When Published to Playstore my game is cropped

Hi,

So I finally created my 1st game and published it to the game store. I tried installing it on 2 different android devices and found 2 problems

1. My game is cropped. My Display is set to1024 and 768. My scene size and camera is also set to 1024 and 768. Not sure why play store is cropping my game.
  2. The main screen loads but when my level starts the app closes.

Any help would be highy appreciated.

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

so you’re using base settings for an ipad?

are you using any logic to adjust your screen for other devices?

• FireCrocFireCroc Member, PRO Posts: 60

Yes, its the default setting for ipad Landscape. GS doent have a android setting. I havent used and logic for main menu. I am thinking it might be the way I published it.

you need to use logic/settings in your project to adjust for different devices, or at least different aspect ratios.

overscan crops the picture, so if you use that, any HUD actors need to take into account that the screen is cropped (which i hate because it cuts out too much of the display), and be pushed down/up accordingly.

i find stretch the best one to use for universal builds. go back a couple of weeks through the threads, there's one where sinbot i think it was, asked about universal builds. i put up a couple of universal build demos in that thread. the second one is the better one to use, and will adjust your display to any screen size in landscape.

Awesome Thanks Bob, I changed my setting to scan and it does not crop anymore. The display looks great.

However the game still closes when the level starts. When I select letterbox the screen looks smaller and my game does not close when the level starts. The game works fine.

Any ideas?

Looks like when I mute the music. The level start everytime. But as soon as I leave the music on the game closes when the screen starts. Thats so weird

@FireCroc said:
    Awesome Thanks Bob, I changed my setting to scan and it does not crop anymore. The display looks great.

However the game still closes when the level starts. When I select letterbox the screen looks smaller and my game does not close when the level starts. The game works fine.

Any ideas?

letterbox and overscan are no good. trust me. stretch is the way to go. you just need one actor that will read the width of the display screen and adjust the camera width accordingly (and depending if you want it centred on the scene, adjust the position).

have a look through here . the second demo i posted with the platformer is annotated so should help you put together a universal build. if you go that path, just remember the screen adjust actor needs to be the first actor on the lowest layer.

i have no idea why the game closes when your level starts though.

Wow thanks for this. Yeah, stratch is the best. I reduced most of my image sizes and now looks like my game is now sorted. Game does not close anymore.

Thanks for all your help