State of GameSalad on 12-11-2017
Hello everyone, here's some updates.
We have a new beta update that fixes the attribute visibility issues. There's a new issue with the latest High Sierra versions where the "Dashboard" crashes after login. But if you look at the top menu, you'll notice that GS is still running. You can use File > New or File > Open to edit your existing projects.
We should have a fix for that issue by next week. Here's a Dropbox download link for the beta:
iOS 11 and iPhone X Support
We're investigating some potential IAP issues still, but iOS 11 should be supported, as well as advertisement placements (mainly banners) for the iPhone X.
We appreciate all the feedback in regards to the web version! It's very helpful. We pushed out an update over the weekend that includes pretty much everything that was mentioned in the last state of GameSalad:
- Added a setting for the changing of actor size when an image is applied to it.
Previously: When an image was added the actor would change its width/height to match the image
Now: Through the setting you can choose to have the actor resize to ½, ¼, ⅔, or the full size of the image being applied
UI Updates / Changes
- First pass of tighter UI elements (affecting behaviors, lists in the library, attributes, etc)
- Dragging of actors starts on "mouse down" and doesn't require a click first.
- New Ways to organize Behavior Library (Unsorted [the default alphabetical], By Type, By Usage)
- If a behavior is disabled, it's errors become warnings now.
- Warning on deletion of attributes referenced in a behavior.
- Support for basic expression validation.
- New UI for hiding / showing sidebars.
- Settings/profile stuff is now also available at the top-right of the page for more intuitive access.
- Disabled behaviors appear faded
- Up/down scrolling for logic stack while dragging a behavior added (hold the behavior near the top or bottom of the logic stack to scroll)
- Accelerate Towards
- Change Velocity
- Change Size
- Close App (formerly Quit Game)
- Pause Music
- Play Music
- Stop Music
- Show Banner Ad
- Show "More Games" Ad
- Keyboard Input (Now labeled: Show Text Input Dialog)
- Load Attribute
- Log Debugging Statement
- Open URL Action
- Rotate To Angle
- Save Attribute
- Save Table
- Firefox can now see actor previews. Number fields in behaviors will have more space.
- Ability to type in negative numbers in fields (you could paste whole negative numbers or use the increment/decrement before to get negative numbers but you couldn't just type a '-')
- Uncommon bug for sorting actors and scenes should be fixed.
- Fixed bugs with layer reordering.
Once again we appreciate all the feedback and will continue listening as we progress.
- 2017-12-11 - Original post.
- 2017-12-12 - Link updated to 1.25.82b. Fixes issue with publishing and issues with pre High Sierra macOS installs.
- 2017-12-14 - Link updated to 1.25.83. Fixes issue with instances referencing scene attributes.