Anyone else having their images disappear?

sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Most recent update seems to be good so far. Only problem encountered since updating is that my images keep disappearing and I have to restart over and over again. Anyone else having this happen? I'm using MAC with High Sierra OS with current 1.25.89

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@sinbot said:
    I'm using MAC with High Sierra OS with current 1.25.89

Have a look at page 5 of this thread http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96179/state-of-the-salad-03-2018#latest

Adent42 said, "Please update and sign your apps with the 1.25.91 update if you are about to submit them to the store.

Basically we had an extra flag on signing (--deep) in 1.25.89 that breaks expectations on Application loader. This is now fixes as well as a few of the problems from 1.25.89 and the temporary 90."

• salino2835salino2835 Member, PRO Posts: 76

@sinbot im on 1.25.91 and same thing happening

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited April 2018

I think it has to do with highlighting in the image field. I posted about it in the same thread @PhilipCC linked. Definitely happening in 1.25.91.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Hi all, I have the same issue... Every time I need to restart GameSalad... And I had already updated it to the latest 91 version

Any updates to the solution to fix it?

• ewballewball Member, PRO Posts: 3

I'm having the same problem. After modifying an image in a scene any thing that refreshes the window will result in all the images disappearing from the area. The images are still there, they are just not visible including the titles. If I know where an image is at I can add it to a scene. Any solutions?
    Using Mac High Sierra GS version 1.25.92

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We're looking to release 1.25.94 soon that should help, if not solve that problem.

• emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

I have the same problem. I have to close and reopen the software after everytime that I test the game. I have GS version 1.25.94 and my macOS high sierra 10.13.6 up to date. Please let me know if there is a fix to this.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@emoji. unfortunately there's no easy fix.

We currently suggest using:
    http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.88/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.88.dmg

to work with and 1.25.94 to sign your app (which is only necessary if your game uses ads on iOS).

A summary of the issue:

At some point Apple updated their SDK so that the widget we're using for the image library broke in the way we are using it (it works fine on first load, but it breaks shortly after).

They don't have a suggested fix, as they have deprecated that widget and are wanting us to change to a different widget.

The switchover isn't a trivial task, so we've spent the last week or so trying to find a way around it even going back 2 versions of Xcode (which apparently isn't far back enough).

Since we haven't been able to, we're going to bite the bullet and make the change, but it's gonna take a bit.

Sorry for the inconvenience of two versions, but the wait should be worth it ensures the app will work better with future versions of macOS.