GameSalad

State of the Salad 03/2018

15678911»

Comments

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Posts: 263Member, PRO

Hi @adent42 I'm lost, with what button should I generate? with "Build RC" or with "Generate App"?
    I was using Chartboost and it stopped working, I was going to try AdMob to see if I had better luck

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,101Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

@CasualEvolution I just put out a fix for Build RC. Try that one. That one should deliver Chartboost ads more effectively and fix a potential crash issue.

edited June 8

Ok @adent42 thanks!, I'm going to try and tell you (between both test AdMob and I had no luck either :( )

@adent42 Chartboost is working now :)

• JapsterJapster Posts: 592Member, PRO

@adent42 said:
    @CasualEvolution I just put out a fix for Build RC. Try that one. That one should deliver Chartboost ads more effectively and fix a potential crash issue.

Ironically, I forgot to mention, yeah, my app crashed once the other day too, for the first time ever - I did wonder.... :smile:

Great news about the fix - hopefully my testing helped, but yeah, I hate pointers too, from my C++ days - powerful, but dangerous when they're wrong... :frowning:

Right, I'm off to build again - Here goes nothing!

Thanks again!

Okay, built my app, and everything seems to work fine so far, with Ads showing, rewards, etc...

HOWEVER.... ...and it's NEVER done this before, but now my game has several false starts? - Can you please check into it @adent42 , as it's honestly never done this before - iOS goes to launch it, and a split second later the app exits - happened about a dozen times to me! - if it actually loads up, it seems fine? - I'm also checking with my Beta testers now it's been approved for Beta testing...

I uninstalled, and re-installed, and same problem...

Weird, and worrying....

edited June 11

For when you get in @adent42 - still consistently getting this, I really think something may have been introduced in the last build? - literally, I didn't even upload a fresh build at first, just rebuilt from my last uploaded project (that never crashed out/exited at startup), so not a thing had changed my end, but I'm now trying another build, and deselected RevMob (as they've STILL got my app status as 'pending' after SIX days, and completely ignored my emails... GRRR....) - Think they can do one, and I'll use ChartBoost and Admob instead....

But I digress - will let you know the final outcome once I test this newly uploaded, none-RevMob enabled build...

Cheers...

UPDATE.... Well, that was weird.... I re-uploaded my app, rebuilt it, re-signed it, and now it's worked properly a dozen times on the trot... fingers crossed.... I'd even uninstalled the old, and re-installed the new, prior to that with no joy...

Mind you, I'm now getting NO ads from Chartboost (I got 3 - 4 on the trot when first loaded, but now get an error every single time, even after exiting the app and trying again, several times), so I'll pop CB's Test Mode back on, and try again...

EDIT:-

Must've been Chartboost, sorry... Getting ads fine again this morning, on the same build... Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I genuinely thought it best to mention, in case it was an actual bug, like the previous one... :wink: Massive respect for being so open about that one, btw, @adent42 ... :smiley:

In closing, so far, I'm REALLY happy with the current state of the RC, and just waiting for RevMob to sort their crap out, before I'll try testing that ad service out again...

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,101Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

Yah, you might have been running the "current" build instead of the RC for the false starts. What you were likely seeing was the crash the RC was released to fix.

@adent42 said:
    Yah, you might have been running the "current" build instead of the RC for the false starts. What you were likely seeing was the crash the RC was released to fix.

Good point! - it was well late, and I was flagging, so it's a possibility... ;) Cheers @adent42 !

Just been approved by Apple, so at least my changes are live in the App Store - thanks again, looking a lot more robust build - ads seem consistently reliable for Chartboost today... :smiley:

FYI for all RC is now the main build, there is no more RC (at least for now). Cheers!

Hi @adent42 I have some questions about diferents AD networks:

• AdMob video reward are available? and are working?
    • AdMob has mediation too, we can use that? if yes, we can register other AD networks that are unsupported by GS and it canalize these trough AdMob ?
    • Tapdaq has video reward? sorry I not understand how it works, or is a mediation only? how we can use and maximice this feature.

Sorry if all this must be obvious, but I am a "lite" confused, now I have Chartboost video reward working, but I want know if more options are available to crush the ADs
    Thanks

No-ish. I put in some code to handle it, android, but we haven't tested it yet. I don't think I put the same code iOS. It's not a lot of work, but I really wanted to finish up GDPR. I'll see how much work it would be to get it into the next updates.
    No. We support no mediation on any network. I can look into making the mediation call for Admob, but it would only work for the networks that required no extra SDKs to hook into.
    Not sure. I'll look it up tomorrow, but actually couldn't get Tapdaq working beyond knowing it correctly called the initialization callback but had no ads for me. I never looked deeply into Tapdaq to see if they had their own ads beyond the mediated ads.

Sorry I'm not more helpful at this time. As a future plan, I'm going to investigate using either Tapdaq or another mediation based network that supports all of our existing networks as the sole ad provider. That should simplify things for everyone, but for now, no mediation yet.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenPosts: 636Member, PRO

@freneticz we found an issue earlier today. Try republishing and see if it's fixed.

15678911»