Animate on timer not working?

LokitoesLokitoes Member, PRO Posts: 187

Hi all,

I have an animation set to begin on a timer and it isn't working - I've tried all the variables and nothing makes any difference. I notice that this has been a problem for some, and there have been some work arounds put on the forums - this being the simplest that I can see (I'm not yet good with self coding in gs):

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/22270/animate-with-timer

However this is from 2011. Is there any update since then to get the animate on timer function to work? I don't mind using a work around like the one above, it would just be really cool to get the timer behaviour working since it would save time - I had planned to do a lot of these within the one game going off at different times.

Current settings:

GS 1.25.73 on OSX 10.10.5
Set to animate 'after' 10 seconds. Also have tried 'every' just in case.
Have tried run to completion both on and off.
Have tried loop both on and off.
Tried different frame rates.
Tried return to actor image both on and off.
Have tried in normal preview and html5 preview.

Animation works just fine without being on a timer.
10 frames.

It seems to flicker to the first frame when the animation is meant to go off, but the first frame either flickers on and off or gets stuck on, and it never moves to the second frame or beyond. Is there something I am completely overlooking? I don't think it is my images themselves as I export all my .pngs in the same way in photoshop and I can't see anything wrong with these bar fairly long file names I guess (from batch exporting).

Thanks for any wise words that you may have!

Comments