay2dx Posts: 604Member, PRO

@Manto said:

@jay2dx said:

Woah, that's a long time! :smiley:

Any feedback? What do you like/hate the most? Is something missing?

There’s lots missing but it’s free, I mainly use it for tile placement and that’s it really! It’s just so much faster having snap to grid and a sort of tile placement tool, just give it a try :)

What I tend to do is fill my scene with every tile the level will require within GS so I can then just duplicate them around the level using the level editor, make sure you have your tiles sorted into the required layers first in GS though,

1235»