GameSalad

I need help with some animation. Can you please help me?

Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

So I want to animate my character to look right when moving right and look left when moving left. I have the pictures of him looking right and left but I don't know how to make him look right or left because I have buttons. These buttons are what make the person move it isn't any keys that make my guy move. So how do I make it so he looks right and left when moving right or left?
@Toque Help me

Comments

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO

    You can just flip the image. Here's a demo project to better explain the logic.

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @RowdyPants said:
    You can just flip the image. Here's a demo project to better explain the logic.

    But I don't have keys I have buttons

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO

    @Cat Gaming You can include button presses and key presses in the same rule or you can setup your logic like the demo projects in the launcher.

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming You can include button presses and key presses in the same rule or you can setup your logic like the demo projects in the launcher.

    Rowdy My game is for a iPhone or iPad or any mobile device with the app store. Will my game not be able to be compatible with the items if I don't have buttons?

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO

    @Cat Gaming If you're targeting touch screens you do need touch controls. Your game logic can include both key press controls (to support controllers) and touch controls together. Check out the Airship Defender example game in the GameSalad launcher to see how they integrated touch and key controls.

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming If you're targeting touch screens you do need touch controls. Your game logic can include both key press controls (to support controllers) and touch controls together. Check out the Airship Defender example game in the GameSalad launcher to see how they integrated touch and key controls.

    I have both controls but I want the actor to flip when they touch the touch controls and when they touch the key controls. I have already set up the key control flip but I don't know how to set it up with the touch control.

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO
    edited September 4

    @Cat Gaming Did you look at the Airship Defender example project? Open it up and go into the PlayerShip actor to see exactly how to make touch controls for movement.

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    I already know how to make button controls for movement. I just want to know how I can make my actor look the other way if you are going that way. So if I click the backwards button then I move and face backwards. Thats what I am trying to figure out how to do.

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO

    @Cat Gaming You can access the image facing property (in a rule) within the actor by selecting the Actor > Graphics > Flip Horizontally and then set that to true or false depending on whether you want it to flip or not. You only need images of one direction.

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member
    edited September 4

    @RowdyPants But I want it to change back and forth. So if I click the forward button I want it to be going forwards and if I click the backwards button I want it to face backwards

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    Nothing?

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,232Member, PRO

    @RowdyPants Man, you have the patience of a saint. o:)

  • ToqueToque Posts: 952Member, PRO

    Jamie cross has some good videos on YouTube that will help. Google "gamesalad tutorials Jamie cross@ . There are many by others too. If you google your problem a lot of times you can find a video on it.

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @PhilipCC said:
    @RowdyPants Man, you have the patience of a saint. o:)

    Yep :D

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO

    @Cat Gaming Hey, were you able to find any good tutorials that helped?

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming Hey, were you able to find any good tutorials that helped?

    Not yet

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming Hey, were you able to find any good tutorials that helped?

    But I uploaded the game to the Arcade! Check it out. It's called Fire Kitten: Lost In The Poison Kingdom

  • RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 234Member, PRO
    edited September 9

    @Cat Gaming Hmm I searched for it but can't find it :frowning: I wish GameSalad would add filtering options to their search criteria. When I type Fire Kitten: Lost In The Poison Kingdom it brings up over 9,000 games!

    Can you drop a link to the actual game page :mrgreen:

  • Cat+GamingCat Gaming Posts: 45Member

    @RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming Hmm I searched for it but can't find it :frowning: I wish GameSalad would add filtering options to their search criteria. When I type Fire Kitten: Lost In The Poison Kingdom it brings up over 9,000 games!

    Can you drop a link to the actual game page :mrgreen:

    I searched for it too, couldn't find, how can I send you a link

  • pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 1,965Member

    The link does not work.

Sign In or Register to comment.