State of GameSalad on 12-11-2017

2»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@ForumNinja said:

@Socks said:

Been waiting for over a year now for the iOS viewer orientation issues to be resolved.

Have you tried the latest iOS Viewer app in the app store?

I can't try it at the moment as I don't own GameSalad, has the orientation issue been addressed in the latest version ? (I guess if it had been addressed you'd mention that, so I'm guessing it's not been fixed ?)

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@socks I presume it's been fixed since I don't see any orientation issues with the iOS Viewer currently.

It's very possible that it was fixed when we got the last viewer update out.

edited December 2017

@ForumNinja said:
    @socks I presume it's been fixed since I don't see any orientation issues with the iOS Viewer currently.

It's very possible that it was fixed when we got the last viewer update out.

Is there anyone you can ask to confirm whether this specific issue was fixed ?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Nope. Not fixed.

• :'( my scene editor is not showing up!
    please help me

@Bunni is a unicorn said:
    :'( my scene editor is not showing up!
    please help me

Make sure you are on the latest beta 1.25.83!

It’s got a fix for that.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@pHghost said:
    Nope. Not fixed.

Alrighty, can you send me a link to a bug report or pm some steps I can use to reproduce the issue?

Not sure there is a bug report, couldn't find one.

PMing you the steps.

@ForumNinja said:

@pHghost said:
    Nope. Not fixed.

Alrighty, can you send me a link to a bug report or pm some steps I can use to reproduce the issue?

Comments like this are disheartening, it's as if you've not previously been aware of the issue ?

• EpicBossFightEpicBossFight Member Posts: 3

What happened to the official High Sierra build that was going to (hopefully) be out on monday?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@EpicBossFight said:
    What happened to the official High Sierra build that was going to (hopefully) be out on monday?

Nothing! :p

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited December 2017

@ForumNinja
    Quick Question which Admob SDK is in the latest desktop version of Gamesalad?
    Because Admob warns:
    ing
    Beginning Jan 23, 2018, Google Mobile Ads SDK versions older than 7.0.0 for Android and 7.0.0 for iOS will no longer be supported. Publishers with these older versions will not be able to serve ads in their apps(s). Please ensure that you have upgraded to the latest version of the Google Mobile Ads SDK.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@BigDave
    I've just checked the GS release notes and it seems the last version of Admob SDK implemented was 7.8.0. (added to GS Creator 1.25.54). The release notes are here:
    https://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator

Admob SDK 7.0.0 was released in March 2015, so hopefully any game you published since mid-2015 will have used 7.0.0 upwards and will continue serving ads.

They just updated to the latest AdMob SDK recently, I think, to fix the iPhone X banner placement.

I think this is AdMob clearing out mainly old apps that have been without and update for some time, with versions of the SDK before 7 probably not supporting some features that are now considered standard (e.g. static interstitials now usually being interactive).

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2017

I’m finding in my latest release, admob interstitials that the game at times seems frozen but it’s trying to fetch an add. I’m using only static adds no video. Maximum cap 2 per minute. Portrait adds shown in landscape games.

Hmm. Maybe it’s calling an add but because I have an time cap (in admob settings) none are delivered?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@EpicBossFight I put it on hold to work on some website stuff. I'm gonna start it up again after Christmas.

The only difference in the build will be the an update to the updater framework, which should mean that auto updates should work again (gotta test that first). I got that working on Friday, then left it there.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@BigDave @DigiChain

Last update (which just requires you to regenerate if you're on 1.25.x)
    -- AdMob for iOS has been updated to 7.26.0
    -- RevMob for iOS has been updated to 10.0

• ellaharris3ellaharris3 https://www.debtconsolidationo.com Plano,Texas ,United StatesMember Posts: 1

I'm beginner
    It is my first post-:)

@adent42

I'm experiencing a bug in the latest beta version (1.25.83) where when dragging the scroll bars on a large game scene (to see/work on other parts of that scene) GameSalad often crashes.

edited December 2017

-

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

nope. this thing keeps crashing on my machine. not happy.
    as i posted in another thread, gs should have bulk emailed their subscribers about this glitch, rather than us finding out after we "upgraded" (and i use that term loosely) to high sierra. now i have something that doesn't work, that i am paying for.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@dan_t@ozemail.com.au said:
    as i posted in another thread, gs should have bulk emailed their subscribers about this glitch, rather than us finding out after we "upgraded" (and i use that term loosely) to high sierra. now i have something that doesn't work, that i am paying for.

