Ball Bliss - (New arcade game with balls)

WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72
edited August 2016 in Announce Your Game!

Removing the post due to negative feedbacks

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

You basically copied everything from the original game whats the point :)

• WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2016

@Icebox said:
    You basically copied everything from the original game whats the point :)

Free to play : 3

• Football20Football20 Member Posts: 24

Looks great! will check it out :)

@Football20 said:
    Looks great! will check it out :)

Thank you :)

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

Also check out the original to give the guy credit for working so hard
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92859/rainbow-infinity-released-ios

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited August 2016

////

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2016

That's ... interesting. :o

I'm not angry or anything, I just don't get the point of this. Why would you invest time in making such a terrible clone of my game instead of doing something productive with your time? You've basically stolen my game, made it look and feel terrible and slapped ads on it - to earn a few bucks with something you've invested neither brain nor heart in. I think that's pitiful - nothing else.

edited August 2016

@Hoodloc said:

I'm not angry or anything, I just don't get the point of this. Why would you invest time in making such a terrible clone of my game instead of doing something productive with your time? You've basically stolen my game, made it look and feel terrible and slapped ads on it - to earn a few bucks with something you've invested neither brain nor heart in. I think that's pitiful - nothing else.

100% agree.

What's also depressing for developers is the speed at which your IP can be stolen, cloned and sold by someone else as their own work. :/

It was less than a week (in fact 3 days) between your release of Rainbow Infinity and your work being cloned and sold under someone else's name.

@Hoodloc said:

Please dont feel bad, i did it because your one was only at ios store and paid. Also i am working on something inside it which will make a difference between it and rainbow infinity. Update will be within few days.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@WhitePanther said:

@Hoodloc said:

Please dont feel bad, i did it because your one was only at ios store and paid. Also i am working on something inside it which will make a difference between it and rainbow infinity. Update will be within few days.

Wow.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@WhitePanther said:

I don't know how you can even justify your actions , this is unethical. You even dare to post this on GS forums right after the release of the original game. Even if it doesn't make the original developer angry it would still make us developers feel insecure on showing our work in Gamesalad forums, cause we have members like you that don't mind stealing a game. Paid or free version you still dont copy a game and release it this way. Its okay to be inspired by a game and take ideas from them , but not to copy the whole mechanic + graphics and make a terrible clone. This just earns you bad reputation + bad rating.

• Evan12Evan12 Member Posts: 2

Cool game!

@WhitePanther said:
    Please dont feel bad, i did it because your one was only at ios store and paid.

Translation:

I noticed a couple of days after you'd released your app that you hadn't as yet uploaded an Android version to either Amazon or Google Play, so seeing an opportunity to make some money for myself by stealing your hard work I quickly cloned your game and uploaded it as my own work before you had the chance to do so yourself.

@Icebox said:
    You even dare to post this on GS forums right after the release of the original game.

Yep, I also find that bizarre, not only stealing someone else's work but then promoting it on the same forum it was stolen from ! He may as well have posted it in Hoodloc's orginal thread !

@Icebox said:
    Even if it doesn't make the original developer angry it would still make us developers feel insecure on showing our work in Gamesalad forums, cause we have members like you that don't mind stealing a game.

Absolutely, this is the sole reason I've avoided work-in-progress threads, although it would be great to get feedback and encouragement on the projects you are working on, you have to balance that with the very real threat that there are people out there who will steal months of hard work from you without a thought.

If Hoodloc's work can be copied and sold by someone else as their own work just three days after its release, then there's every possibility that with a work-in-progress thread - going on for a few weeks or months - your work can be copied and uploaded before you manage to upload it yourself (this happened with Ridiculous Fishing, it was ripped off and uploaded before RF managed to get their orginal out to the app stores).

@Icebox said:
    This just earns you bad reputation + bad rating.

I'd say there were grounds for this thread being removed, it's promoting the theft of a fellow GS user's work, but maybe we need threads like this to remind us of the risks involved in sharing work.

If I was Hoodloc I'd issue a DCMA.

edited August 2016

@Socks said:
    I'd say there were grounds for this thread being removed, it's promoting the theft of a fellow GS user's work, but maybe we need threads like this to remind us of the risks involved in sharing work.

Before making the game i contacted one of the admin asking if it violates any policy. And it does not. I only copied the idea/concept. The artworks and materials are mine.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284

@Socks said:

Looking into it right now.

edited August 2016

@WhitePanther said:
    Before making the game i contacted one of the admin asking if it violates any policy. And it does not.

What 'policy' ? GameSalad's terms of service have nothing to do with IP law, if someone wants to sue you for copyright infringement it would have nothing to do with GameSalad or any company policies they might have.

Can you remember which admin you spoke to, and how the question was phrased ?

I'd say Hoodloc has good grounds to issue a DCMA, especially given the timing of his release and your copy as well your admission to having copied his work, I'm sure most reasonable people will see you are attempting cash in on his hard work.

@WhitePanther said:
    I only copied the idea/concept. The artworks and materials are mine.

You didn't use his circles, you drew your own circles ? You didn't use his pointy bars, you drew your own identical pointy bars ? :D

edited August 2016

@Hoodloc said:

@Socks said:

Looking into it right now.

I'd include screenshots of his admission of having copied your work, and of the thread appearing in the same forum as yours within just a few days, it'll all help put the claim in context

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@WhitePanther said:
    Removing the post due to negative feedbacks

You should also remove the game from any store you uploaded it to.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Sometimes our moral compass is effected by the coins in one pocket.