GameSalad

Making a splash

Hello,
if anybody here can help me, I'm having trouble with a character touching a platform and spawning another character.
Alright so what I want to do is this: when my character jumps off a platform he falls and touches water, hence loses the game, but I want a splash of water to appear as my character drops and touches the water.
How do I do this?
Basically, the main character touching the 'death' element and I want to spawn an image of a water splash.
Thanks!!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 10,782Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    edited May 19

Is your question about how to draw the splash? Or how to spawn it? One option is to use particles to simulate a splash. Do you have the collision rule working correctly?

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Posts: 62Member, PRO

Do you need the splash to interact with any other actors?
    If not, try this method to animate the splash:
    make an integer game attribute 'death' and a new actor containing the splash animation; then create a rule in your character that when colliding with the 'water' actor, change game.death to 1; make a rule in the water actor that when attribute game.death = 1 spawn the animation actor.
    in the animation actor, add a timer that destroys the actor after the animation is finished.

• Facundo+Gioffr%C3%A9+-+elRatArtsFacundo Gioffré - elRatArts Posts: 5Member, BASIC

@Facundo Gioffré - elRatArts said:
    Hello,
    if anybody here can help me, I'm having trouble with a character touching a platform and spawning another character.
    Alright so what I want to do is this: when my character jumps off a platform he falls and touches water, hence loses the game, but I want a splash of water to appear as my character drops and touches the water.
    How do I do this?
    Basically, the main character touching the 'death' element and I want to spawn an image of a water splash.
    Thanks!!

The question is how to spawn it. I have to check but I think it does.

• Facundo+Gioffr%C3%A9+-+elRatArtsFacundo Gioffré - elRatArts Posts: 5Member, BASIC
    edited May 20

@rainwaterstudios said:
    Do you need the splash to interact with any other actors?
    If not, try this method to animate the splash:
    make an integer game attribute 'death' and a new actor containing the splash animation; then create a rule in your character that when colliding with the 'water' actor, change game.death to 1; make a rule in the water actor that when attribute game.death = 1 spawn the animation actor.
    in the animation actor, add a timer that destroys the actor after the animation is finished.

Thanks I'll try!

• MusicBoutiqueMusicBoutique Posts: 64Member, PRO
    edited May 20

@Facundo Gioffré - elRatArts
    something like this?...
    (i don't own the splash animation or sound... just an example)

@MusicBoutique said:
    @Facundo Gioffré - elRatArts
    something like this?...
    (i don't own the splash animation or sound... just an example)

thanks!

Thank you all!!!
    I got what I wanted!!!
    Soon enough I'll publish this game!!! And you will all see !!!
    Thanks!!