@dan_t@ozemail.com.au - Welcome to the GS support group. I feel your pain, I think a lot of us do, for exactly the same reasons - paying for something that doesn't work, it's gotten old and annoying.

GS, @adent42 @ForumNinja THIS is what we're talking and concerned about - the current broken state of GS and lack of comms is literally alienating customers old AND new, and this is poor Dan's first experiences with the product by the looks of it...

Can you guys not just please DROP the other stuff, and set aside a few days to sort these issues out in the desktop Creator / device publishing/engine, or at least officially update us?!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited December 2017

To support iPhone X, I've change all my games origin value to x-74 y-97 , after that some buttons started to not work as smoothly as in the previous build(origin 0,0).

on iPad, there is no issue.

I have a bug-free build(origin 0,0) and the new one(origin 74,97). Could you take a look at this? @adent42

Lots of users are experiencing the same problem.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

Are you on the 1.25.83 beta build?

@Japster said:

@dan_t@ozemail.com.au - Welcome to the GS support group. I feel your pain, I think a lot of us do, for exactly the same reasons - paying for something that doesn't work, it's gotten old and annoying.

GS, @adent42 @ForumNinja THIS is what we're talking and concerned about - the current broken state of GS and lack of comms is literally alienating customers old AND new, and this is poor Dan's first experiences with the product by the looks of it...

Can you guys not just please DROP the other stuff, and set aside a few days to sort these issues out in the desktop Creator / device publishing/engine, or at least officially update us?!

cheers for the support. weirdly this beta version they provided the link for didn't work on my machine last night when i installed it, but this morning it did start to work (after some dicking around).

for the record, in the couple of years i have paid for gs, i have found the support staff to be extremely helpful when i have needed something. this thing/glitch though probably should have been handled with more proactive communication to subscribers. i know the root cause lies with apple and another one of their crappy "upgrades", but once gs knew about the issue, they should have told us so we could avoid complications.

@pHghost said:

Are you on the 1.25.83 beta build?

yes. it was crashing when i installed yesterday, but this morning seems to be working.

as noted above, i find gs staff great, just thought this issue could've been handled better to avoid grief.

i should also say thanks gs for providing the beta thing as a solution.

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229
    edited December 2017

@ForumNinja @adent42

Interesting and great loading time surprise:

A game with 400 actors, dozen of tables, 1000 images and sounds..

Game scene loading time with iPhone 6 = 16.5 seconds (unmarketable, unreleasable)

Same game scene loading time with iPhone X = 4.6 seconds (yep that would do)

(so far, only tested with the GS viewer)

New GS website intro:
    on another note: Nice baby blue change (very education friendly and will go well with dark UI) coming from the ugly purple branding on the website, (although the blue filter is washing out the video a little too much, maybe a little more faded?or different blending mode?). It looks like what happens when you drag your mouse on a website image by mistake.

edited December 2017

i know the root cause lies with apple and another one of their crappy "upgrades"

Haha, nah. This one is in GameSalad's court. Apple provided developers with beta versions of High Sierra months before it was released, exactly to prepare for situation like this, not to affect users.

@blob said:

Interesting and great loading time surprise

Even on iPhone 7, the loading times are actually quite impressive. I guess technology is finally catching up with GameSalad's inefficiencies. Soon having to build single scene projects will be a thing of the past!