Images on actors appearing as white boxes on preview

I am exhausted from searching around the web with no solution to this. I am just running through a simple tutorial just to get the hang out of this program. I am really liking it, although now I am stuck on this problem. The problem is that the images I put on actors, show up as a white box (any other colour depending on how I change the actor) on preview.
Here is a picture outside the preview.

Here is a picture inside the preview. As you see, it doesn't appear correctly.

I really need help as I am running the trial, and that my decision to purchase this or not has not been decided yet. That's why I need this fixed asap.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You may have already seen this (I Googled white box gamesalad) but it suggests there may be a problem with the naming of the image files:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/49834/white-boxes-where-actor-should-be

If you can't solve it, upload your project file to a file-sharing site (e.g. Dropbox, MediaFire) and post the download link here so we can take a look.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• aadneleirdalaadneleirdal Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2016

@tatiang said:
    You may have already seen this (I Googled white box gamesalad) but it suggests there may be a problem with the naming of the image files:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/49834/white-boxes-where-actor-should-be

If you can't solve it, upload your project file to a file-sharing site (e.g. Dropbox, MediaFire) and post the download link here so we can take a look.

The naming should be fine, especially since I followed the tutorial of gamesalads basic game correctly. I also tried starting new projects with the same error, i'll submit the project I am mainly working on:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?k2pe2ee11qjirdu

edited August 2016

It's Sunday so this thread might be your best bet for now but tomorrow, I'd recommend contacting GameSalad Support by using the blue chat icon (question mark) at the bottom right of the forums page.

I have a hunch this is something specific to Windows Creator as I haven't experienced it on the Mac. There are things that will cause this that occur if you are renaming actor images using Change Attribute, especially when tables are concerned, but you're not doing anything that complicated.

Here it is converted to Mac in case anyone else has a chance to check it out.

Edit: one issue is that your Ground actor has a Collide rule with no actor type selected. That can cause problems with behavior/rule evaluation. When that rule is on, the Ground actor does not appear during preview. When I turn that rule off, the Ground actor appears properly.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    It's Sunday so this thread might be your best bet for now but tomorrow, I'd recommend contacting GameSalad Support by using the blue chat icon (question mark) at the bottom right of the forums page.

I have a hunch this is something specific to Windows Creator as I haven't experienced it on the Mac. There are things that will cause this that occur if you are renaming actor images using Change Attribute, especially when tables are concerned, but you're not doing anything that complicated.

Here it is converted to Mac in case anyone else has a chance to check it out.

Edit: one issue is that your Ground actor has a Collide rule with no actor type selected. That can cause problems with behavior/rule evaluation. When that rule is on, the Ground actor does not appear during preview. When I turn that rule off, the Ground actor appears properly.

I contacted them but forgot that they probably won't answer since it's Sunday today. Thanks for trying to help by the way, and yeah I fixed the colliding right after I posted this so yeah.

I believe this has to be an issue with some of my specs. As I have reinstalled and tried everything I could to make this issue disappear. I asked my friend to try install it and it works perfectly for him. I dunno if it's a driver issue but I downloaded the newest one which did not work. Should I just uninstall the drivers to factory?

I wish I had more experience with Windows and could answer that but I don't know. Hopefully GS Support can assist you...

edited August 2016

@tatiang said:
    I wish I had more experience with Windows and could answer that but I don't know. Hopefully GS Support can assist you...

They have given me two ways to solve this which so far has not worked yet.. They asked me to update my drivers which did not work, then they asked me for my dxdiag which I am still waiting for an answer

Also I completely understand that you can't help me with this issue, I believe this has to be OS or driver related issue.

I do NOT know the logic behind this but when I made a new windows account (basically switch user on this computer since it is windows 10) just to check for the sake of it if it worked. And it did. I do NOT know why this is working on a different account than this one. It is triggering me and I really want to know WHY.