I need help with some animation. Can you please help me?

Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

So I want to animate my character to look right when moving right and look left when moving left. I have the pictures of him looking right and left but I don't know how to make him look right or left because I have buttons. These buttons are what make the person move it isn't any keys that make my guy move. So how do I make it so he looks right and left when moving right or left?
@Toque Help me

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

You can just flip the image. Here's a demo project to better explain the logic.

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

@RowdyPants said:
    You can just flip the image. Here's a demo project to better explain the logic.

But I don't have keys I have buttons

@Cat Gaming You can include button presses and key presses in the same rule or you can setup your logic like the demo projects in the launcher.

@RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming You can include button presses and key presses in the same rule or you can setup your logic like the demo projects in the launcher.

Rowdy My game is for a iPhone or iPad or any mobile device with the app store. Will my game not be able to be compatible with the items if I don't have buttons?

@Cat Gaming If you're targeting touch screens you do need touch controls. Your game logic can include both key press controls (to support controllers) and touch controls together. Check out the Airship Defender example game in the GameSalad launcher to see how they integrated touch and key controls.

@RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming If you're targeting touch screens you do need touch controls. Your game logic can include both key press controls (to support controllers) and touch controls together. Check out the Airship Defender example game in the GameSalad launcher to see how they integrated touch and key controls.

I have both controls but I want the actor to flip when they touch the touch controls and when they touch the key controls. I have already set up the key control flip but I don't know how to set it up with the touch control.

edited September 2017

@Cat Gaming Did you look at the Airship Defender example project? Open it up and go into the PlayerShip actor to see exactly how to make touch controls for movement.

I already know how to make button controls for movement. I just want to know how I can make my actor look the other way if you are going that way. So if I click the backwards button then I move and face backwards. Thats what I am trying to figure out how to do.

@Cat Gaming You can access the image facing property (in a rule) within the actor by selecting the Actor > Graphics > Flip Horizontally and then set that to true or false depending on whether you want it to flip or not. You only need images of one direction.

edited September 2017

@RowdyPants But I want it to change back and forth. So if I click the forward button I want it to be going forwards and if I click the backwards button I want it to face backwards

Nothing?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@RowdyPants Man, you have the patience of a saint. o:)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Jamie cross has some good videos on YouTube that will help. Google "gamesalad tutorials Jamie cross@ . There are many by others too. If you google your problem a lot of times you can find a video on it.

@PhilipCC said:
    @RowdyPants Man, you have the patience of a saint. o:)

Yep :D

@Cat Gaming Hey, were you able to find any good tutorials that helped?

@RowdyPants said:

Not yet

@RowdyPants said:

But I uploaded the game to the Arcade! Check it out. It's called Fire Kitten: Lost In The Poison Kingdom

edited September 2017

@Cat Gaming Hmm I searched for it but can't find it :frowning: I wish GameSalad would add filtering options to their search criteria. When I type Fire Kitten: Lost In The Poison Kingdom it brings up over 9,000 games!

Can you drop a link to the actual game page :mrgreen:

@RowdyPants said:
    @Cat Gaming Hmm I searched for it but can't find it :frowning: I wish GameSalad would add filtering options to their search criteria. When I type Fire Kitten: Lost In The Poison Kingdom it brings up over 9,000 games!

Can you drop a link to the actual game page :mrgreen:

I searched for it too, couldn't find, how can I send you a link

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

The link does not work.