Social media options?

Game FactoryGame Factory Member Posts: 34

Can you have options like "follow blank on twitter for 500 coins" in your game?

Comments

• ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

I would be interested to know as well :) This social media thing is alien to me

• Game FactoryGame Factory Member Posts: 34

@ohtukrw guess noone is going to tell us lol

edited July 2016

@Game Factory said:
    @ohtukrw guess noone is going to tell us lol

Gamesalad's moguls don't like to share their marketing secrets with basement indies :-D

@ohtukrw i guess if noone tells us one way we could do it is this: have a thing that says "follow blank on twitter for 500 coins" and make it to where if they click the link to the twitter or whatever site you want they automatically get +500 coins. They would still get the coins even if they didnt actually follow when theyre there but most people would still follow because they wouldnt know that. would have to make it to where they can only click once tho because they could exploit it and get unlimited coins or whatevr youre using

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Twitter you can post (including an image) if you have the pro membership.

Facebook they are trying to get right at the moment. It was in a test version a while back...

@smurfted so how would i go about that?

@Game Factory said:
    @smurfted so how would i go about that?

There is some info on my thread
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92666/is-it-possible-to-set-up-a-referral-strategy-marketing#latest

People mentioned that the award systems are only possible with additional server programming scripts. So you would need to host + pay for the script.
    I would assume that tweet sheet works more as a voluntary engagement from player's side.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

I used to do a button in game that when you push it, it pops up a box saying:

Post your high score to @ NNTERPRISES and recieve free points or something

Then if they posted it, I messaged them a code to type in in game which game them points.

Or you can do if you push the twitter button it gives you points but only once

But in conclusion, there's not an easy way to KNOW if someone followed you through your game using gamesalad