How to become rich and famous?

2»

Comments

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

I totally free with @Approw I'm moving to .exe platforms after I finish up my GS games, I have links with Sony so hopfully if I make something good is console worthy in the future I can export to that platform, with GS the only hope I have is steam green lighting then rebuilding my game for a .exe platform I do love GS though and it's simple use and learning curve

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Approw said:

If you create something that people will love, then they will write about it, and show it to friends and stuff. If you create something that apple will love, they will feature you (to higher your chances on the iOS appstore, create something that makes their devices look good).

There is a lot of competition out there if you're trying to be like these types of developers. That said, if you create a good game you probably still need to go to conventions, contact bloggers/vloggers and stuff to tell the world about your game, but advertising is out of the question if you're trying to be succesfull. I think that the most simple ingredient to be succesfull in game development, is to make something that you love, something you would play with passion. Remember, you are the weird guy that wants to make a game that doesn't exsist.

I agree and I think Kirafu is a good example of how to do it.

@kirafu How's it going?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

There is more to life than being rich and famous.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212

Ok @BigDave if you find the secret formula do a whistle... ;)
    I've been looking for it for Five years... :D

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

Hi @BigDave , when you talk about 300 daily impression an admob you mean from banners or interstitial?

Can I ask approximately how much it pays from 300 impression?

Thanks in advance!

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
  • BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited September 2016

man i wonder about these ecpms, look at second screenshoot.
    3500 ecpm it has 1 imprresion made 3.5
    sounds like something worth putting ads for in could result in huge return but then this values always change

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

@BigDave said:
    man i wonder about these excpms sometimes look at second shoot.
    3500 it has 1 imprresion made 3.5
    sounds liek something worth putting ads for in could result in huge return but then this values always change

eCPM doesn't work at low impressions. It's an estimated cost per 1000, and since you're being paid (I assume) by installs, when you get one impression and one install the eCPM looks ridiculously high as it assumes you'll continue to get 100% conversion. But get one more impression, and it'll be halved. It's why eCPM is only a shorthand.

• uk2014ulacolortvuk2014ulacolortv Member Posts: 1

Change your speciality to connected TV. Mobile is way overcrowded now and OTT is the industry growing incredibly fast. ColorTV can help you get discovered and start monetizing. Plus you get free analytics, so you can check if it's working for you :)

@uk2014ulacolortv said:

Change your speciality to connected TV. Mobile is way overcrowded now and OTT is the industry growing incredibly fast. ColorTV can help you get discovered and start monetizing. Plus you get free analytics, so you can check if it's working for you :)

Okay so check out: www.colorstv.com

Hey, our knowledgeable moderators, I think this is SPAM?

PS: Why does the Forum system keep telling me that " You don't have permission to do that." ?

Meaning post this complaint?

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I have an ebook called "Be rich in 5 easy steps!".
    Here is quick snippet for free:

Step 1: Ask your relative for a small million dollar loan.
    Step 5: Reap the Benefits and retire with your 40+ million.

It covers top secrets like Nigerian princes, lucky lotto numbers and great investment stock options.

Let me know if interested :smiley:

@Two.E said:
    I have an ebook called "Be rich in 5 easy steps!".
    Here is quick snippet for free:

Step 1: Ask your relative for a small million dollar loan.
    Step 5: Reap the Benefits and retire with your 40+ million.

It covers top secrets like Nigerian princes, lucky lotto numbers and great investment stock options.

Let me know if interested :smiley:

Did you buy this eBook, or are you selling it? :D

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@PhilipCC I love buying things, I also love selling things. And selling things often leads to people buying things. And thats a Fact you can take to the bank. Thanks for your interest!

edited October 2016

I tried stocks - better say forex - so currency betting.

Played around with it with a min. depot of 500 Euro back than.
    On my best month i made 34% profit on the depot.
    Which could be a lot with a lot more money a base.

On my wildest day I made in one morning 1200 Euro on top of the original base depot.
    With a risk of 15 Euro.

But I always managed to lose it back into the river of money.
    It was extremely stressful and my personality flaws would punish me hard.

So in the end I just stopped it and decided to make money with something I create rather speculate/bet. ( yeah yeah, its not betting if you know what you do, I argue it still is until you get insider information from the big players, learned all that candle patterns and methods to predict. It still always can be turned against you)

btw. Its the most volatile market. So if you wanna start trading forex is the way to go.
    The leverage of you money to what you can win is extrem. 1:500 or something.
    And if you play it correctly and control yourself well your bets are 50/50 on every trade.
    -Costs to enter it -set value per pip ( base money risked and multiplied)

So for everyone playing Lotto or roulette proffesionaly, they rather do this.
    Its also the way the guy in the movie Limitless got rich that quickly.
    My mind understands the game but my character screws it up.
    So not for me.

Also games feel more full filling.I guess..

edited October 2016

@BigDave said:
    Also games feel more full filling. I guess.

Yes, because they suit your creative nature. :)

• nadir.alkarbinadir.alkarbi Member, PRO Posts: 94

To be rich and famous just create a game and ask Miley Cyrus to play it & share it then BOOM you get 5m+ downloads easily and become rich in minutes >:) .

@nadir.alkarbi

man! thats it I already have the games.
    Now I just need to get her number!

@BigDave said:
    @nadir.alkarbi

man! thats it I already have the games.
    Now I just need to get her number!

Try this: 1 (315) 934 8178. I got it from my phone. >:)

I had to block it though because she kept calling me late at night which made my wife angry. o:)

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

I don't know about rich or famous but I have been doing ok.
    1. Making crappy games. The best that I can do, but by no means as nice as some I see in the stores or as nice as the ones some of you make. Some are clones of games I like others are original. Sometimes I buy a cheap template and muck it up and other times I just do something my kids want me to do. It usually takes me one weekend to do them. I also have to spend time with the kids and watch football (if in season), so it isn't like I am on it all day every weekend.
    2. I advertise on Google or Facebook. I pay very little per click and pick countries that are cheap. Sometimes I spend $1.00 a day other times it is .50 cents.
    3. I use Admob because it feels less like gambling than Chartboost. Admob is consistent for me.

Can I quit my regular job? Nope. But as my wife says it pays a couple of bills a month and I don't have to get a second job somewhere.

I have included 2 pictures one is from Admob (one week)

and one from Adwords (advertising for the week).

edited November 2016

@adriangomez
    you have good average 50-60 cents RPM on all your apps that good.
    And I see that creating small profit spans then by advertising here.
    Ever though about gambling up blowing more in ads and scale?
    Or does it in your opinion only work because you set cost per install/click that low so it comes with low traffic

I did / do the same with chartboost ad installs paying lowest around 10-20 cents per install in indonesia. And wasted money up to 2$ an install on US. Found I can manage to bring it somewhere 0.50$ US installs but at low traffic volume 1-4 instals a day

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

@BigDave

If I had the money I would try to expand the number of users I have by increasing the bid amount and picking more profitable countries (not sure how I would find that out). Currently, I don't have the money for that. But maybe if I get any tax money, I'll give it a try.

But you are right, at this point, I am a scavenger. My daily cap on advertisements is $5.00 but I never reach $2. Because at .03 cents a bid, I almost always get outbid.